Cheese
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:43:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Cheese
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Do you like it?  What's your favorite kind?
Yes, I like it, and I'd happily specify my favorite kind

No, I don't like it, cuz I hate America and puppies and babies.

I'm lactose intolerant because I am cursed and suck at life in general

I have an infection that smells like cheese.  Does that count?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Cheese  (Read 7834 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2010, 04:22:30 AM »

ok, maybe cheese snobs are worse than beer snobs.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »

I really don't like the taste of the mould on brie.  It has a terrible texture and it tastes like musty drywall.  I think it's an abomination not to eat it just because if it didn't have some strong social faux pas connected to not eating it, nobody actually would eat it.  Unless you like musty flavored drywall.  

lol, if you think it's something social you don't get it. Lots of people enjoy Camembert and Brie here and they don't care about social behaviors about it I guess, nah, it's all your palate to educate. And personally when I eat some alone at home if I keep it that's not by paranoia of people watching me. And the one of Camembert is still more tasty than the one of Brie, and Camembert is more popular.

Tongue.

Of the few European cheeses I've tried, I like (...) Brie. Although the last one is good you can't eat parts of it and its expensive, so I don't like buying it just to throw some out.
Wtf?

Yes, I know, it's shocking.

I've only had it on a few occasions, so don't get too upset Wink    The top and bottom layers seemed inedible at first. I'll know better next time.

Glad to see some people try to open the mind of their palate. Smiley

Though, well, while a child I was kinda the same, I would have cut the stuff of Camembert and Brie, but now, come on, we're not child anymore. Tongue. Though, ok, youngs (say people till around 30 bear that stuffs less and less, too subtle for them Tongue).

Big bad fab made a not so bad list, in which one of my favorite pick would be Rocamadour and Cabécou (which I think is the real name of Chabichou, the former certainly being the one of the northern 'Oil language' - Oil here being the term that refers to the former northern language of France), I lived close of the place during a while, and my parents managed a restaurant (in south Corrèze, it was the club house of the most 'hype' golf of Corrèze, with all the small barons/wealthy people of the corner, but golfers when they went there enjoyed a kind of good old traditional brasserie meals), and well one of the big stuffs they served was salads with Cabécou toasts, I don't remind exactly but I think Cabécou/Rocamadour would be quite close. I lived close of Saint-Nectaire too, not bad.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »

I have a little bit of a cheese allergy but I still probably eat it as much as anyone here.  My favorites are Goat, Feta, Mozzarella, and Ricotta.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2010, 05:12:33 PM by big bad fab - Viva Mexico ! »

En fait, Benoît, le Cabécou, c'est le petit fromage de chèvre rond mais plat. Le cabécou de Rocamadour est le meilleur, mais il en existe un dit "cabécou du Périgord" qui n'est pas mauvais quand il est au lait cru, bien entendu.
Il y a des cabécous "tout courts", industriels et... bref...

Le Chabichou est rond mais plus "haut" et vient de la grande région "royaliste" Wink
Il est aussi très bon, mais il est de plus en plus difficile d'en trouver au lait cru.

En général, c'est plutôt le crottin que l'on fait chauffer, voire griller, pour accompagner la salade.

Sorry guys for these little discussion in French, but the matter is so important, I must be sure Bunoah understands me very precisely Wink

And yes, Bunoah is right, it's not a "social" question or a question of snobism... Just the taste, believe us !! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2010, 05:39:27 PM »

En fait, Benoît, le Cabécou, c'est le petit fromage de chèvre rond mais plat. Le cabécou de Rocamadour est le meilleur, mais il en existe un dit "cabécou du Périgord" qui n'est pas mauvais quand il est au lait cru, bien entendu.
Il y a des cabécous "tout courts", industriels et... bref...

Le Chabichou est rond mais plus "haut" et vient de la grande région "royaliste" Wink
Il est aussi très bon, mais il est de plus en plus difficile d'en trouver au lait cru.

En général, c'est plutôt le crottin que l'on fait chauffer, voire griller, pour accompagner la salade.

Eh thanks for the precisions. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies