Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:46:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381736 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3775 on: May 23, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »

If the native tribes that originally lived on them have been wiped out, what would happen to the land?  How would claims by multiple tribes be settled.

Fear not!  A story from the SoIA's Office is a'comin'!

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract. And have fun writing a story about a law that never passed.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3776 on: May 23, 2011, 04:35:41 PM »

If the native tribes that originally lived on them have been wiped out, what would happen to the land?  How would claims by multiple tribes be settled.

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract.
Noted.  Now, where can I find the entire text of the bill?  I can't find it on the wiki.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3777 on: May 23, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract.
Noted.  Now, where can I find the entire text of the bill?  I can't find it on the wiki.

It never properly passed.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3778 on: May 23, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »

Very libertarian of you. Roll Eyes
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3779 on: May 23, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »

He is more libertarian than you, anti-capitalist thief and contract breaker.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3780 on: May 23, 2011, 04:40:17 PM »

I'm sure the text must be somewhere.  Can you link me to it or copy/paste it into this thread?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3781 on: May 23, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »

I'm sure the text must be somewhere.  Can you link me to it or copy/paste it into this thread?

Why would you writeabout a law that isn't in effect and never will be?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3782 on: May 23, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »

Why would you writeabout a law that isn't in effect and never will be?
I need to know what it entails to write an article about this entire situation.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3783 on: May 23, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »

The State cannot contract, any "contract" on the part of the State is theft.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3784 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »

There is no situation, just a court case. Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3785 on: May 23, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »

Do you really have to be this difficult?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3786 on: May 23, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »

Funny you would say that Roll Eyes
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3787 on: May 23, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »

Of course, I don't think you should write an article until cinyc makes a ruling. Can't you pick on a lesser region in the meantime? Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3788 on: May 23, 2011, 04:52:32 PM »

Of course, I don't think you should write an article until cinyc makes a ruling. Can't you pick on a lesser region in the meantime? Tongue
I looked through the thread and apparently wormy quoted the entire bill in its one-sentence glory two pages back.  Wonderful.  And no, I would like to set up the consequences of this bill hypothetically passing and maybe introduce the voices of Native Americans, park rangers, and others who would be affected by the bill.  As a backdrop to the court case.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3789 on: May 23, 2011, 05:08:03 PM »

As the veto override continues, I believe we should debate impeaching those who are abusing the top two offices to carry out an assault on the region. I just love how Ghostwhite can't open voting booths but he's right there doing the bidding everytime one of these stupid laws like the Un-Stealing Act or Nullification Resolution are questioned.

tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3790 on: May 23, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »

Funny that I would, Carl.

Napoleon may wish to study the book "How To Win Friends And Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, since he seems right now to be rather intent on torpedoing his Senate prospects.  In any case, I would like to know what charges either I or Ghost_white would be brought up on for impeachment, since neither of us has committed any crime beyond being of a different party affilation and ideology than the speaker, and also having a greater level of respect for constitutional norms than he.  Such an act would be obvious to any Northeast voter for exactly what it is - partisan hackery.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3791 on: May 23, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »

Partisan hackery is your administration in whole, and you can be impeached for any reason.
What the Governor and yourself attempted earlier was in violation of our Constitution.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3792 on: May 23, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »

Sigh....

Aye to override the veto of the SRC report.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3793 on: May 23, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »

Welcome to my time in the Assembly, enjoy.

It's all about turning the region into extremist libertarian 'paradise' ie Anarchy... basically the laws of the jungle.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3794 on: May 23, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2011, 07:59:50 PM by Speaker Napoleon »

Welcome to my time in the Assembly, enjoy.

It's all about turning the region into extremist libertarian 'paradise' ie Anarchy... basically the laws of the jungle.

If they want compromise, they can work with us. If they want war, they will lose.

P.s. what do either of those stupid laws have to do with anarchy or libertarianism?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3795 on: May 23, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »

The particularly polluted stream of 'libertarianism' - "taxation is theft"  - the state should not own anything... that's how it fits.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3796 on: May 23, 2011, 08:10:27 PM »

The particularly polluted stream of 'libertarianism' - "taxation is theft"  - the state should not own anything... that's how it fits.

Giving away land for free is theft from the taxpayer. Anyone subscribing to that particular style of libertarian needs to get their head out of the sand and their fingers out of the ears.

I just don't understand why these dumb laws mean so much to wormy that he is willing to make a mockery of our region and constitution to preserve them. I thought we were working together pretty well until this whole mess started.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3797 on: May 23, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »

He doesn't do compromise... unless that compromise ends up with him getting what he wants.... also, I don't think their heads are stuck in the sand... think darker.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3798 on: May 23, 2011, 09:49:55 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2011, 09:51:48 PM by wormyguy »

Giving away land for free is theft from the taxpayer.

Uh, no.  The land was taken by force from its original owners, and therefore the thing which would involve the least moral turpitude is to return it to the legal heirs of the original owners.  Tax moeny is also taken by force from taxpayers, however this happened after the land was taken by force, and conflicting grievances ought to be settled on the principle of "oldest first;" especially since said taxpayers are a party in the first grievance (they are living on land taken by force from the indigenous peoples of the area).  BTW, does this mean you are retroactively against the Homestead Act?  I'd give you points for being a consistently good Democrat.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I just don't understand why these dumb laws mean so much to Napoleon that he is willing to make a mockery of our region and constitution to get rid of them. I thought we were working together pretty well until this whole mess started.  (Do note that it is you, rather than I, who initiated this entire dispute, I was merely attempting to be helpful).

And Polnut is a fine one to talk about compromise, given that he opposed every single thing I ever introduced, even when my bills were "moderate," had broad popular support, and required him to be a hypocrite to oppose them.  (There was one in which he listed a laundry list of "concerns" - all of which I had already specifically addressed in the bill beforehand.  When I and others pointed this out to him, he declared he would oppose it anyway).
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3799 on: May 23, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »

I vote aye to override the veto on the SRC report.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies