Battleground states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:45:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Battleground states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with this map?
yes

no

other answer

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Battleground states  (Read 2509 times)
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« on: March 30, 2007, 04:41:46 PM »

Virginia, Arizona, Missouri, Colorado, Arkansas and Florida are in no way, shape, or form going Democratic in 2008, especially with candidates like Hillary, Edwards, or Obama.  The only foreseeable way I can see Democrats picking up a state like VA is if they nominate a right-wing Democrat like Zell Miller with Jim Webb as VP, and even that would be a tough sell in solid Republican states like VA or CO.

The states to watch in 2008 are Wisconsin, PA, Ohio, and possibly New Jersey (presuming Rudy gets the GOP nod).

Since the new battlegrounds are traditionally blue Democratic states, it is going to be extremeley difficult (and unlikely) for liberal, Northeastern Democratic senators like Obama or Hillary to capture the White House in 2008, even if Republicans nominate a poor candidate like Mitt Romney or Fred Thompson

Coupled with that, Democrats are vastly over-estimating the Iraq war, Bush's low approval ratings, and the 2006 Democratic takeover of Congress as somehow "indicating" that this translates into an easy White House victory in 2008.  I predict there are going to be some very dissappointed Demcorats on November 3, 2008. 
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »

Mikey is a joke poster, guys...

No, its just that I'm a realist and I say things people don't want to hear.  Now go back and suck Hillary's shlong
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:38:34 AM »

Mikey is a joke poster, guys...

No, its just that I'm a realist and I say things people don't want to hear.  Now go back and suck Hillary's shlong

You just accused Rob of being a Hillary supporter?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAA!!!!

YOU ARE A F**KING IDIOT.

my, my.  If I'm such a "troll" then why do you, Jturd, Beano69 lurk in the shadows and wait until I post something and then come out of the woodwork with such naughty, hurtful words.  and yes, according to some of the posters on this forum, if you have a "D" by your name, then you MUST support Queen Hillary or else you're nothing but a troll and a fake Democrat

Now you and Rob go back to sucking Hillary's shlong like good little sheep that you are
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies