Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:42:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight?  (Read 955 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: September 19, 2021, 07:53:41 AM »
« edited: September 20, 2021, 07:46:19 AM by muon2 »

Boston-Dublin-Paris-Lyon is the only one that comes to mind, but yes. Everything went fine until I got to Lyon, where Air France misplaced my luggage for two days.

Ah yes, the famous Paris Charles de Gaulle-Lyon Saint Exupéry connection that has to be made on all intercontinental trips to Lyon by plane.

I had to do that one twice I believe.

What did you think of Lyon? Other than for the lost baggage ofc

I had a conference in Lyon in 2000, I found the city delightful. The food was extraordinary, and strolling around the old city was a pleasant way to spend time after meetings. I did use the LYS-CDG connection on my return, but I met with colleagues in Munich prior to the conference, and flew to Lyon from there on Air Littoral.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 08:23:31 AM »

I live near O'Hare so double connections are rare. I have however had some notable ones.

Both my return flights from Moscow, USSR required 3 segments:
1989 SVO-CDG (Air France); CDG-JFK (Pan Am); JFK-ORD (Pan Am)
1990 SVO-CDG (Aeroflot); CDG-STL (TWA); STL-ORD (TWA)

Reaching my last two states each ended up with 3 segment flights:
HI 2018 ORD-SEA (Alaska); SEA-SFO-KOA (United)
AK 2020 ORD-MSP-SEA-FAI (Delta, it was booked as ORD-MSP-FAI, but the stop in SEA was added when MSP-FAI was eliminated due to Covid-19)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 08:53:36 AM »

Here's a related post from 2017, which isn't my travels, but was all done in one day within the contiguous 48 states.

On my last flight I was next to a woman returning home to the Catskills from a visit to family on a farm in eastern MT. Her flights that day went Glasgow-Billings-Denver-Chicago-Albany with significant drives at both ends. Yet she managed it all on one day.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 08:27:37 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2021, 05:51:52 PM by muon2 »

Most of the multi-connection flights here are intercontinental. Here are two relatively short ones within the US I took.

In 2015 I was in Springfield IL for a meeting on a Thursday morning (after watching a Cards game in St Louis the previous night) and I had a meeting the next morning in Vail CO. I found an afternoon departure from SPI with two connections so I could get to Vail the same night. The flight went SPI-ORD-DEN-EGE and was only 1182 miles.

I had a parade in Batavia IL that Sunday so my return flight on Saturday was only to Chicago. However, the DEN-ORD flight was overbooked, and I volunteered to be bumped to a flight that changed planes in the Twin Cities. That gave me a two-connection return flight EGE-DEN-MSP-ORD that was even shorter at 1134 miles.

I still had to get back to Springfield for my car and a Tuesday meeting. So I took the Metra rail and Amtrak for my final leg. My post on the Which Congressional Districts thread expressed my thoughts at the time.

I had a busy weekend.

CO-1,2,3,6,7
IL-3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18
MN-5
MO-1

Total: 16 22
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies