Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:33:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH  (Read 26455 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »

Could you outline your fiscal policy for me? This is likely how I will determine the candidates I ultimately vote for.

Do you just mean general economic principles, or do you have any specific questions or concerns?

We are facing crisis still. What type of "stimuli" would you support? Banking/credit reform? Taxes? Trade? How do you hope to make sure that more jobs are available and the unemployment rate will normalize? Green economics? Etc.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »

I supported the original stimulus package this last Senate session in the hopes it would provide some sort of economic boost, I'm still waiting to hear what the actual effects of it were.

I might entertain the idea of certain smaller boosts on a needs basis....but I'm generally sceptical of pumping more money we don't have in order to generate demand that is often artificial and impossible to maintain. That's why I strongly opposed attempts to legislate "Cash for Clunkers" in Atlasia.

Taxes are good the way they are for the most part, although I wouldn't mind a small tax cut for the lowest individual bracket. Aside from that, but maybe more sensible at a later date, I strongly support lower corporate taxation in an effort to be more internationally competitive.

As far as trade is concerned, I tend to support laissez-faire international policies. Free trade is mutually beneficial in my mind in most cases, and only extreme circumstances would force me to oppose individual free trade agreements.

Green economics? Well, I obviously believe global warming is a problem that needs to be taken seriously. What I don't approve of is the way the real life Greens complain about CO2....but simultaneously oppose attempts to generate more nuclear power. That's one of my main environmentally friendly ways to become somewhat more independent of oil. Other things include supporting modernization of federal buildings, and support for high speed rail, and any public transportation really.

NCYankee's bill to provide necessary credit was very important, and I anticipate that that will have a positive effect, and will probably save lots of Atlasian jobs.

I'll write more about economic policy as this campaign progesses, as it is the most important element of good government, in my mind.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »

What about a national bank?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »

Thanks to Afleitch who produced this brilliant campaign banner!

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »

I'm honestly unsure on that currently. You make some good points in favor, but I do have concerns about competition, much like I did when the debate was on nationalizing the Atlasian auto industry.

I'd like to wait for Senate debate before making a final decision.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »

I'm honestly unsure on that currently. You make some good points in favor, but I do have concerns about competition, much like I did when the debate was on nationalizing the Atlasian auto industry.

I'd like to note that nationalization of the auto industry is a different concept with entirely different underlying principles.

A national bank would still be open to private competition because there are those who would not qualify or have credit needs that the government could not provide. This would not be an entire nationalization of an industry, and in that, it would not be a nationalization of production but rather opportunity. The national bank would, hopefully, offer more competition to our free markets. In addition, when it comes to principle, the current credit industry is deriving profit from the working man's have-not status. From my point of view, this is "The Man" taking advantage and profiting on someone's lack of capital, mostly due to birth/social position. With a national bank, credit would not be nearly as difficult for many to afford, and the "profits" would actually be a return to the taxpayer! It more or less expands the free market, whereas the automobile nationalization would have created a monopoly, essentially destroying the free market of that industry.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »

Fair and good point. Thank you.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2009, 05:49:58 PM »

Quite a surprise. Wink

Hamilton, stop lying.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2009, 05:53:29 PM »

So I guess most of you are pretty surprised.

I can assure you that it was nothing compared how surprised I felt when I was first offered the position by Franzl. At first I was almost convinced that there had been some sort of misunderstanding or mix-up. When it became clear to me that I was in fact the person Franzl wanted by his side, I became determined to be the best running mate, and the best Vice President anyone could ask for.

I’m very glad to see the warm response to my nomination, from some of the most influential and admirable posters in this game. I’m actually really flattered. Smiley

Even though my time in Atlasia has not been very long, I have still grown really attached to this place. This game has some of the most intelligent and interesting people I could ever imagine. I think that just by being around you guys, and by hearing all your different arguments and perspectives, I have become wiser. Not to mention I have made some really great friends here.      

Therefore I want to make sure that Atlasia has the best of the best, and that this game really is everything that it can be. I believe that the best way to achieve that is by electing Franzl our next President. During the coming month I will work hard and tirelessly to make sure it happens.  

Thank you all for the support and kind words. Dave bless you, and Dave bless Atlasia.

Also please no RPP vs JCP fights. Lets all be friends instead *HugHugHug* Smiley

Humble as always Smiley
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

Where did I lie, you twat?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2009, 06:07:37 PM »

I have a question for the VP nominee:

What do you think of the SoEA's statement that DA and RPP will never again work together?  Do you agree with his statement or do you think that working together across party lines is best for Atlasia?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »

Here we go..
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2009, 06:12:53 PM »

That you didn't try to bring Swedish Cheese on. Or that you weren't going to bolt for the DA along with PiT, Rowan and tmth. Or that you didn't want to bolt the RPP and make a new party because of something afleitch said a couple years ago. Or a thousand other things, really.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »

That you didn't try to bring Swedish Cheese on. Or that you weren't going to bolt for the DA along with PiT, Rowan and tmth. Or that you didn't want to bolt the RPP and make a new party because of something afleitch said a couple years ago. Or a thousand other things, really.

Where have I lied? No one suggested Swedish Cheese as a potential VP. Names that I saw floated- AndrewCT, Smid, and  afleitch. Those were the only names I saw as potential VP picks. Never was Swedish Cheese mentioned. I also never was going to bolt to the DA, although I did try to deduce what exactly those who did were being offered, but I did entertain the idea of a new party in the instance that the RPP was no longer viable, something that is common knowledge. So where exactly did I lie?

You may think you're being sweet or cute or funny but you're not. You're the only one here who is a liar. You have no principles, you are a vicious and malicious person who has no business being anywhere near an elected office. Scum
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »

What that I asked a fair game question of a potential VP?  Sorry for not playing Marokai-ball today
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2009, 06:28:20 PM by Senator Franzl »

And I got a second banner from Senator tmthforu94 as well:

Much appreciated!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »

I will say that I had no information that we tried to recruit SwedishChinese. After Franzl backed out on the Jedi ticket, Hamilton floated afleitch for a moment, but the AndrewCT pick was a complete surprise to me. As far as I know, Jedi did his selection of Andrew on his own, only telling us we'd be pleased with it. If Hamilton was talking to SC, then you'll need to ask him. I like the kid, but never went out to recruit him, nor did I know he was asked to be Jedi's VP. As I said, I think all of his VP searches were done on his own. We had no hand in it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »

Where have I lied? No one suggested Swedish Cheese as a potential VP. Names that I saw floated- AndrewCT, Smid, and  afleitch. Those were the only names I saw as potential VP picks. Never was Swedish Cheese mentioned. I also never was going to bolt to the DA, although I did try to deduce what exactly those who did were being offered, but I did entertain the idea of a new party in the instance that the RPP was no longer viable, something that is common knowledge. So where exactly did I lie?

You may think you're being sweet or cute or funny but you're not. You're the only one here who is a liar. You have no principles, you are a vicious and malicious person who has no business being anywhere near an elected office. Scum
Huh? I specifically mentioned Swedish Cheese's name a couple of weeks ago. He was on my top two list that you knew about... I guess I'm no one...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »

Huh? I specifically mentioned Swedish Cheese's name a couple of weeks ago. He was on my top two list that you knew about... I guess I'm no one...

I do not remember him being mentioned as a potential running mate, I would have said something about it. But if you can find that post I would appreciate it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2009, 06:25:23 PM »

I do not remember him being mentioned as a potential running mate, I would have said something about it. But if you can find that post I would appreciate it.
Has anyone ever told you that you have selective memory?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »

A search "Swedish Cheese" does not net any post that suggests him.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »

A search "Swedish Cheese" does not net any post that suggests him.
Read your pms. I'm right, and you are wrong. It's be nice if you'd just admit it...
Franzl, would you consider voting for a bill that would ban abortions in the third trimester?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

Well Tmthforu, I just PM'd you proof of your idiocy. A 40 page thread with a single post about it that does not show up on a search. And my response was "he is too inexperienced." That is not selective memory and it also does not contradict anything I said earlier. There was NO WAY for me to be able to see that one little post without going through 4o pages.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2009, 06:32:55 PM »

Franzl, would you consider voting for a bill that would ban abortions in the third trimester?

Yes, absolutely. I've always had a very strong dislike of abortion, and I even supported illegalizing at entirely at one point, but I've come to realize that such a move would be counterproductive in the fight against abortion.

But there's no reason a woman should be having an abortion in the third trimester, and I would sign such a ban if it were presented to me.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2009, 06:35:12 PM »

Well Tmthforu, I just PM'd you proof of your idiocy. A 40 page thread with a single post about it that does not show up on a search. And my response was "he is too inexperienced." That is not selective memory and it also does not contradict anything I said earlier. There was NO WAY for me to be able to see that one little post without going through 4o pages.
Oh for crying out loud! Please stop this rubbish. I have sent you an exact link to where it is at, as well a screenshot of my post.

Thank you Franzl. I am extremely happy with your answer. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies