Social Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Social Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Author Topic: Social Thread!  (Read 31175 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »

The ultimate cure for attention-whore threads.  What have you been up to, lately?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:08:11 AM »

My phone (alarm) fell off my bed and scared the shit out of me so now I'm awake at this grotesque hour and can't fall back asleep.  My legs are hot so I can't get comfortable.  And I just removed like 8 Trojans from my computer.  Effers came out of nowhere, I didn't even download anything.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 04:38:41 AM »

^ Happens to me all the time, generally when I leave my computer on.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 05:21:35 AM »

Ho Ho Ho!!!!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:23:06 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2010, 05:52:00 AM by Snowguy716 »

http://www.voisse.com/flash/singlevoisseplayer.swf?sessionid=779&voisseid=554c47e1-e256-4af3-9df9-1ae60fc69090&image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Evoisse%2Ecom%2Fimages%2Fvoisseplayer%2Ejpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV_-cJcaNv0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jKskA-VfA&feature=related
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:48:09 AM »

Going to a wedding later. Civil function, small celebration. Oh, and a textbook case of triumph of hope over experience - neither partner is divorced long, and though I only know one ex-spouse by all accounts the other one was even worse.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:03:49 AM »

Woke up at 2:30 in the morning to drive my brother to the airport IN THE MIDDLE OF A F***ING MONSOON WITH ONLY TWO HOURS OF SLEEP.  I might as well have been driving drunk. And now (naturally) I can't get back to sleep.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »

woke up at 8. gonna go to a an orientation. then gonna go out to lunch and hang with friends. then come home. sleep for a while. then wake up pretend that i am listening to my mom talk and listen to music. then go back to bed and do it all over again.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »

I recently started talking to a friend of mine that I haven't talked to since December.  Either she genuinely likes me, or she's just f-cking with me for the lulz.  ^^
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »

Bored, too lazy to write on my blog/write the essay I want to write, nothing interesting on Facebook, triumphalism over IB results has long disappeared as I drift back into boredom. and my friend is in Vermont until Friday.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »

I had three Acting Presidents in row in one day.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »

Woke up at 2:30 in the morning to drive my brother to the airport IN THE MIDDLE OF A F***ING MONSOON WITH ONLY TWO HOURS OF SLEEP.  I might as well have been driving drunk. And now (naturally) I can't get back to sleep.

Silly rabbit, Monsoons are for South Asia!

The problem with Oklahoma... is if it ain't rain on the wind, it's topsoil.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »

Wrong!! There are Monsoons all over the world, including right here in North America (but not in Oklahoma of course). But you probably knew that. Any idea how wet the intermountain west will be this summer?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »

Wrong!! There are Monsoons all over the world, including right here in North America (but not in Oklahoma of course). But you probably knew that. Any idea how wet the intermountain west will be this summer?

North America doesn't have a true monsoon like Africa or Asia.  The definition for a true monsoon is a reversal of the offshore winds to an onshore flow caused by the warmer air over land rising and pulling in moist ocean air in its place.  This causes storms to erupt over large areas during the day and lasts until late Autumn when the landmass cools below the ocean temperature and the sinking cooler air rushes back out over the ocean, preventing storms from developing.

North America doesn't have a full wind reversal like that and the pattern is hardly persistent or dependable.. though the southwest "monsoon" does have characteristics of a real one (the hot air rising and creating a low pressure center called a "Heat low" which draws in marginally moist air from the Pacific and allows scattered thunderstorms to develop).  But unlike the more tropical areas of south Asia, the desert SW is too far north and sees too much variability.  The majority of precipitation in the region comes from winter storms that reach those latitudes that south Asia would never get because it is far south of the mid latitudinal winter storm belt.

But it's really nitpicking.. and your'e right.. Africa and Australia also have true monsoons.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 03:27:08 PM »

But the monsoon isn't just restricted to the desert south west, it also impacts a large portion of the Mexican west coast also, no? Doesn't Acapulco have true monsoon weather? They get almost no rain in May but suddenly get about 10" of rain per month from June-September. And the rest of the year they get almost no rainfall. Pretty typical monsoon weather I would say. The American southwest and the adjoining desert areas of Mexico plays a role similar to that of the Thar desert in India. They are the real "engine" behind the monsoon but those areas themselves don't get much of the rainfall.

But then again, I suppose you are right about the wind changes not being so obvious so it may not be the perfect example of a monsoon.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »

My girlfriend's pregnant.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »

Passed my driver's ed test, so I only have 7 in-car classes and January 1 happening before I can get my license!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »

Congratulations!  That's awesome!  Cheesy
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 05:27:31 PM »

Thanks. It was unexpected, but you know... these things happen. This isn't actually news, since she's 7 months pregnant, but we didn't know until a few months ago (it's complicated).

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »

Passed my driver's ed test, so I only have 7 in-car classes and January 1 happening before I can get my license!

I'm going to take the test to get my learner's permit later this month.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »

Thanks. It was unexpected, but you know... these things happen. This isn't actually news, since she's 7 months pregnant, but we didn't know until a few months ago (it's complicated).

is it gonna be a shot gun wedding?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »

Ironically, this will push wedding plans off to the distant future instead of within 2 years like previously envisioned. Weddings cost money; so do babies.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »

I went over an article to be published, prepared to fight a parking ticket, got a birthday present, updated my publication list, arranged to submit some letters to old friend's papers (she passed away several months ago).

Went to a family reunion and took Sissy, which apparently took the pressure off my relatives that are dating Hispanics.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »

Ironically, this will push wedding plans off to the distant future instead of within 2 years like previously envisioned. Weddings cost money; so do babies.

There's no real reason why you should get married just because of the circumstances.  Unless of course marriage in Canada carries significant economic benefits.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »

I thought you were gay! 

Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies