February Federalist Party Convention - Welcome to Miami! (Results) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:59:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  February Federalist Party Convention - Welcome to Miami! (Results) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: February Federalist Party Convention - Welcome to Miami! (Results)  (Read 2471 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: January 25, 2023, 03:28:25 PM »

X WM
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 05:35:32 PM »

I am seeking the party's endorsement for re-election.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 01:50:26 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2023, 02:05:41 PM by West_Midlander »

On behalf of the Tack/Laki ticket, requesting an endorsement. As senator (and VP candidate) i've shown a willingness to cross lines and listen to independent or other-minded voices, and we've been able to cooperate well wherever I believed that was justified or wherever our ideas were in line each other. On top of that, in the senate we've often been able to compromise even if initially we were not on the same page. No-one on the ticket has been tainted by the Kansas Crisis and we promise if elected that we will govern the republic in a decent, respectful and reasonable way.

Laki,

Tack said this today (below):

Many Federalists are not [honorable]. They...attack the working class and the most vulnerable...and even undermine the independence of our institutions.

I know you have carried yourself as a multipartisan Senator and you were elected with cross-party support but the top person on your ticket has utter contempt for this party. Why should we consider supporting this candidacy in earnest?

"Reaching out" to us in this way seems like posturing since Tack has little regard for this party or its members and since you recommended that post of his, and you are in fact running with him. You pointed to your own independence in the Senate but Tack's only claim to the same is opposing the Kansas invaders at the last moment, something that was a common sense issue for those wishing to remain active in the game.

How can I expect your ticket, if elected, to serve "decent[ly]" and "respectfully" when the top of your ticket began his campaign on the attack?

EDIT: I might also add that a blanket attack on this party is a lazy fear-mongering tactic, especially when our party is far from uniform and when Federalists split between abstentions, nays, and ayes on legislation not infrequently.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 06:22:00 AM »

Official Ballot:

President/VP
[1] Joseph Cao/Reagan Clinton
[2] Tack/Laki

At-Large Senate
[3] WestMidlander
[1] LouisvilleThunder
[2] OSR

[4] Spiral
[5] Lawer

Lincoln Regional Senate
[X] Ninja

Fremont Regional Senate
[X] Scott

Fremont First Minister
[X] Ishan

Fremont Parliament
[X] ASV
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 06:46:19 PM »

Nominating Carson City
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 06:14:46 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2023, 07:02:58 AM by West_Midlander »

This will last 72 hours and is for all registered Federalists.

Official Ballot
Chair:
[1] NC Yankee

Vice Chair:
[1] LouisvilleThunder

Convention Cities:
[3] Cleveland, OH
[5] Akron, OH
[4] Carson City, NV
[2] Kalamazoo, Michigan
[1] Write-in: Nuuk, Greenland
Pages: [1]