Bring Me Up to Speed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:22:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bring Me Up to Speed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bring Me Up to Speed  (Read 8769 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:02:35 AM »

Well, I'm riding once more again into the pleasant abyss of Atlasia and the forum in general. Can somebody tell me once been going on recently around here? I see that Jesus was President for a while and the JCP was dominant, I see that afleitch is finally President, good for him, it was about time, I see that we have an influx of Ron Paulites and Libertarians who have named themselves after the followers of Julius Caesar, Mark Anthony and Octavian, and that I still recognize some names.

For those of you who don't know me, I used to be a rather big name, played around in the Senate for a while, did a stint as President, Judge, cabinet member, and 5 years ago I helped write the Second Constitution, which, from what I can gather, is still in place. So I hope to get back into the swing of things and enjoy my time back on the forum.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:10:51 AM »

The JCP's grip over the Pacific has grown much stronger than it was in the past. Likewise, the Populares are very powerful in the Northeast. The DA has been growing in power in the Mideast, though they split power in the region with the RPP for a long time. The Southeast had an RPP monopoly that stood for over a year, but that has broken down now. The Midwest is a pretty left-leaning region, though it has had a moderate libertarian Governor for a while now.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 01:11:47 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2010, 01:14:25 AM by Хahar »

Atlasia went through an activity boom in your absence, but things have receded again to the way they were in 2008. There's only two parties with actual organization; one is the JCP and the other is the Romans. The DA, although it holds the Presidency, is highly disorganized. It reminds me of the NLC. The RPP was a major force in the game for over a year and renamed itself the Progressive Conservative Party and then went supernova and is now the AFL-CIO or something and is a nonfactor. afleitch is President (he beat Bacon King), but the JCP dominates the Senate still, and could probably beat any candidate except afleitch. Three regions have elective legislatures (the Northeast's is ridiculously large). The JCP owns the Pacific, the Romans the Northeast, the DA the Mideast, and the Midwest is the Midwest. Amusingly, the Southeast may be the most interesting region of them all. Anti-regionalism is a dead letter; the forces of chaos have won. We have an active GM now.

Also, I was banned for five months and now everyone likes me. I was even Governor of the Southeast for a while.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:16:06 AM »

Atlasia went through an activity boom in your absence, but things have receded again to the way they were in 2008. There's only two parties with actual organization; one is the JCP and the other is the Romans. The DA, although it holds the Presidency, is highly disorganized. It reminds me of the NLC. The RPP was a major force in the game for over a year and renamed itself the Progressive Conservative Party and then went supernova and is now the AFL-CIO or something and is a nonfactor. afleitch is President (he beat Bacon King), but the JCP dominates the Senate still, and could probably beat any candidate except afleitch. Three regions have elective legislatures (the Northeast's is ridiculously large). The JCP owns the Pacific, the Romans the Northeast, the DA the Mideast, and the Midwest is the Midwest. Amusingly, the Southeast may be the most interesting region of them all. Anti-regionalism is a dead letter; the forces of chaos have won.

Also, I was banned for five months and now everyone likes me. I was even Governor of the Southeast for a while.

Definitely seems chaotic, though, to be honest, I pretty much knew when I left that the JCP would become the dominant force for a while. Too bad to see centralism has become dead letter. Thanks for the update though.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 01:24:45 AM »

Welcome back, Colin! I always hoped you would come back. Smiley

Though centrist-domination was kind of boring, IMO... Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 01:28:13 AM »

Feh, centrism.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 01:33:20 AM »

And by the way, I've heard legends of your past involvement, Colin. I look forward to seeing you here with my own eyes. Wink
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 01:34:10 AM »

Great to see you back!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 01:39:10 AM »

Atlasia went through an activity boom in your absence, but things have receded again to the way they were in 2008. There's only two parties with actual organization; one is the JCP and the other is the Romans. The DA, although it holds the Presidency, is highly disorganized. It reminds me of the NLC. The RPP was a major force in the game for over a year and renamed itself the Progressive Conservative Party and then went supernova and is now the AFL-CIO or something and is a nonfactor. afleitch is President (he beat Bacon King), but the JCP dominates the Senate still, and could probably beat any candidate except afleitch. Three regions have elective legislatures (the Northeast's is ridiculously large). The JCP owns the Pacific, the Romans the Northeast, the DA the Mideast, and the Midwest is the Midwest. Amusingly, the Southeast may be the most interesting region of them all. Anti-regionalism is a dead letter; the forces of chaos have won.

Definitely seems chaotic, though, to be honest, I pretty much knew when I left that the JCP would become the dominant force for a while. Too bad to see centralism has become dead letter. Thanks for the update though.

Out of the people who joined since your departure, pretty much all have declared themselves to be for "regional rights". We centralists haven't made our case very well, I think.

Other stuff has happened also, but this is all that I could think of right away. It shouldn't take too long to get re-acclimated.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 01:40:03 AM »

Out of the people who joined since your departure, pretty much all have declared themselves to be for "regional rights".

Hey! *angryface*
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »

Welcome back, Colin! I always hoped you would come back. Smiley

Thanks Jesus.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It normally is, that's why it doesn't last long. In the realm of internet nations "may you live in interesting times" isn't a curse.

And by the way, I've heard legends of your past involvement, Colin. I look forward to seeing you here with my own eyes. Wink

Wow, I'm a legendary figure now. Makes me think I'm like an Atlasian Beowulf or Ajax. Thanks for the support though. I'll try to get back into the swing of things.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 01:43:35 AM »

Out of the people who joined since your departure, pretty much all have declared themselves to be for "regional rights". We centralists haven't made our case very well, I think.

Other stuff has happened also, but this is all that I could think of right away. It shouldn't take too long to get re-acclimated.

Hey, I'm a centralist, too. But I'm not sure if joined I joined before or after Colin departure.

A thing, partisanship is much more intense than in your times, when parties were very weak. That was even worse in the end of 2009, when voters voting against their party were very rare.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 01:45:09 AM »

Out of the people who joined since your departure, pretty much all have declared themselves to be for "regional rights".

Hey! *angryface*

Well, you were at one point yourself. Remember? Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »

Hey! *angryface*

Well, you were at one point yourself. Remember? Tongue

I was young. Tongue I've since denounced my old regionalist self.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 01:46:16 AM »

Interestingly, the JCP has become something of a focal point for centralist sentiment. Rather funny given the JCP's early pro-regionalist stance.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 01:47:15 AM »

We're pretty split on it, I think. The old-JCP win still mostly regionalist, the new-JCP wing more tilted towards centralist sentiments.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 01:54:42 AM »

We're pretty split on it, I think. The old-JCP win still mostly regionalist, the new-JCP wing more tilted towards centralist sentiments.

As it happens, the centralists have lately consisted mostly of loonies & new-JCPers. The most prominent DAers are largely of the regionalist persuasion, the RPP requires no explanation, & I think the Populares are regionalists to a man. I definitely cannot recall having heard any of them espouse centralism.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 02:00:14 AM »

As it happens, the centralists have lately consisted mostly of loonies & new-JCPers. The most prominent DAers are largely of the regionalist persuasion, the RPP requires no explanation, & I think the Populares are regionalists to a man. I definitely cannot recall having heard any of them espouse centralism.

Populares were paws of the biggest terrorist of Atlasia when I was Senator. Is that true anymore?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 02:04:47 AM »

Populares were paws of the biggest terrorist of Atlasia when I was Senator. Is that true anymore?

I can't profess to be an expert on their workings, though I distinctly remember that they changed their name to Populares in an effort to distance themselves from Hamilton. I also remember Hamilton being quite furious with Libertas over it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 02:08:53 AM »

Regionalism isn't really a big deal anymore.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 02:19:10 AM »

I know than this is not my thread, but does the HAEV still exist?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 02:21:04 AM »

I know than this is not my thread, but does the HAEV still exist?

As I understand it, President afleitch just signed the bill abolishing it (& instituting a number of other changes as well).
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 02:30:44 AM »

Okay what's HAEV and who is this Hamilton guy? I think I read that HAEV was some sort of investigation/anti-fraud task force but I'm not sure.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 02:39:03 AM »

Okay what's HAEV and who is this Hamilton guy? I think I read that HAEV was some sort of investigation/anti-fraud task force but I'm not sure.

HAEV was a panel that decided whether citizens should be removed from the voting rolls or not, enacted to help deal with zombie voters. It was hobbled by opposition from the start, but it would end up being neutered by the Supreme Court, which led to its elimination.

Hamilton...you probably won't be able to find someone who can relate a largely unbiased account of his actions to you. Essentially he started with the RPP, helped recruit a huge number of new members, & then undertook a deeply controversial plan, the exposure of which led to his expulsion from the party. He then founded the ARC, which later became the Populares.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:53 AM »

Also looks like the Southeast and Northeast almost started a war against the Pacific about a month ago and regions are using their militias like personal armies. Hell, Atlasia's turned into the US under the Articles of Confederation, I kinda had an inkling that would happen, well either that or the President would get wise to the fact that he basically has unlimited power under the Second Constitution.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies