Sen. Ted Kennedy is dead.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:38:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen. Ted Kennedy is dead.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Sen. Ted Kennedy is dead.  (Read 22694 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 09:26:40 AM »

Really?  Do you know how many worse comments are posted about conservatives when they die who aren't murderers?

Are we really going to have to go through this again?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 09:27:36 AM »

Really?  Do you know how many worse comments are posted about conservatives when they die who aren't murderers?

Conservatives hate poors.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »

Saddening. RIP
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »

OMG
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 09:39:26 AM »

RIP. One of the greatest Senators of all time and belonged to one of the greatest political families. It's a shame how many of the Kennedys have had lives cut short by tragedies. May his dream live on.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 10:12:07 AM »

not the worst type of rich person.  if asked to continue Western tradition and focus on positives upon death, it wouldn't be that difficult for me to do it in this case.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:53 AM »

Prayers to his family.  RIP.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 10:41:06 AM »

Hopefully, Ted will take this opportunity to apologize in person to Mary Jo Kopechne.

You're horrible person

Stop flattering him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »

Wow I feel like an uber douchebag for having that signature. In fact as of this moment I will remove the motivator from the gallery for at least two weeks out of respect for Ted Kennedy. I may not have agreed with him on quite a few things, but damn it he was devoted to public duty. RIP Ted.

It truly does feel sad that Ted Kennedy is dead.
No matter how much our economic views may differ at times, Mechman, you're unquestionably a class act.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009, 10:48:06 AM »

Good riddence to bad trash,.  I hope he spends eternity drowning every day for causeing the death of that poor girl Mary Jane Kopekne.  I hope he also gets hacked up for eternity by an abortion knife.

What scum and yet millions of brain washed sheep are acting like this is a big loss.  

Well if liberals can line the funeral rout for ROnald Reagan and spit on the limos as they go by and call him a mass murderer and a evil man I have been waiting to do the same now.

GOOD RIDDENCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »

Good riddence to bad trash,.  I hope he spends eternity drowning every day for causeing the death of that poor girl Mary Jane Kopekne.  I hope he also gets hacked up for eternity by an abortion knife.

What scum and yet millions of brain washed sheep are acting like this is a big loss.  

Well if liberals can line the funeral rout for ROnald Reagan and spit on the limos as they go by and call him a mass murderer and a evil man I have been waiting to do the same now.

Classy.  Roll Eyes
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 10:49:30 AM »

lol coburn.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »

Just when I thought that nobody could sink lower than JohnFord and RowanBrandon.
I guess I should have known that when someone dies, the maggots come out.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

Hopefully, Ted will take this opportunity to apologize in person to Mary Jo Kopechne.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »

Just when I thought that nobody could sink lower than JohnFord and RowanBrandon.
I guess I should have known that when someone dies, the maggots come out.

I thought consensus was that he was a professional troll.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »

I don't spit on graves.

His death is like the death of any other individual that impedes the progress of a republic or one that keeps a representative government from forming. It would have been great if he had learned to reform himself and realize that his power grabbing ways were just not right.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2009, 11:18:23 AM »

You truly are heinous
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2009, 11:19:17 AM »

I was wondering when you would show up.........
So Coburn what have you been doing all this time? Masturbating over prolife politicians? Don't tell me you're actually prophetman.........

Ted Kennedy might've murdered Mary Jo, it might've been an accident. We will never know. I would much rather give him the benefit of a doubt than assume that he would go so low. We will never know the truth of what really happened. I would much rather assume that everyone has good in them somewhere than that it's just us against those damn evil liburul scum.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »

You truly are heinous

But the liberals who spat on Ronald Reagan's widow and celebrated his death were FFs right?  Uh huh.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »

Coburn has a point, we can dig up the threads from deaths of people like Jesse Helms, Jerry Falwell, Henry Hyde, etc. and see that the words were anything but kind.  The excuse was "OMg thEy wAs EviL peOpLE"
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2009, 11:21:34 AM »

You truly are heinous

But the liberals who spat on Ronald Reagan's widow and celebrated his death were FFs right?  Uh huh.

No those people were the scum of the Earth. Just like you are proving yourself right now.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »

No those people were the scum of the Earth. Just like you are proving yourself right now.

For what it's worth, if the image of liberals spitting on Ronald Reagan's widow isn't hyperbole, I don't know what is... c'mon people, he's a joke poster.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2009, 11:24:01 AM »

For what it's worth, if the image of liberals spitting on Ronald Reagan's widow isn't hyperbole, I don't know what is... c'mon people, he's a joke poster.

You're right, I shouldn't waste my time on wastes of sperm like Coburn.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »

Coburn has a point, we can dig up the threads from deaths of people like Jesse Helms, Jerry Falwell, Henry Hyde, etc. and see that the words were anything but kind.  The excuse was "OMg thEy wAs EviL peOpLE"

I don't doubt you DWTL, I make a point of not celebrating death unless it's somebody who is absolutely proven to be evil. I really didn't care whenever Jerry Falwell died, but I sure as hell wasn't popping open champagne over it. I was actually really disgusted at how happy some people got when those people above died. They may have had disgusting views, but in my mind they weren't truly evil enough to celebrate their death. Now I still have disfavorable views of them, but nowhere near "Ding Dong the witch is dead" kind of attitude.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »

When I saw this post I expected the outpouring of accolades from both liberals, as well as the noble conservatives on the forum (a strong majority, IMHO) who may have often disagreed with Kennedy but could acknowledge what he achieved for this country.

Unfortunately, my first thought was: "How long before some right-wing asshat sh**ts on a dead man?" And inevitably it would be from Chappaquiddick 40 years ago...

Congratulations, John Ford! YOU are the winner in the "right-wing classless douchebag" race clocking in with a completely classy and justified breach of not speaking ill of the dead at: 4 hours, six minutes and 47 seconds. Let's give him a big hand, folks!

Nice try, RowanBrandon, but you still managed to come in second clocking in at 5 hours, 32 minutes and 11 seconds! Way to maintain the dignity of the office to which you were recently elected with votes from many of the genuine eulogizers here. Better luck for the next public death at being an even bigger ass and bringing home the gold! Still wasn't he a good contestant here, folks? <canned applause>

DWTL: You came SOOO close to being eliminated altogether with only a veiled reference to Kennedy's personal life to be further discussed later. Our judges wouldn't have accepted this as a classless breach of common etiquette, and you could have gone home without any pinhead awards at all. But yet, demonstrating the spotty-faced immaturity the Forum has come to know and hate or ignore, you were goaded by an unrelated post to call a man whose body is barely cold "a murderer". Way to overcome and pull it ("it"= something moronic and grossly inappropriate) out in the clutch to earn yourself the bronze in the extremist sphincter-mouth olympics! Truly an enduring and heartwarming story of overcoming obstacles of good taste and common sense to achieve ones goals no matter how low. <sniff>

Sadly, every contest has its disappointments, and this one is no exception. Among the contenders whose extremism, tunnel vision and lack of empathy would make them expected champions in this race to metaphorically piss on Kennedy's open casket, all eyes turned as one to Coburn. And yet, shocking one and all, this giant of Limbaughesqe imbecility, the champion of all angry crazed ultraconservative white men needing someone to actually say the evil meanspirited things they're thinking, finished a very weak fourth. Disappointed fans will undoubtedly demand an investigation into whether other competitors disabled Coburn's internet connection so they could be first to drop a steaming pantsload in the middle of the departed's memorial service, but for now we'll all have to trust that Coburn will soon return to form of being first at being the worst.

A good job to all our competitors, each of whom win a tiny little plot on the lowset circle of Dante's inferno along with this parting gift:

Each of you need to learn a basic fact: There is a fundamental difference between being conservative and being and a**hole.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies