Pentagon ‘Hunting’ WikiLeaks Founder
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:37:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pentagon ‘Hunting’ WikiLeaks Founder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pentagon ‘Hunting’ WikiLeaks Founder  (Read 2116 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »

But you were posting the article as if you yourself believed the article (and thus also the tile, which is part of the article).  Or are you saying that you're now questioning the validity of the article?

No, I believe the article and the title. Not because the media told me, but because I have weighed the points on both sides and concluded that it is likely the truth.

So if it's truth that you believe, who do you believe used the word "Hunting"?

I don't know, but based on the definition of "hunting", I think it fits what is going on regardless.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 12:19:08 AM »

But you don't know what's going on.  Again, you're stating this like it's a known fact, when so far, we only have ONE person making a claim without any evidence.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 12:24:15 AM »

But you don't know what's going on.  Again, you're stating this like it's a known fact, when so far, we only have ONE person making a claim without any evidence.

Except it's not without evidence. Why do you keep pretending that is the case?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 12:27:49 AM »

Except it's not without evidence. Why do you keep pretending that is the case?

Fine, I'll rephrase it, "without any evidence seen by anyone other than the one person making the claim."  Nobody else has seen the evidence...
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 06:44:03 AM »

This threads reads like two spastics fighting over a bus seat on a class trip to Sea World.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 09:53:31 AM »

Wow inks, I never knew you had such a passion about quotation marks
Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand.
HoffmanJohn
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 09:57:15 AM »

And actually, it doesn't describe what they're doing.  They want to "find" him is all I've seen in the articles; whereas "hunting" implies they want to do him harm after they find him.

It isn't a non-issue, because you're posting it here acting like it's a fact.

"Hunting" has certain implications, since "The Pentagon wants to find WikiLeaks Founder" isn't really an interesting news story.

Uh yeah, the Pentagram wants to "find" him just for fun and once they find him they're just going to let him go...this is what you believe?

I'm sure they want to find him and interrogate and talk to him about what all information he's received - some of which I'm sure is classified.

But you have no more knowledge of what the Pentagon will do than any other normal American, and neither do the people who wrote the articles you've cited.

We know, based on past experience, that government bureaucracies, especially the Pentagram, will do whatever it can to silence and punish whistleblowers who expose its vile deeds.

like what?  maybe the pentagon want to use him to investigate the bad guys and provide intel? or maybe they just have a few simple questions? in the end we won't know what the pentagon wants until they find him. If I was the the founder of wikileaks I would probably be hiding out in several safe houses, and I would have all these plans to avoid detection. Honestly I would love to live the lifestyle of a hacker.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »

Regardless, does anyone really doubt that inconvenient people are occasionally disappeared in the USA?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 09:29:22 PM »

So do you agree that 'hunting' is an acceptable description for what is going on here?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »

So do you agree that 'hunting' is an acceptable description for what is going on here?

Yes, obviously it's figurative, but I've seen reliable reporters use the phrase "manhunt" here...maybe it shouldn't have been in quotes, I see why inks brought it up originally, but not really worth it for three pages
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 09:50:23 PM »

And actually, it doesn't describe what they're doing.  They want to "find" him is all I've seen in the articles; whereas "hunting" implies they want to do him harm after they find him.

It isn't a non-issue, because you're posting it here acting like it's a fact.

"Hunting" has certain implications, since "The Pentagon wants to find WikiLeaks Founder" isn't really an interesting news story.

Usually when I go hunting for deer, I want to "find" one.  If they are making any active search for this man, it could easily be construed as "hunting".  Kind of like you "hunt" for your car keys when you are late for work and they are, of course, in the last place you think to look.

In any case, Wikileaks is a freedom fighter website.. and the military deserves any flack it gets for allowing soldiers to mow down innocents.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »

No innocents were "mowed down" Snow. The guy that leaked this tape should go to jail for life and if it were ever proven he caused the death of American troops he should face the death penalty.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 10:29:59 PM »

No innocents were "mowed down" Snow. The guy that leaked this tape should go to jail for life and if it were ever proven he caused the death of American troops he should face the death penalty.

Yeah, how dare the world find out the truth about the crimes being committed under the U.S. military regime!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 10:32:25 PM »

Yeah, how dare the world find out the truth about the crimes being committed under the U.S. military regime!

Oh, go back to hunting FEMA camps, lol.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »

Go back to laughably calling yourself a "paleo-conservative, Constitutionalist", neocon.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 10:36:25 PM »

Go back to laughably calling yourself a "paleo-conservative, Constitutionalist", neocon.

Dude, get a napkin, you got some Helen Thomas on your face.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »

It's not just about the quotation marks.  It's about the fact that Libertas is passing this story off as known fact when all we have as evidence is the claims of a single man (and the debate over quotation marks was only at the beginning, really).
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »

It's not just about the quotation marks.  It's about the fact that Libertas is passing this story off as known fact when all we have as evidence is the claims of a single man (and the debate over quotation marks was only at the beginning, really).

Do you dispute every single article that gets posted on here like you have this one?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 11:12:33 PM »

Do you dispute every single article that gets posted on here like you have this one?

Articles that include little/no evidence, yes, I do.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 11:34:24 PM »

Then he should be lined up and shot right next to the "soldiers" who aren't fit to serve this country and should instead rot in a jail cell for murder.

Do you always make it a point to take the side of authority? 

I have absolutely no respect for murderers who carry out their sick pleasures in the name of "serving our country".  We need to rid our military of trash like that.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 11:49:49 PM »

I have absolutely no respect for murderers who carry out their sick pleasures in the name of "serving our country".  We need to rid our military of trash like that.

No, but in this case 'authority', you know the one you want the government to have so much more of, is correct. This helicopter incident was not "murder" no matter how you put it.

And yes, we do need to get rid of those in the military who willfully abuse their power. Just that fact remains that it wasn't the case here.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »

No, but in this case 'authority', you know the one you want the government to have so much more of, is correct. This helicopter incident was not "murder" no matter how you put it.

And yes, we do need to get rid of those in the military who willfully abuse their power. Just that fact remains that it wasn't the case here.

When accidents like this happen, the soldiers should still be investigated and removed from active combat... not as a punishment, but to bring a little peace of mind to the people we are fighting to bring democracy and stability to.  I know I'd feel better if I felt like the Americans weren't trying to make excuses in a tragic accident like that and cared enough to remove otherwise good soldiers from the same types of situations.

I think one of the worst problems of a volunteer military is that we have to become lax in our standards because we need the bodies to fight.  I have several friends in the military and they have all served the U.S. well.  But they could rattle off name after name of soldiers they don't trust, who they think have large enough mental issues that putting them into combat situations is a danger to the other soldiers and the civilians around, and some of whom should even be dishonorably discharged for activities that are overlooked in order to keep numbers up.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »

How is killing civilians and Reuters employees not murder?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies