A New History of Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:05:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A New History of Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: A New History of Atlasia  (Read 18052 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2009, 11:57:34 PM »

Hamilton's extreme levels of knowledge is more than a wee bit suspicious. Also DTWL, please realize that your misplaced ego has never been anything but laughable.
As I challenged HW, find someone who has more of an influence on Atlasia in the last year.  I put Bgwah in the White House, numerous senators (including myself) in the senate, revitalized conservatives in Atlasia (although I give Duke a lot of credit for this too), and when I took a bit of my break, my party suffered.  Now with me back, we are stronger than ever

Sorry, I don't see you, your ego is so inflated than it hides you from me.

Or maybe it's because he's in a completely different country and your only interaction is viewing each other's text. Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2009, 11:59:41 PM »

Hamilton's extreme levels of knowledge is more than a wee bit suspicious. Also DTWL, please realize that your misplaced ego has never been anything but laughable.
As I challenged HW, find someone who has more of an influence on Atlasia in the last year.  I put Bgwah in the White House, numerous senators (including myself) in the senate, revitalized conservatives in Atlasia (although I give Duke a lot of credit for this too), and when I took a bit of my break, my party suffered.  Now with me back, we are stronger than ever

Yet no one can find someone more influential than me
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2009, 12:00:41 AM »

I can.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:59 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2009, 12:04:42 AM by Senator Purple State »

Well it depends what you mean by influential. I would say you are the most influential when it comes to rallying conservatives. bgwah is most influential in rallying liberals. I am the most credible source on game reform. Hash is the most influential centrist leader.

EDIT: Oh, and Peter is the most influential when it comes to interpreting law, as he wrote the Constitution if I recall what he has said correctly.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2009, 12:04:56 AM »

Well it depends what you mean by influential. I would say you are the most influential when it comes to rallying conservatives. bgwah is most influential in rallying liberals. I am the most credible source on game reform. Hash is the most influential centrist leader.

Good point, its all about who you influence.  I'm big in the protectionist and international affairs group group I think.  Marokai is a big economic thinker.  Without the influence of all of the Atlasians this would be a different place by far.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:48 AM »

EDIT: Oh, and Peter is the most influential when it comes to interpreting law, as he wrote the Constitution if I recall what he has said correctly.
Influential as a whole means who has had the most influence on the game overall over the last year.  You will be hard pressed to find someone whose words have been more important in this game
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:58 AM »

If you really care to know, I am a lifelong member of the Democratic party.

I was pro-life when I joined the forum; I am no longer (this occurred in the middle of my first Presidency, if this helps to answer your question).  My views haven't changed much in the last three years or so, and I have always at least leaned to the left.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2009, 12:06:30 AM »

News to HW:

You are irrelveant and no one cares what you say at all and your endorsement is meaningless
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:02 AM »

If you really care to know, I am a lifelong member of the Democratic party.

I was pro-life when I joined the forum; I am no longer (this occurred in the middle of my first Presidency, if this helps to answer your question).  My views haven't changed much in the last three years or so, and I have always at least leaned to the left.

What caused the change?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:58 AM »

I stopped being religious.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2009, 12:09:33 AM »

I was pro-life for a while during high school but I just kind of got out of it because I felt it was too unrealistic of a position and no longer made any sense. Never been religious though.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2009, 12:11:05 AM »

Influential as a whole means who has had the most influence on the game overall over the last year.  You will be hard pressed to find someone whose words have been more important in this game

I would say bgwah is probably the most influential in the last year, although considerably less outspoken. While he didn't post as often as you, he was able to turn out votes that has kept the presidency in the hands of the JCP for a good long time.

I agree that you have brought a lot to the game with the advent of the RPP and I would also agree that you are the lifeblood of the RPP (as I have told people on a number of occasions). But, I think there is some time to go before we enter a conservative era. We have yet to hit an RPP presidency or Senate majority.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »

We've hit an RPP senate majority (or at least 5) and only lost the presidency on a technicality and because, again, I was not there
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »

I was pro-life for a while during high school but I just kind of got out of it because I felt it was too unrealistic of a position and no longer made any sense. Never been religious though.

I was the same way about being pro-life. I was intensely religous for awhile, though, & stopped. As I've said numerous times by now, my views were very different three years ago. If I had joined when I first found the forum, everyone would have ended up hating me really fast. Tongue
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2009, 12:15:50 AM »

We've hit an RPP senate majority (or at least 5) and only lost the presidency on a technicality and because, again, I was not there

I doubt it.  I think if you had been around no DAer would have been on the ticket and you would have lost by a larger margin.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2009, 12:17:46 AM »

That is all well and good, but hardly an era of conservatism. When the RPP holds both the presidency and Senate, that is the era.

I would call this time period the Era of Game Reform or a transition into a possible new Silver Age of Atlasia. It could very well be that by October we see an era of conservatism arrive. In fact, the presence of a rival force of equal power to the JCP is a great spur to the game. I'm just saying don't jump the gun just yet.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:59 AM »

This is simply a balanced era, let's be realistic. JCP and RPP run roughly even in all elections. DA bridges the middle, and often splits their support even among the two larger parties. Senate is going to be balanced 5-5. Presidential election was pretty much a tie. There is no dominance yet.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2009, 12:26:34 AM »

If you were really that influencial, you would not have to brag so much about it here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2009, 01:00:37 AM »

DWDL, once the RPP wins something significant or is in control of the government, then we can call it the "conservative era." Until then, not so much.

And really, the idea that you're so influential that an entire year needs to be named after you is laughable.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2009, 01:07:54 AM »

DWDL, once the RPP wins something significant or is in control of the government, then we can call it the "conservative era." Until then, not so much.

Of that note, I don't think right-wing control has ever happened in Atlasia. The rare right-wing President was tempered by a left-wing Senate, & the rare right-wing Senate was tempered by a left-wing President.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2009, 01:11:12 AM »

Of that note, I don't think right-wing control has ever happened in Atlasia. The rare right-wing President was tempered by a left-wing Senate, & the rare right-wing Senate was tempered by a left-wing President.

Right-wingers couldn't even get their VP picks confirmed by the Senate.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2009, 01:12:21 AM »

Hamilton, are you going out of your way to make people suspicious of you?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2009, 01:12:42 AM »

Hamilton, are you going out of your way to make people suspicious of you?

Yes.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2009, 01:18:09 AM »

Hmm, I've been around almost the entire time. I remember Boss Tweed's first thread that gave birth to the forum, though I was mostly lurking then. I became a registered voter a few months later. I have not changed my registration since March 21st, 2004.

Al, Gustaf, Lewis, and Verin are the only other people I can think of off the top of my head who are still around from that era.

There are some other old timers who still post on the forum (Nym, Supersoulty, Harry, etc) but not in Atlasia.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2009, 03:01:56 AM »

Hmm, I've been around almost the entire time. I remember Boss Tweed's first thread that gave birth to the forum, though I was mostly lurking then. I became a registered voter a few months later. I have not changed my registration since March 21st, 2004.

Al, Gustaf, Lewis, and Verin are the only other people I can think of off the top of my head who are still around from that era.

There are some other old timers who still post on the forum (Nym, Supersoulty, Harry, etc) but not in Atlasia.

Ahem.  Hello.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies