AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:38:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 45168 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« on: November 08, 2020, 10:45:53 PM »

It will be Kimberly Yee if republicans are smart. It will make the suburban wine moms come home, right lfromnj?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 12:49:10 PM »

Guys, there is no such thing as an economic moderate in the GOP. Every single one will screw labor at every opportunity and every single one will sign up for the long term plan to privatize everything that isn’t nailed down.

That is the entire point of the Republican project.
Unfortunately the voters continue to fall for it
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 11:22:28 AM »

This is the guy who people think is prime to beat Kelly?

Yes. He's still a better candidate than Oz and Walker
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 09:12:26 PM »

This is pretty interesting, as Masters is one of very few Republican candidates who’s trying to make government overreach in the context of COVID-19 a key theme of his campaign. He’s also pivoting away from Trump -

After a bruising primary campaign, Arizona Republican Senate nominee Blake Masters and his team are seeking to center his general election against Democratic incumbent Sen. Mark Kelly on what they term as “cultural issues,” immigration, inflation and COVID-19, among other topics.

A recent Masters speech at a Turning Point Action event, where he was joined by GOP gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, suggests he sees latent frustration at the lockdowns and mask mandates of two years ago as an issue that could attract voters in November.

Masters never once mentioned politically divisive former President Donald Trump, whose endorsement he promoted until winning the Republican primary. Instead, he talked about the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new COVID-19 guidelines, which eliminate isolation restrictions for unvaccinated people.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2022/08/20/senate-hopeful-blake-masters-aims-government-overreach-covid-19/10341704002/
And people think democrats are going to hold the senate? Give me a break!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 10:50:35 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Lake overperforms masters lol. To my knowledge, she hasn't advocated for getting rid of social security or banning birth control
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 01:46:18 PM »

McConnell super PAC pulling out of Arizona.

UPDATE: They've only canceled half of their buy, still not a vote of confidence but not pulling out entirely.

MT Treasurer is right, GOP officials are incompetent. But hey, I'm not gonna complain lol
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 09:40:53 AM »

Don't have cable but please don't spam people's youtube like Mark Kelly does.
Has he tried to walk back his statements on SS? That's the most damaging thing to him I think
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 01:21:00 PM »

Im Blake Masters and I want attention! So I'm going to say the most controversial things possible!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 05:25:53 PM »

Interestingly, Dobbs may have saved Masters in AZ. He has polled a bit better (still clearly behind) since moderating on abortion (and entitlements to a lesser degree).
He's on tape saying he supports abolishing Social Security. He can backtrack all he wants but Kelly is going to keep pouncing on him for it
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 06:53:13 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 07:06:20 PM by RussFeingoldWasRobbed »

Interestingly, Dobbs may have saved Masters in AZ. He has polled a bit better (still clearly behind) since moderating on abortion (and entitlements to a lesser degree).
If the Dobbs affect were to happen in Arizona, it would be benefitting Hobbs because abortion is now handled at the state level not federal, yet it seems that it is not materializing. Masters is running positive ads about himself, while Kelly is on the attack. Almost every time I try to watch a youtube video I get one of the "Blake Masters not for us" ads. There were some positive Kelly ads over the summer but they've disappeared. Masters is not polling good, but I'm hopeful because he is doing better than McSally was at this point in 2020.
No kidding, which is why I think the Dobbs effect is overrated. If it was stronger, Hobbs would be leading by 4-5 points by now because Lake is so toxic
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 02:24:49 PM »

OK now I'm convinced he's running because he wants to be famous and for no other reason. This is ridiculous
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies