The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:01:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297049 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 05, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »

I officially call this first meeting of the House to Order.

Cheesy

Representative democracy is on the march!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »

Can we start introducing legislation now, or do we have to wait until all of our members are sworn in?

It would be recommended you form some sort of Standing Rules for the body so that the sequence of things is orderly.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »

You don't need any rules. The Mideast does fine without them. The Northeast has rules, and they have plenty of issues. We don't want to be like the Northeast.

Rules for the election of a Speaker is all that is really needed. The Mideast does have that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:13:29 AM »

It must be signed by the governor because your regional constitution doesn't provide for the Legislature's ability to make its own rules, as does the federal constitution. So this must be legislation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:56:36 PM »

Did we ever do anything about that prison problem the GM wrote about?

That's the first i've heard of it.

Same here. I guess that means we didn't do anything about it, then. Tongue

And to think I was just about to re-post it in my regional update. Well, I'll keep it there just so it stays on your minds. Wink

I'll add another thing for you to address after this one, just to keep ya'll busy.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »

Friendly reminder to keep your Wiki updated with all laws passed. Thanks!

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Southeast_Law
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 01:10:01 AM »

Thanks. One note: If you could include either the full text of the laws or links to the final version, that would be useful as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 12:24:19 AM »

I hope the Southeast Legislature will consider taking up the ConCon resolution that my administration-in-waiting has proposed.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »

I hope the Southeast Legislature will consider taking up the ConCon resolution that my administration-in-waiting has proposed.

I figure it would be a good idea to try it again, especially with the huge number of amendments added on to the Constitution in what seems like a rather ad hoc fashion. Not to mention that third time's the charm, eh? Wink

I hope this will be a much more limited convention specifically for the purposes laid out in the campaign. This will not be a convention to reinvent the game, but rather, I hope it will give us a chance to quickly and efficiently clean up the game.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 01:37:37 AM »

The petition for ConCon and reboot

X JBrase

Thank you Governor and thanks to this Legislature for your speedy approval.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 02:02:15 AM »

As the proposed new Constitution must be ratified by the regions, I am posting this public service announcement in the threads of the regional legislatures:

Very Important Announcement

The Constitutional Convention is reaching its end, with the final two documents being voted on as we speak.

At this time, delegates and all Atlasians are welcome to offer their thoughts on an amendment to ANY part of the new Constitution, which will be considered all at once in one final amendment vote coming up in the next 48-72 hours. This means that any changes you would like to see to the current document should be offered right now.

Here is the relevant announcement in the Convention thread:

During the next 48 hours, please offer any amendments, as well as debate, that you would like to see considered for any part of the document. This is your last chance to make finishing touches to any of the more controversial changes, including dual-office holding, regional legislatures, the legislative restart, etc.

Feel free to offer opposing variations to amendments as well, which will then be brought up as a package vote.

Here is the relevant links to help you out:

Constitutional Convention thread

Constitutional Convention completed documents page

Please review the completed documents and post here or in the Convention thread with your comments, ideas or amendments. I would be happy to offer well thought out amendments on behalf of non-delegates.

This is a crucial moment in this process, as the next step is a final vote and then presentation to the regions for approval.

Thanks,
~President Purple State

Articles VII and VIII have been passed and the entire proposed Third Constitution is now nearly set. There is now just under 24 hours remaining for the proposal of amendments to any part of this document, before a final vote and presentation to the regions for the ratification process.

Please, I implore all the citizens of Atlasia, read through the completed documents page (linked in the quoted announcement above) and propose any amendments in this thread or in the Constitutional Convention thread (also linked above). Even if you don't know how to word the amendment properly, provide your thoughts and I will help you out.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »

Something that occurred to me is that this convention is only meant to be a consolidation of the current Constitution. If we push for some actual substantive change here, it opens up a can of worms that we ought not open.

This is exactly correct. I do think it worthwhile to offer an amendment, if this new Constitution is ratified, to change that piece. And hopefully future amendments will simply be edited in directly, rather than placed in a footnote as the current Constitution is formatted.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »

Ok.  I will vote to ratify it.  Any grievances with it can be taken up at a later date.

I appreciate it. My goal was to avoid rocking the boat with this document, but far be it from me to stop you making a fuss afterwards. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 09:45:30 PM »

I will also vote to ratify it, though I find it slightly odd that the wording of several previously clear clauses was modernized.

You are probably referring to those clauses that were originally copy/pasted from the Bill of Rights? The delegates felt it just made it easier for the modern person to read.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 10:26:50 PM »

I will also vote to ratify it, though I find it slightly odd that the wording of several previously clear clauses was modernized.

You are probably referring to those clauses that were originally copy/pasted from the Bill of Rights? The delegates felt it just made it easier for the modern person to read.

I thought they were quite clear to begin with. It seems sort of patronizing to me to assume that people in Atlasia are not familiar with American Constitutional interpretation, though it doesn't really bother me either way.

Well you have to consider the non-Americans in the game. Plus, ILV is a pretty patronizing poster. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies