Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:44:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 72326 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2011, 08:07:27 AM »

Have you ever played Starcraft II? I don't usually play video games, but I love that game! I geek out whenever I hear about it!

Grin  Hell yes!

Oh, um, sorry Senator.  Please continue.

What race do you play?

I like the good old Terrans the most, but the Protoss are cool too.  Wink

Me too. And Zerg is way too weird for me to learn. Tongue

I think the Senate SHOULD create a Starcraft II leisure club!

Indeed! Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »

I will be making an important, lift changing announcement in the next few hours. Stay tuned. And please, gather the press corps.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »

I smell a Presidential campaign Cheesy
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »

Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!  Run Duke run!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »

Good evening,

I want to first thank all the press that have gathered outside on my doorstep. It's nice to see such shining faces at such an hour of the night. The fact that you did it for me is even more humbling, and even brings a tear to my eye. I promise I won't disappoint you before I am finished with my little discussion.

So why are we gathered here? Well, I'll get to that in a moment. I don't want to spill the beans this early or many of you all will tune out.

First, let's take a walk down memory lane and learn how we got here. I have been in Atlasian government for a long time now. I remember when I first took office in the Southeast. It was a quiet region. My first election was won with one vote. That's right. I won 1-0. I remember the disappearance of kingofthebenchpress as my first real controversy in government. I remember watching the Southeast rise from the dead in dramatic fashion.

And then what happened? I ran for election for the Senate. The first time I ran, I lost, badly. Marokai wiped the floor with me. The second time I ran, I won. And then I won again. The Senate allowed me to do things I couldn't do in the Southeast. I could drink when I wanted to. I could hit up HappyWarrior and throw a few back on Fridays. But in the Senate, I could also shape the national discussion. From voter legitimacy, to environmental cleanup, to infrastructure upgrades, to reductions in corporate taxes, I am proud of some of things I have been able to accomplish in my nearly two years in the Senate. It has not been easy, but through my discussions and debate, I learned that Atlasia is full of decent people who want to do the right thing. With the economy on the upswing and Atlasians getting back to work, I am confident the government will continue to advance the recovery further.

So what is next? Why am I here talking about my past and walking down memory lane? Well, it is because it is time for the next step. I am here today to announce I am running for President of Atlasia, and I intend to be the next President of Atlasia.

I'm running for President because I know I am the most capable person in this race. I've spent my entire career working with folks from every persuasion known to man. I've spent my career listening, adapting and learning from other points of view while holding my convictions near. We need a president who will not adhere to one particular ideology, but adhere to the principles that work. First, as president, I intend to be the most communicative president we have ever had. I want to bring back the public White House, and while the Senate did not pass the "question time" bill, I don't care! I will have question time whenever I want to, like I have done as Senator.

Second, I want to continue infrastructure upgrades and begin providing the population incentives to take public transportation and high speed rail systems. In these national upgrades, I want to begin giving regional governments more of a say over their own destiny by giving them bloc grants. These bloc grants will enable them to spend the money on things they want to upgrade because they know far better than I do. I think many great ideas begin and can be forged in the legislatures of our regions.

Third, I want to cut taxes if the budget allows it. While I favor lower taxes across the board, I do not want to get into the situation where we are in a structural deficit. I applaud the corporate tax cuts enacted by President Polnut, and I think we could go further to make the landscape of Atlasia more competitive by closing loopholes and lowering overall rates. Closing the loopholes alone will broaden the tax base and increase revenue.

Fourth, I want to ensure protection of our environment and push more green technology during my presidency. The green industry in general is a large untapped resource in Atlasia with the potential to create thousands of jobs. We need to provide businesses with incentives to invest and build what works in this industry. The more we can produce, the more affordable these technologies will become to the general public. The low interest "Green Fund" I authored in the Senate is an excellent start. I believe it is only the beginning.

Finally, I want us to have fun. Sometimes many of us get so caught up in the game that we let it get in the way of the things that really matter. Remember we are all in this experience together! No one is irrelevant here. I look forward to speaking with you all more in the following weeks, and i encourage anyone with questions to not hesitate to ask them. I am no longer screening my questions, so ask away! Wink

Thank you all for your time. I look forward to a fun race against Kal, Winfield and whoever else jumps in between now and October!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »

Welcome to the race Duke. 

I am looking forward to a spirited contest, a lively discussion, and I believe we should all have fun doing it.  Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2011, 12:21:52 AM »

Endorsed and good luck! Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2011, 12:37:34 AM »

Endorsé !
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »

You have my unwavering support. Smiley Good luck!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »

You're going to get a high preference from me, no doubts Smiley
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »

The Duke of Atlasia !

Endorsed !
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2011, 01:11:27 PM »

There is no doubt that you will have my first preference, my friend!
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »

Don't rebuke Duke ! Wink
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »

Not endorsed. YOU KNOW WHY.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »

How much money would it take for you to reconsider?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2011, 04:32:21 PM by Cincinnatus »

Scandal!!!

Edit:  TPP - How much would be offered for "The People's" endorsement?  Ahem.. I mean what can you offer that other candidates simply can't ? Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »

Scandal!!!

Edit:  TPP - How much would be offered for "The People's" endorsement?  Ahem.. I mean what can you offer that other candidates simply can't ? Wink

I can offer The People support, a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. I have been listening to The People for a long time now without fail. Surely The People believe in me. Much of my speech above was directed towards The People.

Next question?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2011, 06:06:50 PM »

Yes indeed. Without a doubt.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:30 PM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »

I think you know I'll be there to support you, Duke. Tongue Endorsed.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »

What can I do?

What can I say?

Except I want you, as our President. Cheesy

I know you will be a great President, and I have it from an un-questionable source.

I heard it in a love song....Just can't be wrong Wink

And just in case this midweek, school work overwhelmed induced insanity wasn't clear enough for some:

OH YEAH!!!! SO FREAKIN, INCREDIBLY ENDORSED, MAN.

There are lyrics from two 1970's songs in here. One is rock, the other is country. Points to whoever can figure them out without using the internet. I will know, I have ways. Evil
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »

TPP -  As no other media outlets have asked a question yet, I shall continue to monopolize the candidates time.  If elected President, what will be your number one priority, and how do you plan to achieve it?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »

TPP -  As no other media outlets have asked a question yet, I shall continue to monopolize the candidates time.  If elected President, what will be your number one priority, and how do you plan to achieve it?

That's a wonderful question you came up with there. I have a lot of things I want to do as president. I suppose the number one thing I want to do is get more people involved with the daily conversation in this game. We are trending towards a game that consists of a few active people and a bunch of voters. That's dangerous.

As the leader of this glorious empire, I want to see the federal government engage the regional legislatures more and more and give those assemblymen something to discuss that will really make a difference! I was one of few senators to actually work with my legislature to get money in their hands and create jobs with specific projects. I can do that as President too. I guess I hope to be one of the most accessible presidents ever. We need that.

I also want to say I admire your dedication to journalism.. Wink

Next question if anyone has one..
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »

TPP - Thank you for the kind words Senator, but I can't accept your subtle advances on me.  To go further with the question, how would you plan to increase this regional involvement?  Would you approve of the GM incorporating more regional specific stories?  As of now the GM's reports lack significant amounts of analysis in the Senate.  The Presidents have given brief statements about GM reports, but we as a system, have generally failed in reacting to important events.  Elections have nothing to do with unemployment, or economic indicators.  Regions are currently undergoing different economic conditions, and generally have different major industries themselves.  How can you incorporate not only the entire country, but regional specific issues on the National stage?

Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2011, 08:17:19 PM »

Will you appoint Snooki to your cabinet?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies