Libertarians who do you support for President? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:30:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Libertarians who do you support for President? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Rand Paul

Gary Johnson

Other (please specify)

Not a libertarian but would like to vote anyways

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Libertarians who do you support for President?  (Read 2793 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: January 30, 2016, 07:23:06 PM »

TRUMP

EDIT: Real libertarians support TRUMP.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 07:26:32 PM »

My support goes like this: Paul --> Cruz --> Johnson (or Libertarian nominee).

Rand Pauls is not a true libertarian. His positions are too conservative. What turns me off is his social conservatism. Cruz is similar.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 08:09:15 PM »

Those are all anarchists.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 08:12:17 PM »

Anarchists want to bring down the government and social structure. Libertarians want a constitution and government and social structure to protect personal and economic liberties.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »

Anarchists want to bring down the government and social structure. Libertarians want a constitution and government and social structure to protect personal and economic liberties.
lol read a book

What book?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 03:54:00 AM »

I consider myself libertarian. But this election is different. If Trump is the nominee, then I'll vote for the Democrat, be it Hillary or Bernie.

What do you find objectionable about TRUMP?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 07:09:32 AM »

Take three guesses, the first two don't count. Smiley

I'm supporting Rand until he either wins or (MUCH more likely, I hate to say) drops out. At that point I'll almost definitely support the Libertarian Party nominee, and I think that should be Gary Johnson.

Also, holy crap, lefty anarchists are NOT "true libertarians." How the fudge can you have liberty without property rights? You can't smoke weed if the Party takes it away, guys. Liberty is nothing without economic liberty--like it or not, if you take away the right to economic liberty everything else will follow. That's just how it works. A government, or any centralized source of power, can NOT have anything near full control over wealth/property without infringing on our other rights.

One last thing: real libertarians--hell, even pseudo-libertarians--do NOT support Donald J. Trump, the candidate Ron Paul called "almost the opposite of a libertarian." Trump is ridiculously un-libertarian.

Almost all of the Trump votes in this poll are troll votes. We all know that.

Left anarchists are not libertarians. I agree with that.

But can you please explain why TRUMP is un-libertarian?
Also, please compare him with the Democratic candidates (Clinton and Sanders) and Bloomberg.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 11:01:35 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 11:13:40 AM by Ljube »

I consider myself libertarian. But this election is different. If Trump is the nominee, then I'll vote for the Democrat, be it Hillary or Bernie.

What do you find objectionable about TRUMP?

I hate to do this, because it annoys me when people try to put this extreme label on American politicians when there is no evidence to support it.....but he is just a little too close to Hitler. In fact, he is the most Hitler-esque person this country has come to electing to its highest office. He's an authoritarian, and there really is no argument you can make to convince me otherwise. The facts are all there.

He's a racist. He has no respect for women or minorities, whatsoever. Forcing a group of people to wear badges and/or register into a database purely based on their race or religion--yea, I can't go along with that no matter what. Furthermore, going into their mosques to accomplish this? The government has no business being there; it's a clear violation of the separation of church and state.

Government surveillance is (or should be) a big issue for libertarians and this man will increase it.

He's too insulting. Can you imagine this guy trying to be diplomatic with other world leaders? I get it, campaigns often run negative. But he takes it to a whole other level. His supporters all say they like him "cuz he speaks his mind" but that's total bs. If I say they're an ignorant, uneducated redneck does that make it okay, since I'm only speaking my mind?

He incites hatred. There's a video of a Trump rally of a Muslim women simply standing...not saying a word...just standing there...in a silent protest, and look at the way his crowd of supporters react to her. It's gross. He brings out the worst in people, and it's a very scary sight.

I've never voted for a Democrat for president, but 2016 will be the first election that I do. I don't want to see my country fall back. Say what you will about Hillary, but she at least cares about the country. She won't totally destroy everything that makes this nation great. Trump only cares about himself; he'll sacrifice principles if it benefits him. How this is not apparent to anyone, I don't know.

Strange you would go to such lengths to explain what you dislike about TRUMP. In fact, you and I and everybody on this forum know there is no way TRUMP would ever do any of that.

TRUMP is a social LIBERAL from New York. He hasn't evolved. He's not a racist. He is no Hitler.
He has just decided to win the GOP nomination by tapping into previously ignored bigoted part of the population. These people never vote. TRUMP is going to get them out in force. It’s all his act. His ploy to get those votes.

Since I find it difficult to believe you think any of TRUMP's antics are for real, my only conclusion is that you are one of those Type Beta characters who hate TRUMP's tactics and discourse, or are offended by it.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 02:13:55 PM »

Both arguments are valid and depend on the definition of when human life starts - at conception, or at birth.

However, forcing a woman to carry a baby for nine months to term is a form of forced servitude, so it could be objected from that position regardless of one's beliefs on when life begins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies