Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:08:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373593 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: March 27, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »

Christmas -> Thanksgiving -> October -> September/August -> July 4th -> May/June -> Mid May -> April 3rd.

σ_σ
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #351 on: March 27, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »

Christmas -> Thanksgiving -> October -> September/August -> July 4th -> May/June -> Mid May -> April 3rd.

σ_σ

It's only a matter of time before he reveals they eloped and have actually already been married for three days.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #352 on: March 27, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »

I guess Momma was right, there is a cover for ever pot. Best of luck.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #353 on: March 27, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »

A few weeks ago I thought about posting that they'd be engaged before mid-April. Pity I didn't act on it.

The wedding will either be called of or will have occurred by the end of the summer. The only thing delaying this is that a wedding actually requires planning as opposed to an engagement which, as we have seen, can happen on a whim.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #354 on: March 27, 2010, 11:41:28 PM »

σ_σ

Actually, it's slightly more complicated than that, as he moved it up to "May or June", and then moved it back to October before moving it earlier again.

My favorite was when he said on March 1st that he would propose in October, and conceded "if I did propose to her in May as was my plan, than yeah that would be rushing it a little", and then 13 days later said that he was leaning towards a proposal in mid to late May.

I also liked it when he said on Feb. 14th "I respect her too much, though, to propose to her any earlier than August or September", and then, 11 days later, started talking about proposing in May or June.  OK, so much for "respecting her too much".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #355 on: March 27, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »

Now, before you bash me over the head again yelling "too soon", hold your fire and be respectful in your remarks, please.

I am not going to bash you for moving too fast.  But surely you can understand why so many of us are laughing at some of your commentary, given how you keep giving us updates on your engagement timeline that shift every week, where at each point you say something like "Oh yeah, I'm waiting until September, to go earlier than that would be rushing it", then a week later you're saying something like "Oh yeah, I'm waiting until July, to go earlier than that would be rushing it".

I mean, for goodness sake, you yourself said that you "respect her too much" to propose earlier than August.  Then, 11 days later, you're talking about proposing in May or June.  And you keep making statements like that, and then backing out of them.  Given that, should it really be any surprise that so many people are making jokes about your marriage timeline in this thread?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2010, 12:10:06 AM »

Not to mention, he keeps getting into relationship trouble because he goes to fast.  

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #357 on: March 28, 2010, 12:59:47 AM »

So the wedding date is next April?  lol

Like I said, Toyota approves.

Yes, we are looking at probably Saturday, April 2, 2011 so it can still be in the Easter season which is 3 weeks later, without intruding too much on Easter.

Not even waiting until late April?  Damn son. 

We would, but April 24 is Easter Sunday AND my Grandmother's 85th Birthday and April 29 is my 29th Birthday.  So, to keep an Easter ceremony it will either be April 2 or April 9.  April 16 would be too late to get back into town after the honeymoon before Easter and my Grandma's 85th birthday celebration.  Now, we will not do a March wedding because it wouldn't seem like Easter as April would.

Why not take a day off work and make it April 1st?

I don't want to take any chance of "I do.....April Fools!!"  I will take March 31 and April 1 off anyway to prepare for the Saturday ceremony and then take off the first half of April for the honeymoon.

But you love holidays...

You should make the entire ceremony a series of pranks and post it on YouTube.  It would be even bigger than the first couple that did Thriller as their first dance.

Right, so why not create another holiday that's unique to us?

Don't be silly; only Hallmark gets to create holidays.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #358 on: March 30, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »

So the wedding date is next April?  lol

Like I said, Toyota approves.

Yes, we are looking at probably Saturday, April 2, 2011 so it can still be in the Easter season which is 3 weeks later, without intruding too much on Easter.

Not even waiting until late April?  Damn son. 

We would, but April 24 is Easter Sunday AND my Grandmother's 85th Birthday and April 29 is my 29th Birthday.  So, to keep an Easter ceremony it will either be April 2 or April 9.  April 16 would be too late to get back into town after the honeymoon before Easter and my Grandma's 85th birthday celebration.  Now, we will not do a March wedding because it wouldn't seem like Easter as April would.

Why not take a day off work and make it April 1st?

I don't want to take any chance of "I do.....April Fools!!"  I will take March 31 and April 1 off anyway to prepare for the Saturday ceremony and then take off the first half of April for the honeymoon.

But you love holidays...

You should make the entire ceremony a series of pranks and post it on YouTube.  It would be even bigger than the first couple that did Thriller as their first dance.

Right, so why not create another holiday that's unique to us?

Don't be silly; only Hallmark gets to create holidays.

They create holidays for an entire group of people.  We can create our own specific special day.  It won't be a national holiday, but it will be a holiday for two people.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: March 30, 2010, 07:14:19 PM »

Now, before you bash me over the head again yelling "too soon", hold your fire and be respectful in your remarks, please.

I am not going to bash you for moving too fast.  But surely you can understand why so many of us are laughing at some of your commentary, given how you keep giving us updates on your engagement timeline that shift every week, where at each point you say something like "Oh yeah, I'm waiting until September, to go earlier than that would be rushing it", then a week later you're saying something like "Oh yeah, I'm waiting until July, to go earlier than that would be rushing it".

I mean, for goodness sake, you yourself said that you "respect her too much" to propose earlier than August.  Then, 11 days later, you're talking about proposing in May or June.  And you keep making statements like that, and then backing out of them.  Given that, should it really be any surprise that so many people are making jokes about your marriage timeline in this thread?

I know, there's a bit of hypocrisy in there, unintentional.  Each of the timeline advancements were a result of getting deeper and farther along into this relationship.  She and I both feel real comfortable each other and both feel that this is the right time.  It won't be a complete suprise to her since she really was the one who asked me to propose to her when the ring comes in, but the thing she doesn't know is the "how".  We have both agreed that the wedding will be at least a year away.  Famous last words, but as of now, we don't see a 2010 wedding.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »

Apologies in advance, but I couldn't resist:

Desire to Ejaculate Motivates Local Christian to Wed
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2010, 09:09:45 PM »

"I spoke with her and we decided our relationship will be based on love, not ejaculations and this time it will work out".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »

She just called about 40 minutes ago and she is super excited about Saturday!!  Again, she knows what's going to happen, she just doesn't know how it's going to happen.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »

Good luck!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »

Thanks!!
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »

She just called about 40 minutes ago and she is super excited about Saturday!!  Again, she knows what's going to happen, she just doesn't know how it's going to happen.
awwww Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: April 01, 2010, 12:01:30 AM »

She just called about 40 minutes ago and she is super excited about Saturday!!  Again, she knows what's going to happen, she just doesn't know how it's going to happen.
awwww Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanks, Annie!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #367 on: April 01, 2010, 03:34:05 AM »

We couldn't be happier for you Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #368 on: April 01, 2010, 07:55:40 AM »

God I hope she says, yes.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #369 on: April 01, 2010, 08:17:04 AM »

This has the potential to be the best build up to an April Fools Day thread...EVER!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #370 on: April 01, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »

This has the potential to be the best build up to an April Fools Day thread...EVER!

I was thinking the same thing, but the rational side of me says this is all true.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #371 on: April 01, 2010, 02:47:51 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, but the rational side of me says this is all true.

Truth is usually worst.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #372 on: April 01, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »

Co-planning your boyfriend's proposal plan so you can say no would an amazingly evil way to break up with somebody.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:05 PM »

Co-planning your boyfriend's proposal plan so you can say no would an amazingly evil way to break up with somebody.

LOL!!  And, as it stands right now, we are 1 year 90 minutes from our wedding day, which is Saturday, April 2, 2011!!  That could change, but that's where it is right now.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #374 on: April 01, 2010, 10:35:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies