Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:10:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373594 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 20, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »

How soon after that can we except divorce installment?

If I have anything to say about it?  NEVER
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #326 on: March 20, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »

So the wedding date is next April?  lol

Like I said, Toyota approves.

Yes, we are looking at probably Saturday, April 2, 2011 so it can still be in the Easter season which is 3 weeks later, without intruding too much on Easter.

Not even waiting until late April?  Damn son. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #327 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:01 PM »

Yes, we are looking at probably Saturday, April 2, 2011 so it can still be in the Easter season which is 3 weeks later, without intruding too much on Easter.

We would, but April 24 is Easter Sunday AND my Grandmother's 85th Birthday and April 29 is my 29th Birthday.  So, to keep an Easter ceremony it will either be April 2 or April 9.  April 16 would be too late to get back into town after the honeymoon before Easter and my Grandma's 85th birthday celebration.  Now, we will not do a March wedding because it wouldn't seem like Easter as April would.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #328 on: March 20, 2010, 09:10:16 PM »

We would, but April 24 is Easter Sunday AND my Grandmother's 85th Birthday and April 29 is my 29th Birthday.  So, to keep an Easter ceremony it will either be April 2 or April 9.  April 16 would be too late to get back into town after the honeymoon before Easter and my Grandma's 85th birthday celebration.  Now, we will not do a March wedding because it wouldn't seem like Easter as April would.

Why not take a day off work and make it April 1st?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2010, 09:12:54 PM »

I don't want to take any chance of "I do.....April Fools!!"  I will take March 31 and April 1 off anyway to prepare for the Saturday ceremony and then take off the first half of April for the honeymoon.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2010, 09:13:57 PM »

Well, I wish you an early happy negative first anniversary.

Also, are you going to plan the timing of your children this way too?  "Sorry, but you can't have the baby on Thursday, because of my second cousin's 23rd birthday.  You're going to have to hold it in."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2010, 09:20:12 PM »

Well, I wish you an early happy negative first anniversary.

Also, are you going to plan the timing of your children this way too?  "Sorry, but you can't have the baby on Thursday, because of my second cousin's 23rd birthday.  You're going to have to hold it in."

No, of course not, we're going to let the baby (or babies) come when they want to.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »

I don't want to take any chance of "I do.....April Fools!!"  I will take March 31 and April 1 off anyway to prepare for the Saturday ceremony and then take off the first half of April for the honeymoon.

But you love holidays...

You should make the entire ceremony a series of pranks and post it on YouTube.  It would be even bigger than the first couple that did Thriller as their first dance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »

But you love holidays...

You should make the entire ceremony a series of pranks and post it on YouTube.  It would be even bigger than the first couple that did Thriller as their first dance.

Right, so why not create another holiday that's unique to us?  There are three days each year I will always take off work, our anniversary (starting in 2012, of course), her birthday (October 5) and my birthday (April 29).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: March 23, 2010, 08:27:37 AM »

It looks like we're going to go shopping Friday evening instead of Saturday.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #335 on: March 23, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »

I have made a note of this on my calendar. Let me know if anything changes.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #336 on: March 23, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »

BRTD! I thought u were cool!!! apparantly you  are not!!! do not be rude to bushok
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: March 23, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »

BRTD! I thought u were cool!!! apparantly you  are not!!! do not be rude to bushok

James, that's not BRTD, it's Mr. Moderate!!  Two different people.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »

Why are you doing this together? Maybe you could just find out her ring size, and go get a nice ring so it'll be a surprise for her.

I've had several friends do this, it works out pretty well and the woman often prefers some say in what she'll wear.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »

Oh you know I will!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: March 25, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »

We are going to get the ring tomorrow evening, but as I said before, she will not get it on her finger until the second half of May.  We will be unofficially engaged tomorrow night as the ring is a pretty big investment, although i will never put a price on our relationship and our love for each other.  As for Tiffanye's ring, I am trying to find a reputable pawn shop, if there is such a thing, and try to get some money back on it.  The reason for buying Susan's ring now even before we get engaged is so I can have it paid off before we get married so don't have to enter into the bonds of holy matrimony with that bit of debt.  The only debt I wiant to enter the marriage with is my student loan, my mortgage, and as little of a credit card balance as possible.  That is another thing I am going to try to work on in the next year is try to pay down my credit card as much as i can, because i will probably have to use it to pay for a lot of the wedding.

Through the advice of my mother, I am also going to try to lose weight even though Susan can't really lose weight because her medication makes her hungry all the time.  I will admit I have been careless the past month and I have gained about 8 pounds, ballooning back to near 260.  Even if she can't lose weight medically, I can, and it would no doubt improve my health and even improve the intimacy.

Even though I am 260 and have been above 250 for pretty much the last year or more, my health is holding up fairly suprisingly.  The only thing that is of some concern is my high blood pressure which is well under control thanks to medication.  In fact, with the medication, I am down to a slightly higher than normal blood pressure, but not anywhere near the stage 2 hypertension I was approaching at the end of 2008.

I'm not looking for any health tips from the forum as you have given them to me many times over the last couple years or more and I know what I must do.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #341 on: March 25, 2010, 10:54:11 PM »

WTF
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #342 on: March 26, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »

This is the most bureaucratic engagement in history.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2010, 12:43:04 PM »

I can't wait for enthusiastic BushOK post about his wedding night
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »

We went and purchased the ring tonight, a beautiful 14 karat white gold diamond ring.  We're going to pick it up next Saturday.  She also wants me to propose to her the same evening!!!  So, engagement will begin on Saturday, April 3, 2010.  I was going to wait until May to give her more time to get ready, but she told me on the way home tonight that she wants none of this unofficially engaged business, she wants to make it official right away.  Now, the wedding is still a year away minimum, possibly 2 years.  She wants to take care of her ailing mother and grandmother before we get married.

Now, before you bash me over the head again yelling "too soon", hold your fire and be respectful in your remarks, please.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2010, 04:59:56 AM »

This is not going to be another episode of "speed dating", LOL!!
This will be a great test for me and since we're just starting out as friends, not even technically BF/GF, we won't be tempted to go too fast.

The friend that put Susan and I together has a squeaky clean past as does her husband.  This friend is also not going to let us go too fast!!

You better be thinking after Labor Day to even think of proposal man.

I'm definitely thinking no earlier than October.
I just want to get to know her better right now and then if things develop between us, then we can head in that direction.  That's why I am saying no earlier than October to give us the entire Spring and Summer to just date without having any hardcore planning.

She did bring up the "future" today, and she wants to wait until this Thanksgiving or Christmas, at the earliest, before we advance any further and until late 2011 or early 2012 before we tie the knot if things go that far.

I will say that we have started talking about the future more and more and where and when do we go from here.  We both agree that any advancement won't happen until late this summer at the earliest or more likely mid-fall.
I respect her too much, though, to propose to her any earlier than August or September.

She is going to go with me to pick out Susan's ring sometime in either March or April and then I've got a little something up my sleeve in way of proposal sometime in May or June.

Again, while we are committed to each other and FWIW engaged, I am still going to wait until closer to her birthday in early October before proposing to her and then wait until around my birthday in late April 2011 to wed.  Maybe I'm calloused, but I still don't see it rushing.  We're only going to make very small wedding plans over the summer mainly just getting the date, venue, and preacher set.  We pretty much already know who's going to be in it, but won't really discuss that for a few months.  Now, I will admit that if I did propose to her in May as was my plan, than yeah that would be rushing it a little.

I don't think she'll be ready by this Easter for a proposal, which I completely understand.  She wants me to wait until this fall, I wanted to do it in April, so I'm thinking about splitting the difference and making it the Fourth of July.

I am officially going to propose to her sometime in late June or early July, maybe July 4.

I am going to take her to buy the ring next Saturday and then I'm going to put it on her finger in June.

I'm planning a May or June proposal.  I'm leaning more toward mid to late May...

We went and purchased the ring tonight, a beautiful 14 karat white gold diamond ring.  We're going to pick it up next Saturday.  She also wants me to propose to her the same evening!!!  So, engagement will begin on Saturday, April 3, 2010.

The most retrospectively amusing comments are in bold.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2010, 05:05:19 AM »

faceplant
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2010, 07:32:28 AM »

Now, the wedding is still a year away minimum, possibly 2 years. 

LMFAO......I think Mr. Moden debunked this kind of talk without inserting a word of his own.  Roll Eyes
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2010, 10:10:11 AM »

This soap opera is beginning to bog down. I think it needs new script writers. Smiley  It is a pity, because it started off so well, with this pastor purportedly knocking someone up in a one night stand, and all, and now we are down to the "suspense" of whether the marriage date will be before Obamacare is revamped or after.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »

I, for one, don't understand why you all should wait for the wedding. Why prolong what is given in this circumstance? I'll go out on a limb and say the wedding will occur early next year at the latest, and a Christmas wedding is not out of the question.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies