Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:53:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Franzl/Swedish Cheese campaign CONCESSION SPEECH  (Read 26432 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2009, 04:04:21 PM »

I applaud Swedish Cheese for sticking with Franzl and not succumbing to the RPP's previous and constant attempts to recruit him for their ticket instead. Wink

That's not true at all

This is one issue where I know you're flat out lying. Don't even try it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2009, 04:04:55 PM »

Good choice Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »

I applaud Swedish Cheese for sticking with Franzl and not succumbing to the RPP's previous and constant attempts to recruit him for their ticket instead. Wink

Actually, our top choice was GPORTER because he brought experience to the ticket, but he declined. SwedishChinese was only mentioned because of my love of Chinese food.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »

You know what knowledge Hamilton has?  Interesting
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2009, 04:05:28 PM »

That's not true at all

I know some people might've wanted him in our party, as he is a decent Atlasian, but I know of no one in the party who felt he was ready for prime time.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2009, 04:07:52 PM »

That's not true at all

I know some people might've wanted him in our party, as he is a decent Atlasian, but I know of no one in the party who felt he was ready for prime time.

So all that sucking up you guys were doing in public was just honest admiration? I've heard from various sources you guys to recruit SC to your side, but he refused, so you went with Andrew instead. Your plan was, from the beginning, to find some way to make the RPP ticket a de-facto unity one, instead of a flat-out unity one, because you wanted DA votes.

Also, not ready for prime time? You're either lying or being insulting. Actually both, considering my sources.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »

Swedish Cheese was one person that the party floated around as a possible candidate, but certainly not anything serious.  Our top choices were always AndrewCT and Smid
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »

Excellent and of course expected choice Grin
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »

So I guess most of you are pretty surprised.

I can assure you that it was nothing compared how surprised I felt when I was first offered the position by Franzl. At first I was almost convinced that there had been some sort of misunderstanding or mix-up. When it became clear to me that I was in fact the person Franzl wanted by his side, I became determined to be the best running mate, and the best Vice President anyone could ask for.

I’m very glad to see the warm response to my nomination, from some of the most influential and admirable posters in this game. I’m actually really flattered. Smiley

Even though my time in Atlasia has not been very long, I have still grown really attached to this place. This game has some of the most intelligent and interesting people I could ever imagine. I think that just by being around you guys, and by hearing all your different arguments and perspectives, I have become wiser. Not to mention I have made some really great friends here.      

Therefore I want to make sure that Atlasia has the best of the best, and that this game really is everything that it can be. I believe that the best way to achieve that is by electing Franzl our next President. During the coming month I will work hard and tirelessly to make sure it happens.  

Thank you all for the support and kind words. Dave bless you, and Dave bless Atlasia.

Also please no RPP vs JCP fights. Lets all be friends instead *HugHugHug* Smiley

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »

That's not true at all

So all that sucking up you guys were doing in public was just honest admiration? I've heard from various sources you guys to recruit SC to your side, but he refused, so you went with Andrew instead. Your plan was, from the beginning, to find some way to make the RPP ticket a de-facto unity one, instead of a flat-out unity one, because you wanted DA votes.

Also, not ready for prime time? You're either lying or being insulting. Actually both, considering my sources.

A. Had I been aware of such attempts, I would have worked to dissuade them.
B. Yes, many in the RPP (myself included) did and do feel that having a non-RPPer on the ticket is beneficial. We don't believe that great ideas and relationships should be constrained by party identification.
C. The VP's role in government requires extensive knowledge of Senate operations as well as the ability and confidence to manage the nation in an emergency. It takes experience that most of us don't have (myself included).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »

This pick reminds me heavily of my pick of NCYank, the ticket wasn't going to win so getting the VP the experience needed for higher office was considered.

Anyway, due to BK's recent antics, I offer this ticket my second preference and urge my party mates to do the same
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »

This pick reminds me heavily of my pick of NCYank, the ticket wasn't going to win so getting the VP the experience needed for higher office was considered.

Anyway, due to BK's recent antics, I offer this ticket my second preference and urge my party mates to do the same

Why would we change our second preference just because Bacon King didn't surprise any of us?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »

Why would we change our second preference just because Bacon King didn't surprise any of us?
What?  That makes no sense unless I'm reading it wrong.

BaconKing really has been surprising me with his ridiculous and childish antics to deprive the DS voters of their vote
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »

What?  That makes no sense unless I'm reading it wrong.

BaconKing really has been surprising me with his ridiculous and childish antics to deprive the DS voters of their vote

It doesn't surprise me. He's done it the past couple times.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »

Usually it is a mistake by one of the voters that didn't really affect it, this time it had the votes in a fair and free election and due a small technicality he's trying to get it tossed.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »

Usually it is a mistake by one of the voters that didn't really affect it, this time it had the votes in a fair and free election and due a small technicality he's trying to get it tossed.

small technicality = disregarding two entire sections of the Constitution?

By that logic, it's cool for the US government to throw you in jail for no reason because it's only a 'technicality' that the Constitution says they can't do that.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »

As you say, its a game.  Seriously the people want an assembly, let them have it and just being a crybaby
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2009, 04:32:48 PM »

As you say, its a game.  Seriously the people want an assembly, let them have it and just being a crybaby

'Rules is rules' Tongue Technicalities are annoying but you either tolerate breaching them all, or tolerate none.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »

'Rules is rules' Tongue Technicalities are annoying but you either tolerate breaching them all, or tolerate none.

And Bacon King tolerated them previously. That is the point I've been trying to make.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2009, 04:54:46 PM »

I must say, Great Ticket. This is the type of thing people of expect of you Franzl, to complete the answer to your earlier question. Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »

I believe that I have tolerated them all in the past
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »

I must say, Great Ticket. This is the type of thing people of expect of you Franzl, to complete the answer to your earlier question. Wink

In that case, I'm happy to fulfill those expectations Smiley
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »

Could you outline your fiscal policy for me? This is likely how I will determine the candidates I ultimately vote for.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2009, 05:00:48 PM »

Could you outline your fiscal policy for me? This is likely how I will determine the candidates I ultimately vote for.

Do you just mean general economic principles, or do you have any specific questions or concerns?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »

I think this pick mostly has me thinking what the next move for Swedish Cheese is, I always knew he was the DA rising star similiar to what NCYank was when I picked him.  Personally, I thought he'd be the DA candidate for Mideast senate, definitely a strong pick than Constine
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies