Columbus, OH police officer fatally shoots 15 year old Black girl (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Columbus, OH police officer fatally shoots 15 year old Black girl (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Columbus, OH police officer fatally shoots 15 year old Black girl  (Read 6786 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 21, 2021, 04:42:50 PM »

This whole controversy is ridiculous. The media is just trying to piggyback off the Floyd story to turn this into a thing and get ratings. She was just about to stab her, that's a sharp enough knife to kill someone. There was no time to do anything else. Regardless of who started the fight the other girl did not appear to be engaging anymore.

This was intervention to save a black person in fact. But as another person said if it had been the other girl who died you'd be hearing crickets right now. Black lives only matter when you can use them to race bait and virtue signal I guess. Ultimately what is being suggested is that he should have stood there and let her get stabbed. She's not one of the black lives that matter I guess.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 12:34:05 PM »

I find it funny how some people expect police officers to be some ninja who can safely disarm someone with a knife with their bear hands.

I've never seen any of the people criticizing this explain how this was supposed to be resolved non-violently. "Hey can you please not stab that person?" Don't think that was going to work.

LeBron is apparently not tired of seeing black people killed by other black people which happens far more often than their getting killed by police and might have happened here had the cop not intervened.

If "activists" cared even half as much when a black person gets killed by a black as they do when its by a white I might take them a bit more seriously but as it stands these things are just excuses to bash whitey. Even if in some instances it is justified like with Chauvin.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »

I find it funny how some people expect police officers to be some ninja who can safely disarm someone with a knife with their bear hands.

I've never seen any of the people criticizing this explain how this was supposed to be resolved non-violently. "Hey can you please not stab that person?" Don't think that was going to work.

LeBron is apparently not tired of seeing black people killed by other black people which happens far more often than their getting killed by police and might have happened here had the cop not intervened.

If "activists" cared even half as much when a black person gets killed by a black as they do when its by a white I might take them a bit more seriously but as it stands these things are just excuses to bash whitey. Even if in some instances it is justified like with Chauvin.

In defense of the activists the issue when it comes to police murder is that they believe justice isn't doled out fairly . Usually if a murderer is found(which is uncommon) they are thereby prosecuted and jaildd. You and I both know that actual miscarriage of justice done by the state is incredibly dangerous. Obviously the problem here is that these activists are braindead .and think anyone killed by the state is injustice. It is valid to focus on unjust police killings due to the mentioned circumstances but they should have actual evidence behind them.

I didn't deny that there are unjustified police shootings and even said the outrage was appropriate for the Floyd/Chauvin incident. The issue here is that they apparently view a black person being stabbed to death by another black person as a preferable outcome to a white police officer coming in and shooting the person doing the stabbing. The operative thing that dictates their reaction is 100% the race of the assailant, not genuine concern about "black lives".

It's the same as the fearmongering about black on white crime you still sometimes see from the right. If you care more about a crime depending on the race of the person who commits it that's racism, full stop.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 03:20:30 PM »

Reading police related shooting threads over the years, it seems to me libertarians care more about loosening poison control regulations than anything related to the militarized police, voter suppression or systematic racism. Always defending the cop. No wonder 99% are white Christians or atheists who think being atheists makes them persecuted.

I've been reading Black Lives Matter threads over the past year, it seems to me activists care more about "abolishing the police" and "killing all white people" than any realistic reform on policing and race relations.  Always defending the victim, even if she had out a knife and was getting ready to kill someone.  No wonder 99% of Twitter SJWs are radicalized individuals who want to destroy America.

Generally agree with the post but I really think it's a stretch to call someone who got shot while trying to stab someone a "victim". It's obviously sad that someone so young threw her life away like that but what happened was not unjust.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies