Social Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:03:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Social Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
Author Topic: Social Thread!  (Read 31779 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »

Well, just got back from a basketball game. I was seriously pissed at the end of that game. I played maybe a total of six minutes (I don't know), when we only have eight people on the team and one person didn't play at all. I went in twice, I got called out twice. I did pretty average, not enough to get pissed at a player for, except for fouling (twice I think), but other were fouling too. We were leading all the way up to the end, and even when coach was getting pissed at the starters within the last five minutes, I didn't go in.

Next game, I'm only one of five people who's going to be there. I'm considering threatening to not show up, though I would never do that in real life, to spite the coach.
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2011, 08:50:45 PM »

Yay! This forum and Giants baseball did not completely tank my grades....off to work for second semester.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

Today in english class I complained to the teacher about how the book "siddhartha" is like making a book named "Jesus" and not having it be about the Christ. So, she offered that if I typed a book like that sh would buy ten copies. THe requirements include making it 152 pages or longer, but I still think it's somewhat possible.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »

I was hoping that I would not see Karin again after last semester.  Unfortunately, I did.

I have no interest in her, yet whenever I would see her, I'd feel like I was hit by a car or something.  I decided that I would stop obsessing with her, if I talked to her.  Because in the past, I have obsessed over people, and lost interest after actually getting to know them.  Either I find people more interesting when they're cardboard cutouts in my mind, or these friend-crushes are just a kind of "thrill of the hunt" sort of thing.

I decided I would "ask her out," by asking her if she'd like to get lunch or coffee or whatever before or after class.  I couldn't find her this morning, but I managed to catch her as she was heading to the bus stop.  I said what I had intended to say, and she said she was very busy with her classes and such -- she needed to get home in a hurry, or something.

But, when I talked to her, I didn't feel like I was going to throw up.  I didn't feel sick when I saw her, like before.  I feel like I am free from all that nonsense, finally -- no longer cursed to feel like someone is pulling out my organs whenever I see her.

I was right.  Just talking to her briefly brought me back to reality, instead of idealizing her like I was before.

I also found out, a while back, that she's actually 31.

For those who don't remember the thread I made a while back, Karin is a girl who was in one of my classes a year ago, who I became sort of obsessed with.  I lost any rational interest in her, yet I had the same feelings for her.

In short, I don't give a sh**t about her anymore.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

Sounds like you have some mild social anxiety, FM.

Also, I miss Joe. Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #355 on: March 20, 2011, 04:47:49 PM »

Two Things:

One
Came back from either Oakland County or Michigan Middle School spelling bee. My 7th grade brother was in it. He got third last year but got out this year on "aschlauss" or something like that.

One funny moment was when a girl who didn't know how a word was pronounced kep asking if she was saying it right and it went on for like three minures. Here's the script from my memory:
Reader: Cordovan.
Girl: Cordoban?
R: Cordovan.
G: Cordoban?
G: Cordovan?
R: Cordoban.
G: Cordovan?
R: Cordoban.
Judgeperson: Girl, please spell the word.

The script goes on, but it's too long...Tongue

Two:

Waterford Our Lady of the Lakes won the Class D Michigan Girls Basketball Championship for the second year in a row! However, the lead girl will be leaving for college next year. Lot of details, but I don't want to put too much on the internet (I probably already have). For you stalkers out there: here. I just hope that these people don't get tracked down or stalked. Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #356 on: March 20, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »

Cordovan is a nice color for shoes.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #357 on: March 20, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »

Well, I saw Karin again a few days ago, and I felt the same way I did before.  I'll just ignore her and hopefully forget about her.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »

I am going to run the friday night crew next friday. The boss tends to leave it to adults but since I am so good I get to be boss for a night and i am only 18. gosh i am so happy!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »

I felt like bumping this old thread to talk about my random job for the past 2 days and next 3 days. I'm working as a security guard (lol) for Canada Day (lol). It's a really ass-boring job where you're paid to basically do nothing. On Tuesday, I almost ripped my brains out because I was assigned to some isolated small passage telling idiots that the "do not enter" sign actually meant "do not enter". But today I got the pretty cool but still boring assignment of "guarding" (lol) some backstage tent for performers and artists on Parliament Hill. So despite being pretty boring, I got to see some no-name random artists and Maria Aragon, the 10-year old girl who sang the Lady Gaga homosexual rights song to our Dear Leader, the Grand Bigot. Maybe tomorrow I'll catch a glimpse of the Dear Leader Grand Bigot, the Dear Leader's Poodle Grand Valium, Baldie Horse-Family Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and his wife.

My most fascinating mission was finding some city employee for some artist who had lost their pass. Fascinating stuff.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2011, 04:58:08 PM by Lief »

Hey, I work as a security guard too! Neat. I have to deal with high school kids (presumably rich high school kids because they're at a summer program here and I'm fairly sure that's how our school makes most of its money) who don't know how to swipe an ID card through a card reader.

IN OTHER SOCIAL NEWS, zoos are the best places to go on dates ever I found out. Unless you're with whatever the animal-version of a misanthrope is.

Also I'm finding motivating myself for studying for the LSAT is much harder than I had hoped, even though it's probably the most important test I'll ever take. Sad
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »

I'm a vegetarian and work in a meat market. "Mmm, that's good irony!"
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #362 on: June 30, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »

IN OTHER SOCIAL NEWS, zoos are the best places to go on dates ever I found out.

Was it the Washington National Zoo?  That places kicks ass (even if it was pouring with rain when we went), and doesn't cost a frickin dime.  God bless the Smithsonian.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #363 on: June 30, 2011, 05:16:21 PM »

My sister was in the same situation too about a year ago. I guess it loses its irony the second time you hear about it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2011, 05:23:08 PM by Lief »

IN OTHER SOCIAL NEWS, zoos are the best places to go on dates ever I found out.

Was it the Washington National Zoo?  That places kicks ass (even if it was pouring with rain when we went), and doesn't cost a frickin dime.  God bless the Smithsonian.

Yeah, it's really terrific. Unfortunately the weather was kind of crappy and we only got there like an hour before closing so a lot of the animals were missing (INCLUDING THE PANDA Angry) but still great. If Congress ever makes any of the Smithsonians charge admission in the name of balancing the budget or whatever I will be very angry.

It's nice too, because in other world capitals, they really gouge tourists for the museums. When I was in Amsterdam, for instance, the Rijksmuseum, which is like their national history museum I guess, cost something insane like 14 euros, and half of it was closed for construction. Meanwhile in DC you can to a number of quality museums for free.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »

Officially lost my job yesterday, thanx Scott Walker.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #366 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »

Officially lost my job yesterday, thanx Scott Walker.

I'm sure Scott would strongly approve of my taxpayer-funded job of "guarding" a bunch of hippie no-name artists.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #367 on: June 30, 2011, 08:11:17 PM »

Hey, I work as a security guard too! Neat. I have to deal with high school kids (presumably rich high school kids because they're at a summer program here and I'm fairly sure that's how our school makes most of its money) who don't know how to swipe an ID card through a card reader.

I'm one of those rich high school kids, although it's at Stanford. This place sucks; I'm bored out of my mind (especially since I didn't get Internet until yesterday), my room is smaller than my mom's walk-in closet, and the people around me seem to care about politics, which I hate. Yesterday I went to the bathroom and found a discussion about the Federal Reserve. Who does that?
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #368 on: June 30, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing worse than drinking on a friday night or whatnot and hearing Barack Obama's name come up. Most of the political science people I hang out with are fairly good at refraining from discussing politics outside the classroom, but once in a blue moon it just has to come out.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #369 on: June 30, 2011, 10:04:21 PM »

I got a 2060 on the SAT.

Is that social enough for you guys or do you need rants against Mormons and marijuana discussion?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »

I felt like bumping this old thread to talk about my random job for the past 2 days and next 3 days. I'm working as a security guard (lol) for Canada Day (lol). It's a really ass-boring job where you're paid to basically do nothing. On Tuesday, I almost ripped my brains out because I was assigned to some isolated small passage telling idiots that the "do not enter" sign actually meant "do not enter". But today I got the pretty cool but still boring assignment of "guarding" (lol) some backstage tent for performers and artists on Parliament Hill. So despite being pretty boring, I got to see some no-name random artists and Maria Aragon, the 10-year old girl who sang the Lady Gaga homosexual rights song to our Dear Leader, the Grand Bigot. Maybe tomorrow I'll catch a glimpse of the Dear Leader Grand Bigot, the Dear Leader's Poodle Grand Valium, Baldie Horse-Family Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and his wife.

My most fascinating mission was finding some city employee for some artist who had lost their pass. Fascinating stuff.

Neat. I did security at the Olympics.

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow, I'm taking the family up to the hill to maybe see if we can catch a glimpse of Will & Kate. Going to be crazy though, I heard they are expecting 300,000 people.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #371 on: June 30, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »

I got a 2060 on the SAT.

Is that social enough for you guys or do you need rants against Mormons and marijuana discussion?

Good for you! Smiley

I leave for Georgia tomorrow, thus, as I do every summer, my avater will change. Though this time it'll be shorter.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: June 30, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »

I applied for a job at Barnes & Noble a few days ago, and I got some new overshirts to wear so that I look less freakish for if I ever manage to get to an interview.  I've been getting up at five in the morning a lot, lately.

I'm learning Icelandic.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #373 on: June 30, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »

HA!  I'm a libertarian working for the govt, top that!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #374 on: July 01, 2011, 07:05:57 AM »

Is 'grand bigot' pronounced in the french way, as I imagine it to be? 'Gron bee-goh' has a nice ring to it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies