Bring Me Up to Speed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bring Me Up to Speed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bring Me Up to Speed  (Read 8774 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 03:07:54 AM »

Also looks like the Southeast and Northeast almost started a war against the Pacific about a month ago and regions are using their militias like personal armies. Hell, Atlasia's turned into the US under the Articles of Confederation, I kinda had an inkling that would happen, well either that or the President would get wise to the fact that he basically has unlimited power under the Second Constitution.

Uh, the Northeast never "almost started a war against the Pacific". Where are you getting that information?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 03:14:46 AM »

Also looks like the Southeast and Northeast almost started a war against the Pacific about a month ago and regions are using their militias like personal armies. Hell, Atlasia's turned into the US under the Articles of Confederation, I kinda had an inkling that would happen, well either that or the President would get wise to the fact that he basically has unlimited power under the Second Constitution.

Uh, the Northeast never "almost started a war against the Pacific". Where are you getting that information?

Maybe not the Northeast but I did read, from just a quick perusal of the last few months, that the Southeast signed a law stating that they wanted to deport violent criminals to the Pacific, the Pacific closed their borders, militias were called out, the Northeast might have gotten involved, I'm not really sure. If I have the events wrong, please tell me, I'm just trying to get a jist of whats been going on around here.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 03:58:11 AM »

Maybe not the Northeast but I did read, from just a quick perusal of the last few months, that the Southeast signed a law stating that they wanted to deport violent criminals to the Pacific, the Pacific closed their borders, militias were called out, the Northeast might have gotten involved, I'm not really sure. If I have the events wrong, please tell me, I'm just trying to get a jist of whats been going on around here.

As someone who managed to call national attention to the issue after days of complacency, I can say the Northeast was a hop, skip, and a jump away from siding with the Southeast. They weren't outright marshaling forces, but they were about to pass what amounted to a economic war with us by banning everything from the Pacific from being sold in the Northeast. It was basically support for the Southeast in their efforts to harm us.

Just an fyi, Colin. The Populares are largely a group of ill-repute, even among non-Populares right wingers. There's a long, long history behind it, but just tread carefully when dealing with them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 04:23:53 AM »

Well, welcome back. I've never met you, but each times I heard about you, it was a praise for the great job you have done as President. So, I'm hoping that your return will bring a positive influence to the game (which really needs it now). Smiley
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 04:33:07 AM »

As someone who managed to call national attention to the issue after days of complacency, I can say the Northeast was a hop, skip, and a jump away from siding with the Southeast. They weren't outright marshaling forces, but they were about to pass what amounted to a economic war with us by banning everything from the Pacific from being sold in the Northeast. It was basically support for the Southeast in their efforts to harm us.

Just an fyi, Colin. The Populares are largely a group of ill-repute, even among non-Populares right wingers. There's a long, long history behind it, but just tread carefully when dealing with them.

Stop spreading slander, Marokai.

Our party is respected across the political spectrum. We certainly have no problems with "non-Populares right-wingers". Give it up.

And the Northeast never came close to getting involved in the conflict between the Southeast and Pacific. No bill would have ever passed allowing such an action to occur.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 08:24:21 AM »

A non-factor? Lol. The AFL-CIO has probably more influence then them all, but Xahar will never know why. A non-factor? That is so funny.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 08:25:47 AM »

Regionalism isn't really a big deal anymore.

lol
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 08:56:04 AM »

I think his statement was more along the lines of "it is now a dead issue", because, well, it pretty much is, as everyone simultaneously decided to default to the status quo.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »

Holy crap its Colin! Great to see you around again! I'll bring you up to speed on me. After we both lost re-election, I was elected Northeast Senator, ran for President, lost to Jesus, was wrote in to the Governorship again, was there for a year, than got pwnt for re-election.

Doesnt matter, happy to see you around again!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:25 AM »

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »

Also, Grin Cheesy Grin *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin Colin!  The Midwest is the same as usual.  I am no longer Governor-for-Life-equivalent, but all those who move into the Midwest are still assimilated to our way of life, and so Vepres, who once looked upon our strange titles with confusion, is now a leading proponent of them.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »

Basically things have been as crazy as normal. The fall of DWDL was hilarious and it's a shame you missed that. Hamilton is a deranged teenager from Bakersfield who was eventually banned but has since surfaced in an absurd amount of sock accounts.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 11:25:19 AM »

Welcome back Colin.  I don't know it you remember me at all but I made my start when you were President here.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2010, 01:33:35 PM by cinyc »

If by "hop, skip and jump" you mean one Northeast Assemblyman proposed a bill supporting the Southeast that 1) never went to a vote and 2) would have gone down in flames if the Northeast Assembly ever voted on it, you'd be correct.  The Northeast wasn't going to support the Southeast's illegal prisoner dump.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 02:04:32 PM »

I think his statement was more along the lines of "it is now a dead issue", because, well, it pretty much is, as everyone simultaneously decided to default to the status quo.

Which is in and of itself a success though not what I preffered or wanted. I think we could see some movement in the future though.

The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »

1. The Populares are not a group of crazies, we have many moderates.

2. The Northeast does not support the fascist actions of the Southeast.

3. Welcome back, Colin, of course.

4. PiT: I believe you were the one who tried to carry out that plan you mentioned and not Hamilton. That is really an intriguing detail that you shamefully left out. Let us not forget that twas you who did all of the talking.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 02:55:13 PM »

Disclaimer for Colin: Silent spade is a proxy user, last I was informed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 02:56:19 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2010, 03:07:21 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee (AFL-CIO-NC) »

Okay what's HAEV and who is this Hamilton guy? I think I read that HAEV was some sort of investigation/anti-fraud task force but I'm not sure.

Indeed, Hamilton is very Controversial and as PiT said and unbiased account is difficult. I recruited him last July as an inactive poster with only 15 posts or so. Within four months he was posting 250 a day, had gotten the on bad terms with the mods (being on Mod Review six times between July and January). At first I thought he would be a good ally to help make the party more balanced but his attempt to win election in Pacific only damaged the reputation of the party and garned enemies of the entire JCP against him. I also thought he was a strong bullwork against DWTL and his craziness. However DWTL was just incompetent and not very bright, Hamilton on the other hand was self-absorbed and manipulative.

He was very efficient at recruiting people and making them think the world of him. He had now boundaries, and used very unethical tactics, as well as saying one think then doing the other. We had choosen a certain name to be the replacement for the name RPP and he instead managed to get everyone to vote for something else (Progressive Conservative) using underhanded tactics. This angered me and then his attempt to make a very bad deal with some members of the DA was the straw that broke the camels back for me, then a secret deal with the LNF to get PiT elected President and its revelation is what finally got him out of the party (He left for the LNF before we could kick him out). He then joined the LNF for a while before starting a new party, with Mint and Einzige (now also banned), The ARC,  now called the Populares. He recruited many of our less active members and many new libertarian and moderate GOP posters.

To make a long story short within for five months Hamilton went from inactive nobody to a manipulative con man at war with the JCP, RPP and the Moderators and within six months of joining Atlasia he got banned. His number one skill was making enemies and forming counterproductive plans. One think is sure, the history of Atlasia from August 2009- January 2010 was defined by him and his actions.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 02:59:49 PM »

4. PiT: I believe you were the one who tried to carry out that plan you mentioned and not Hamilton. That is really an intriguing detail that you shamefully left out. Let us not forget that twas you who did all of the talking.

Fixed for accuracy Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »

Welcome back Colin.  I don't know it you remember me at all but I made my start when you were President here.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »

A non-factor? Lol. The AFL-CIO has probably more influence then them all, but Xahar will never know why. A non-factor? That is so funny.

Your Sam Spade act isn't very good.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »

And of course Happy is still a Warrior, which is good to see. Smiley

Frankly the whole, SE thing was overblown. And to think the AFL-CIO didn't even begin it, it was JBrase (Pop-TX) and I think he even asked my opinion of it and I think I said he should either reconsider, or think about it more. Yet we are getting hammered now because Duke and I voted the way we felt about it (The I don't give a damn category). I feel entrapped. Sad

Between you and me, Happy, we are going to get Libertas and Marokai on the war path in this thread . Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »

Your Sam Spade act isn't very good.

That was a Sam Spade act, never would have guessed. I was aiming to act like you. Tongue Well I will have to settle for a poor man's Sam Spade.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2010, 03:50:36 PM by NiK »

Pleasant to meet you, Colin. I've heard much about you.

If you have any questions regarding the figure of Alexander Hamilton, I can provide, although Yankee pretty much summed up what happened.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »

Hey now! Dont be lumping me in with what some others might be doing!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies