AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:34:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ  (Read 10665 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 02:28:19 AM »

Now let us move forward now that the pest has been silenced.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2010, 02:30:50 AM »

Yeah, the Afleitch/Smid Administration sure was fun. How wrong I was about that.

Oh, you mean an administration that we Populares had nothing to do with? With a president of the same party as the one you serve now as VP?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010, 02:33:11 AM »

Yeah, the Afleitch/Smid Administration sure was fun. How wrong I was about that.

Oh, you mean an administration that we Populares had nothing to do with? With a president of the same party as the one you serve now as VP?

My comment had nothing to do with the Populares there, just your comments about living under a "non-JCP approved" Administration.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one in Atlasia that doesn't suffer from chronic memory loss.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2010, 02:35:30 AM »

THIS IS STUPID
Give this topic back to AndrewCT!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2010, 02:36:24 AM »

Relax Sewer, I'm done now. I've made my point and I have nothing more to say that can't be handled with PMing.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2010, 02:40:48 AM »

Ah, all I can think is poor Andrew... coming into this tomorrow when he logs on. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2010, 02:42:00 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2010, 02:44:20 AM by Darth PiT, Imperial Speaker »

I know you JCPers would love to be our masters again, eh?

My interest is in being no one's master. I'm Vice President to someone who isn't even in the JCP, if you remember. (Hell, I'd run VP to Smid if it meant keeping the Populares or Populares enablers out of office.)

Since such a ticket would inevitably result in some JCPer being elected President, we would have to be crazy to accept such a state of affairs.

What have we done to make you hate us so much? Seriously. I've tried to do my damnedest to be active and keep the machines running. I've wanted to improve the game. I ran with someone of the DA, forcing the JCP into a backseat role, because I said I wanted it to be an election of ideas and solutions, and not partisan breakdown.

If you actually want this party's abominable history in power, just because you're so petty to ignore anything good that we try to do for the sake of the game, then seriously, just.. shame. Shame shame. Since you're someone who openly admits to voting for the ticket that would get the most "fun" result, I can't exactly be surprised that you don't have anything's best interests at heart.

So if the candidate more dedicated to game reform received 100% of the vote, would that be good for the game? Most certainly not. I am sure you will agree.

Seriously, consensus elections are easily the biggest threat to the survival of Atlasia. Back in the run-up to the February Presidential election, I passionately argued against supporting the JCP/DA ticket with my fellow RPPers.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2010, 02:45:11 AM »

Ah, all I can think is poor Andrew... coming into this tomorrow when he logs on. Tongue

Yeah, you're right. I'll tone down my rhetoric.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »

Really. He might as well make a new thread. Tongue
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2010, 02:52:22 AM »

THIS IS STUPID
Give this topic back to AndrewCT!

Damn, what a let down, I was expecting that to be THIS IS SPARTA!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2010, 06:56:32 AM »

Fine, Yankee, continue your denial but don't be suprised when Populares take a life away from RPP with a help of tolls like AndrewCT. All they interested in is a domination and, PiT, you can't possibly compare them to JPC in this regard. OK, if you all are going to go into this, you'll be outsmarted by Hamilton and his little heir.

Obviously, Atlasia need to come thorought this s**t. I'll enjoy the show from now on.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »

Alright everyone, cut the sh**t out. If you want to bitch about me being a the POP front man or something, go create your thread. If I hear one more thing about this from people who have already wasted a good 6 pages of my thread, I'm just going to lock the thread, and not post a single thing about my campaign. I have not let the NLC, the DA, nor the POP to tell me who, and how I'll be voting, and I'm sure as hell not going to start now. Its done, get over it, or get out. I would like to thank the rest of you for the kind words, especially from people like Ben, who can see that I am still the same guy.

I'm going to announce my choice for VP, but before I do, let me let you all in on something. This ticket may have been discussed with party leaders, but this wasnt a party ticket. I have expressed the desire to run on the same ticket with this person, even while I was in the NLC. I think this person has done an excellent job in Atlasia. He has worked hard as a Senator, as well as his time as Governor.

So without further delay, I'd like to announce Senator Duke as my running mate!  Reminder, tomorrow we will both be announcing our platform.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »

It looks like things have turned out about as well as I could have imagined in this thread early on.  Tongue Before I begin my statement, I want to confirm I will be joining Andrew’s ticket for the Vice Presidency of Atlasia. This is a ticket that, in my dealings at least, was formed between the two of us over a year ago when I was then the governor of the South and Andrew the governor of the Northeast. I think many of you can remember posts hinting towards this in the past (and with my main man fezzy). I didn’t join this ticket due to some desire to increase my electability or some wish to sell myself out to the Populares (I wasn't drafted - they didn't want me), I joined it because it was something I have always discussed and, dag burn it, you’re only young once. You may as well live it up. This ticket almost did not happen. People within both parties didn’t want me anywhere near this ticket. There were discussions of many different running mates and tickets. The other night, at the last minute, Andrew and I decided that if the party heads didn’t want us to run together, there was going to be no ticket involving either of us on the right (not to say I didn’t almost take a job elsewhere). We were through with all this backroom crap. Here we are.. Tongue

I also want to make it clear to everyone that no ticket that I am a part of will be beholden to anyone but myself and AndrewCT, and I trust Andrew will not take orders from anyone else either. We will make the decisions. We will call the shots. I have been my own man since I came to Atlasia, and I will continue to be my own man wherever this leads us. The platform we publish tomorrow (yes, a platform!) contains ideas collaborated by both myself and AndrewCT, not the head guys in either party. We do have serious policy ideas, intentions and plans for our potential administration. We will not engage in any below the belt political grandstanding. We will not run a campaign with no purpose just because. I’m not wasting my time here.  Since I’m involved in this ticket, I can assure you many of the things that plagued the tickets of the past will not happen under my watch. Now, let’s cool down, take a deep breath and begin this process. It’ll be fun and interesting. I promise!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2010, 12:12:11 PM »

So without further delay, I'd like to announce Senator Duke as my running mate!  Reminder, tomorrow we will both be announcing our platform.

Double endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »

Fine, Yankee, continue your denial but don't be suprised when Populares take a life away from RPP with a help of tolls like AndrewCT. All they interested in is a domination and, PiT, you can't possibly compare them to JPC in this regard. OK, if you all are going to go into this, you'll be outsmarted by Hamilton and his little heir.

Obviously, Atlasia need to come thorought this s**t. I'll enjoy the show from now on.

The only one attacking my party right know is you. And appearently you think I am 1) stupid, 2) an idiot, 3) naive, 4) worthless.  You couldn't say that without meaning those four things. So guess what, since you don't think I am serious about protecting the RPP, I will show you your wrong.

Fires up Chain saw

Now, STFU and GTFO of this thread, Pole. Angry
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2010, 05:23:56 PM »

Even though I am supporting Fritz, I think AndrewCT is a good candidate who has served Atlasia well over the years.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »

The only one attacking my party right know is you. And appearently you think I am 1) stupid, 2) an idiot, 3) naive, 4) worthless.  You couldn't say that without meaning those four things. So guess what, since you don't think I am serious about protecting the RPP, I will show you your wrong.

Fires up Chain saw

No, Yankee. Everybody can make mistakes, even experienced people like you and there's no shame in that. We warned you what is coming, out of our respect to RPP as a valuable force in Atlasian politics, and what you're going to do, it's now your business. And your responsibility.

So, show me I'm wrong. I'd be actually glad if things won't go worse Smiley
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »

Fires up Chain saw

No, Yankee. Everybody can make mistakes, even experienced people like you and there's no shame in that. We warned you what is coming, out of our respect to RPP as a valuable force in Atlasian politics, and what you're going to do, it's now your business. And your responsibility.

Kal, Yankee, Marokai, can't we run a peaceful campaign for once?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »

Fires up Chain saw

As I can speak for myself only, from now on, I'm ceasing my argument here, as I'm personally a candidate in this, not a bystander anymore.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2010, 07:30:39 PM »

That would make this completely boring, considering Andrew/Duke will almost certainly win. I mean, for all the talk from PiT about the big bad JCP controlling anything being boring and bad for the game, I can't think of anything more dreadfully boring than a unity ticket with little opposition and almost assured victory. May as well make it somewhat interesting.

(And before anyone mentions me running with PS while he was in the DA, such a decision was made completely on a whim and done in a way that we did not even expect to win, at all. PS was also prepared to run against his own party and I put my party firmly in the back seat. Had nothing to do with politics. If someone wanted an easy win, I can't imagine why they'd want me.)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2010, 09:07:22 PM »

I wont be able to endorse this ticket because I wont be able to vote for it! I intend to continue the tradition I started where the SoFE does not cast a valid ballot, but rather, casts a ballot to indicate the close of voting.

I do, however, hope that whomever wins that they hopefully would allow me to keep my job Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »

Fires up Chain saw

Peaceful compaigns are not good for a political campaign. We need "heated" but "respectful" campaigns which so far some perople have had a problem with the last one. I fully agree with you and my role and purpose in this thread has either been to silence BS or respond to it. I didn't have any intention of us moving into name calling or insulting of each other and if you will look it it wasn't me who initiated the insults and insinuations of insults. It is done, you are right. But I will advise you not to group me with Kal, and Marokai. My work here has been 1) Defensive and 2) Reactive. My job is to protect my people and my party and I will do that. But please don't group me with the aggressors.   
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2010, 09:06:30 AM »

Andrews, while I can not give you my first preference, you two are both outstanding Atlasians who I do not hesitate to support.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »

To paraphrase a horrible movie with a great line

Are you kidding? That was a good movie. Grin

It was as fun as it could have been, considering the simplest of elements it was based on. Definitely the best movie I went to that summer.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2010, 02:42:53 PM »

First, I'd like to thank Senator BK for his post, it was greatly appreciated.

Also, although it has all slown down, I would like to again please ask to keep all fighting or arguing out of this thread. I understand some people are very passionate, but it is difficult to be able to look through who supports, who doesnt, and what questions people might have. I really dont want to have to delete this, and start it all over again.

Thank you all!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies