Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:50:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
Author Topic: Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH  (Read 26431 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »

Well, Al and Lief have expressed interest in a debate. What about you Franzl?

What about MasterJedi (couldn't find your campaign thread Tongue)

I would love to participate in a presidential debate. Only condition is that it is held after Friday of this week Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »

I would love to participate in a presidential debate. Only condition is that it is held after Friday of this week Smiley

That's fine with me. I have three midterms/papers due this week and won't really have time to devote to any debate.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

That's fine with me. I have three midterms/papers due this week and won't really have time to devote to any debate.

And the RPP need announce their new candidate first as well anyway.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2009, 03:32:33 PM »

Soooo my friends. I'm on a ferry from Greece to Italy now, finally starting my trip home.

I'm looking forward to actively campaigning again starting this weekend, and I would also like to welcome PiT to the race.

Based on my experience in Greece, I think we need to start drinking more ouzo during Senate debate! Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »

Yeah, so this was a pretty hard choice for me, but I'm gonna go ahead and do it.

Endors'd
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:08 AM »

Yeah, so this was a pretty hard choice for me, but I'm gonna go ahead and do it.

Endors'd

Very much appreciated! Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »

OK, it's really late in election season, but I've had a busy week...

We will be publishing a platform this evening to make sure Atlasia gets this necessary information before polls open.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »

Economy:

1.) Lower corporate taxation: We need to make Atlasia a more attractive place to do business. This will lead to job creation and a healthier economy.

2.) Establish and maintain free trade: Only through efficient sharing of work do consumers gain the most choice at competitive prices. Not to mention the positive effects on foreign relations.

3.) Prevent unnecessary and dangerous intervention of the State in the economy: Sounds simple, but there have been many attempts in the recent past to do things like ban private health insurance, completely nationalize the auto industry, etc. I stand for economic freedom and prosperity, not inefficient state regulation.

4.) Maintain an effective welfare state: The market is great, but citizens must not be completely at its mercy. I support caring for our old, unhealthy and just plain unlucky citizens. The health reform past a few months ago was a masterful step towards equality, and I will resist attempts to minimize or repeal it or other similar programs.

5.) Invest more in education: I sponsored the original Help Atlasia Study Act. It was necessary, but we still need to do more to ensure high quality education for all of our citizens. Only through education do we provide equal opportunity and do we enable our citizens to be competitive in a globalized economy. This is perhaps the most important role of the state at all. That's why I supported making student loans more affordable by making it a state program, and I am strongly in favor of more direct subsidies to lower tuition costs considerably.

Social issues:

There's not all that much to say here. Atlasia is largely a civilized and fair nation in regards to social equality. All I can say is that I will resist any attempts to repeal progress that has already been made. As strongly as I oppose abortion personally, for example, I have come to realize that any attempts to limit access to it would ultimately be counterproductive in our attempts to reduce the amount of abortions performed.

Otherwise, my ideology is best summarized as: Live and let live!

Forum affairs:

This is an issue best explained and represented by my running mate, Swedish Cheese. Through close contact and communication, we have agreed that zombie reform is an urgent need. That's why we support sensible restrictions on new voters without being so drastic that new members are completely shut out without hope of being able to participate.

Posting requirements are a more tricky issue, and difficult to enforce. Like many other proposals on this topic.

That's why we desire an independent Zombie Commission to be appointed under our administration. They should research and come up with the best ways to deal with the zombie problem, and we believe that this commission could also eventually become a government ministry designed to enforce zombie laws and regulations, to make the SOFA's life a little easier. Details, of course, will come with time.

Foreign policy:

1.) Reduce Atlasian military spending: There are many unnecessary items in our military budget that do not ultimately serve the military's sole purpose: protecting Atlasian citizens. It's money that could be used more wisely elsewhere, like in making education more affordable.

2.) Avoid foreign intervention if possible: We don't need to be the world's policeman, and economic incentives are often sufficient to motivate other nations to be more cooperative on the international stage. Military conflicts are terrible and should be prevented at all costs. Only if a real, immediate threat to Atlasia and its citizens exists should any military action be considered.

3.) Engage in diplomacy with EVERY nation. Past relations are of little concern, we need to give everyone, even our enemies, the chance to negotiate with us. Discussion alone is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of intelligence. Powerful nations don't need to show their power constantly.

4.) Economic Sanctions when necessary: I fully support further sanctions on countries that do not cooperate with our diplomatic efforts. Iran is very likely to fall under that category in the near future, and I will not hesitate as President to sensibly use economic sanctions.

Swedish Cheese and I have not had as much time as we would have liked to draft this platform. If anybody has questions regarding specific policies, please do not hesitate to ask!

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2009, 12:23:44 AM »

I'd like to hear you justify lowering corporate taxation and it's benefits in more detail.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2009, 07:49:41 PM »

I'd like to hear you justify lowering corporate taxation and it's benefits in more detail.

Lower corporate taxation would hopefully create more jobs as more companies move to Atlasia, or more importantly, stay in Atlasia rather than outsource.

In the real world, we've seen how countries like Ireland have successfully transformed themselves into good places to do business through much lower corporate taxation than the U.S.

Low individual taxes don't help people if they don't have jobs, and I'm largely opposed to any massive tax cuts for private individuals. Jobs are the key, and I hope that this move will combat rising unemployment.

In the short term, I'm fully aware that this may increase the deficit, but looking further, I think this could also be seen as a revenue increasing project.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #260 on: October 22, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »

Final campaign speech coming later today!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #261 on: October 22, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »

When does voting begin? Tonight at midnight or tomorrow?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #262 on: October 22, 2009, 04:53:59 PM »

When does voting begin? Tonight at midnight or tomorrow?

I believe it can be opened at any time tomorrow, but in the past Earl has opened the booths on midnight Friday.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »

Earl has confirmed it opens in 6 hours, 5 minutes.
gregusodenus
Rookie
United States

« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2009, 06:50:24 PM »

In what type of situation would you condone taking preemptive action against a foreign country, if any? What do you define as a "real" military threat?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2009, 06:54:32 PM »

As the newest party member, I endorse Franzl and Swedish Cheese for the Presidency and Vice Presidency
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »

Yeah, your political positions haven't changed at all. Roll Eyes
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2009, 06:56:23 PM »

Franzl may have my 2nd pref. I'm genuinely undecided on my 2nd and 3rd preferences.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »

Earl has confirmed it opens in 6 hours, 5 minutes.

My bad then.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #269 on: October 23, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »

In what type of situation would you condone taking preemptive action against a foreign country, if any? What do you define as a "real" military threat?

This is a very difficult question to answer without a specific situation in mind. I'm very very sceptical of preemptive military action in almost every case, but I will admit there are probably times when a legitimate threat can indeed be recognized. I can only say at this point that I would  use my best judgement to determine what needs to be done, and I pledge to responsibly use my power as commander of the military.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2009, 09:38:26 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen,

Just a short statement now, as the voting has already begun. We ask for your vote today in order to provide Atlasia with a pragmatic and moderate President and Vice President. You may be thinking: Moderate? Anything more specific? Well, I hope to have answered specific policy questions throughout the Presidential debate, and in this thread with my platform. I oppose the extremes in Atlasia. I can't endorse cold blooded libertarianism just as I can't agree to limiting the free market in such a form that it wouldn't function any more.

I believe that Swedish Cheese and I bring the necessary competence and political knowledge to the table. I have served Atlasia as an Assemblyman, Attorney General and now for several months as a Senator. Swedish Cheese, obviously, is a newer member, but I was so convinced of his abilities, as shown in his work in the Mideast Assembly, that he was my first pick as running mate, and I am very proud to have him at my side in this election.

Even if we lose, which I will easily admit, is probably more likely than not, I am proud to have been the candidate of the Democratic Alliance in this election, and I hope to have offered the Atlasian public more choice in this important election. I think everyone will admit that elections are more exciting if there are several different tickets and not just a polarized 2-choice election made up of "unity tickets".

It's an honor to be here, and I welcome any and all support Smiley
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2009, 12:15:34 PM »

- Evening good people Smiley

Since this campaign is coming to a close, I'd like to say a few words as well.

Being the running mate of Senator Franzl, and Vice Presidential candidate for the Democratic Alliance, has been a fun and intresting experience for me, and I have enjoyed every second of it. My candadicy for the Vice Presidential office, has helped me find my place and my voice in Atlasia. I have learned so much during these last two months.

- I have been lucky. It is few that have the honour of running with such a great person and candidate as Franzl. Working with him and getting to know him better has been fantastic, and I'm increadibly thankful to him for giving me the chance to do so.

He is truely the best and most deserving candidate, and as President he would take Atlasia into a new great era, by working tirelessly for the good of this game. And even if he is not elected this time, I'm confident that he'll one day end up as one greatest presidents of Atlasia.

- To my fellow DA members, thank you for all your support and encouragement. It doesn't look like we'll win today (don't count us out though, we might still pull out a surprising victory yet) but I still believe that Franzl's candidacy has made a positive inpact, especially on this party. We have stood up for our belifes, and showed the world that our party is as strong and indipendant as ever, and that we are not an organisation you should underestimate or take for granted. We have showed Atlasia that the DA is alive, and for that, running our own ticket has been all worth it.

Now that only leaves one more thing...

Cheers!!!

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »

- Evening good people Smiley

Cheers!!!

I can drink to that! Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine