Karl Rove Condemns Bain Attacks as 'Gutter Politics'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:45:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Karl Rove Condemns Bain Attacks as 'Gutter Politics'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Karl Rove Condemns Bain Attacks as 'Gutter Politics'  (Read 4935 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »

I realize that Karl Rove is the Emanuel Goldstein of the political** Left, but can I interrupt the Two Minutes Hate long enough to ask for some verification that he really did eat live puppies here?  Not claims that he "slandered so-and-so with such-and-such" but actual proof?

**For the media Left, it's Andrew Breitbart; for the academic Left, it's David Horowitz.

May I ask what version of the Bush Administration you lived through?

It would've been shorter for you to say, "No, you can't."

Shorter, but less edifying, since you apparently experienced a considerably less scandal-ridden reality than most of us did for a considerable period of time.

In other words, "WhyteRain, I spent a considerable period of time looking for some nefarious deed of Karl Rove that was outside the bounds of the normal push-and-shove of politics and found nothing.  But facts are a bourgeois tool!  Occupy Atlas Forum!"

Karl Rove invented much of the current 'normal push-and-shove of politics'. Check out his work for Bush '94, for example, and his incontinence with sensitive information. What I find interesting is that you don't think the current 'normal push-and-shove' qualifies as gutter politics.

I'm also interested in how you can claim not to be a troll while explicitly comparing 'the Left' (which in the United States is not particularly leftist at all) to Ingsoc.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:04 AM »

I didn't catch that either, but it makes sense considering the tone of the posts the poster makes.

Is it a brown tone?  A monotone?  Is it a Karl Rove tone (to bring the topic back to the OT)?

Or do I just write things that you purposely twist into something nefarious?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2012, 12:14:19 AM »

I didn't catch that either, but it makes sense considering the tone of the posts the poster makes.

Is it a brown tone?  A monotone?  Is it a Karl Rove tone (to bring the topic back to the OT)?

Or do I just write things that you purposely twist into something nefarious?

Tone as clear as Gabriel's horn at the Last Judgment, sir.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2012, 12:21:40 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2012, 12:24:41 AM by WhyteRain »

I realize that Karl Rove is the Emanuel Goldstein of the political** Left, but can I interrupt the Two Minutes Hate long enough to ask for some verification that he really did eat live puppies here?  Not claims that he "slandered so-and-so with such-and-such" but actual proof?

**For the media Left, it's Andrew Breitbart; for the academic Left, it's David Horowitz.

May I ask what version of the Bush Administration you lived through?

It would've been shorter for you to say, "No, you can't."

Shorter, but less edifying, since you apparently experienced a considerably less scandal-ridden reality than most of us did for a considerable period of time.

In other words, "WhyteRain, I spent a considerable period of time looking for some nefarious deed of Karl Rove that was outside the bounds of the normal push-and-shove of politics and found nothing.  But facts are a bourgeois tool!  Occupy Atlas Forum!"

Karl Rove invented much of the current 'normal push-and-shove of politics'. Check out his work for Bush '94, for example, and his incontinence with sensitive information. What I find interesting is that you don't think the current 'normal push-and-shove' qualifies as gutter politics.

Care to elaborate?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In the 15 years or so that I've been on the web, I've never called someone a "troll".  Frankly, the very term has always confused me.  I've looked it up before in online dictionaries.  I can't recall the definition but it seems to refer to someone who makes statements or asks questions that take most other people out of their "comfort zones".  I'm not sure why that's a bad thing (so long as the person isn't being vile or personal.)

In college years ago, I attended a speech by the famous atheist leader Madalyn Murray O'Hair.  One thing I recall her saying that always stuck with me (though I'm afraid I can't remember the context):  "If you asks a conservative, a liberal, and a radical 'What is two-plus-two?', the conservative will tell you that it's three, the liberal will tell you that it's five, but the radical will tell you that the square root of four is two."

I always liked that, because it does seem that conservatives and liberals are at different ends of the same bench, looking at the same shadows on Plato's cave wall.

[modify:]  I just noticed the time; I need to waddle off to bed.
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:42 AM »

the attacks on bain must be working if karl rove says it's a mistake to attack
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »

You can call me a "racist" but don't mess with my nick name.  Reported for moderation.  Ditto for the "CHICAGOCHICAGOCHICAGOCHICAGO psychosexual frenzy" comment that followed my use of the word "Chicago" one time in one comment.

Well ain't you a tough guy, going off to the report button.  Must make you feel safe, being able to purge posters on here for speaking their minds.  How pro-free speech.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:50 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2012, 09:45:54 AM by Sen. Big DaddyTX »

Thanks again guys for reminding me why nobody except the hacks like the 2012 board.

Sad thing is, this is what has happened to the average person involved in politics.  No policy debates anymore, just a "your opponent is a (insert mean adjective here) (insert slander word here) who (insert contemptible action here)!"

I hope this board gets AIDS and dies a slow painful death.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »

I have reported Whyterain for accusing people in the Obama campaign of an overt crime.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 08:53:40 AM »

And I have locked this. Care to know why? Because you kids just can't seem to control yourselves. You guys keep reporting each other back and forth on this thread, and I'm tired of it. Learn how to play nice. Got a problem with it? PM me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies