AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:26:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ  (Read 10655 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2010, 12:49:18 PM »

@Badger: I voted for the ConCon the first time despite my reservations following the failure of the first because I felt like it wouldn't hurt anything by doing it again. I'll be honest, I have been busy recently with midterms, projects and LSAT preparations, so I, myself, have not been following the progress on the actual accomplishments of the ConCon recently. If it is a successful venture, and the delegates remain committed, enthused and optimistic, I see no reason why I would vote to dismantle it and I don't foresee AndrewCT voting to dismantle it either.

If you haven't been following the Convention much, and again there's been no real criticism of the CC's operation or accomplishments, then why support a plebiscite to consider ending it? A best it's an election for the sake of holding an election on an issue few if any apparently disagree on. At worst, well, you have to admit it could at least appear merely an election gimmick to take a swipe at Purple State.

The original ConCon mercifully ended about the time I got involved in Atlasia. I say 'mercifully' as by near universal account it was a complete and total clusterf$#k. Having concern at first about retrying the process was understandable, but surely you'd agree this CC has been the near diametrical opposite of the first in terms of organization, progress, lack of rancor and widespread controversy?

Honestly, Duke, it seems a huge jump from expressing reservations about the current CC at its creation, followed by months of silence, then out of the blue calling for a national election on terminating it--especially if you haven't been closely following its progress. Can I suggest taking time after your LSAT to review the documents PS linked and firmly decide whether or not you believe its "a successful venture"?

Still waiting on Andrew's response here. Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »

TPTTAA Reporter - Given that your views on the ConCon seems deeply unpopular, and there is a desire to continue the current convention to resolution, will you now bow to public opinion and retract this platform plank?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »

@Kal: I can debate anytime after Sunday. My LSATs are Saturday morning and I have a project Sunday morning to do. I should have some breathing room to debate then.

Well, I guess we have to wait for Naso RM, of course if he's serious.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2010, 03:25:50 PM »

@Teddy: the platform plank never stated we would unilaterally shut down the ConCon - it merely stated we would review its progress and decide where to go from there. With all the support coming out for the ConCon, we would certainly continue to see its progression through until it's finished. We are not dropping a plank - we are doing what we said we would do all along. We never intended to stop it against the will of the people. 

@badger: I'll certainly read through the progress once I have the chance. If it's going as well as it seems, it won't be going anywhere till it's completed. 
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »

we would certainly continue to see its progression through until it's finished.

Can the Presidential Candidate confirm this?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2010, 03:51:45 PM »

we would certainly continue to see its progression through until it's finished.

Can the Presidential Candidate confirm this?

At its current rate of progress, and if the President and others feel that an additional 10 days is all that is needed to complete the ConCon so that it can be sent to voters, I would most likely vote in favor of giving this small extension, with the hopes that there wont be any calls for additional time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »

Questions? Comments? I didn't want to let this fall too far out of the face of the voters. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »

Questions? Comments? I didn't want to let this fall too far out of the face of the voters. Tongue

Stance on what ConCon passed, please
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »

What do you mean? Essentially the huge majority of things passed have been consolidations of the old constitution which is fine by me. I am skepitcal of the idea of trying to put the reboot into it. We really need to carefully consider the implications of tossing the historical aspects of Atlasia aside in favor of this. I'm going to wait and see what is presented in the debate currently in progress on the senate floor.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »

What do you mean? Essentially the huge majority of things passed have been consolidations of the old constitution which is fine by me. I am skepitcal of the idea of trying to put the reboot into it. We really need to carefully consider the implications of tossing the historical aspects of Atlasia aside in favor of this. I'm going to wait and see what is presented in the debate currently in progress on the senate floor.

I think it bears mentioning one thing: A legislative restart is not throwing away the history of the game. Our history is so much deeper than the laws passed by the Senate, many of which have been amended and repealed over time (note that the entire First Senate's legislation is repealed).

Our history is about the issues that confront us all, whether regions, left vs. right, or Hamilton. Our history is about the people that helped make this game what it is today, from Tweed at the founding to Bgwah, NCY and Libertas today. Our history is about the institutional memory of what this game is about.

But, the legislation does intimidate new members and does make it difficult for people to think about the game in dynamic ways.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »

TIED ENDORSEMENT BY TPTTAA

TPTTAA supports the candidates but has concerned about the platform and concerns about the activity levels of the presidential candidate.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2010, 06:26:25 AM »

Sorry everyone for not being around much the past few days. I had a death in the family, and the past few days were difficult getting all the affairs together, than the service and everything else. I'll be back in action this afternoon though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »

Sorry everyone for not being around much the past few days. I had a death in the family, and the past few days were difficult getting all the affairs together, than the service and everything else. I'll be back in action this afternoon though.

Very sorry to hear it. Take care.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »

Thank you. Everything is starting to come back together now, and I'll return to usual or higher activity. It was a really stressfull week, and I figured I wouldnt mention anything until everything was done and finished with, except for a few peopel who had already known.

Either way, I hope to post a few things about what I plan to do tonight or tomorrow morning.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »

Thank you. Everything is starting to come back together now, and I'll return to usual or higher activity. It was a really stressfull week, and I figured I wouldnt mention anything until everything was done and finished with, except for a few peopel who had already known.

Either way, I hope to post a few things about what I plan to do tonight or tomorrow morning.

Not that it's going to make you feel better, but I have some s**t in RL now as well.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »

Not that it's going to make you feel better, but I have some s**t in RL now as well.

RL is always more important than what is going on here. I'm sure I'll be talking to you later on AIM.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2010, 02:03:50 PM »

Andrew, I'm sorry. My grandfather passed away last Monday as well and his funeral was on my birthday, October 14th. It's been tough here too. My best wishes.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »

Andrew, I'm sorry. My grandfather passed away last Monday as well and his funeral was on my birthday, October 14th. It's been tough here too. My best wishes.

Jeez, guys, that's awful. Sad I'm very sorry for your losses.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »

Goodness! A haircut, 5 hour drive and a successfully repaired internet connection later, the election is upon us! How times flies when you're having far too much to do going onfun!

With this election season coming to a close, I urge everyone, the youngs and the olds, to get out and vote whether it be for me and Andrew or Fritz (although, to maximize your utility, vote for Andrew/Duke aka Andrew2 aka Andrew2 II).

We have laid out a vision for Atlasia and detailed plans to both get Atlasians back to work and rebuild our infrastructure. We've also made a commitment to improving our environment, reduce needless spending, and keep our debt to the lowest levels possible. I'm not going to attack anyone in this speech because both Fritz and Kaljewi are great Atlasians, but when it comes to who's prepared and has proposed a clear plan for the future, the choice is simple, and we have the record to back up our policy planks. I can assure you that our administration will be one that listens to all sides, whether you are a liberal, libertarian, conservative, or Populist. This nation is at our best when everyone has an input. We pledge to be the leaders of Atlasia, not of a particular party. You can take that to the bank! Tongue

So on this eve of the election, Andrew and I ask all of you to consider us when you go vote. Put a little whiskey back into the halls of the White House! Cheesy

Happy voting!

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »

I'd like to thank you all again for the kind words, as well as my running mate for his statement. The election is upon us, and although this has been a difficult past two weeks, I feel like the message from our campaign, as well as the others have all been presented to the voters in a very compassionate way.

I couldnt be happier with how this election has turned out so far. It has been a long time since Atlasia has had a truely competitve race for the Presidency, and right now I really think this is what we have been needing. Regardless of the results, I want to thank you all for coming out and making your voices and opinions made.

I think this campaign has been run clean, as we have not gone negative or on the attack, which is something that I focused on. The message is what is important, not how it is delieverd.  Duke and I have set up a vision for Atlasia, and if elected we promise that we will make sure that vision is brought, and build Atlasia to a greater nation.

So friends, when you go to the voting booth, I want you all to remember that Duke and I have been passionate of Atlasia since the start, and we will continue to do the same if elected. So thank you all again, and I wish everyone the best of luck in all of their respective races!!

Also,  vote ANDREW TO THE SECOND POWER, A SECOND TIME!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2010, 03:16:17 PM »

Good Afternoon Atlasia,

At this time, I would like to thank every single one of you who came out and voted for me in this election. When the idea of this campaign came to mind, I knew it would be an uphill battle against either the President or Vice President, but when Fritz came onto the scene, I knew it was still going to be just as difficult.

But I am proud of how well the campaign did. One of the most important things I wanted to do was to keep this campaign clean and positive. This ticket wasnt negative, we didnt talk down of others, and we kept in on track, and this is something I am happy for. I would like to take this time to congratulate our President-elect, and my friend, the Vice President-elect on their victories, and wish them the best of luck!

At this time, what my political future holds is unknown. Most likely, I will continue to serve out the remainder of my term, and than retire for a while. I would like to thank everyone again who came out in support of this ticket. I couldnt have been happier to see how many people from several different parties came out in support of me, putting the person above the party. Thank you all again, it really meant a lot.

Dave Bless!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

You guys ran a good campaign, and I'm not ashamed to say I gave you a second preference . Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »

You're a true Atlasian, and I thank you for taking part in this election with dignity and honor. I'm extremely proud to say that I voted for you. Smiley
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »

You're a true Atlasian, and I thank you for taking part in this election with dignity and honor. I'm extremely proud to say that I voted for you. Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies