Afghan government collapse. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:25:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Afghan government collapse. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will the Afghani people be worse or better off with the US leaving ?
Better

Worse

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: Afghan government collapse.  (Read 29160 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: August 13, 2021, 03:06:25 AM »

Truly fantastic news. Very excited for the future of Afghanistan under secure, clean, stable, and development orientated government.

To stick a further eye in the monstrous empire that raped their mation for two decades, I hope the Taliban officially declares victory/independence on September 11, 2021, so the rest of the world can celebrate 9/11 each year as a day of independence from imperialism.
What a terrible post, Why does atlas let sh**t trolls like this fester?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 11:46:09 AM »

I suspect that the Taliban are interested in retaining at least some ‘intellectual resources’, given that a Taliban ruled Afghanistan will still require doctors, engineers, jurists, finance people etc etc. On the other hand, the problem faced by most Western countries at the moment is arguably an overabundance of ‘intellectual resources’, ie graduates who cannot find work commensurate to the qualifications that they have received. Rather than exacerbating this problem (in the long term) by taking in the intellectual cast offs of Afghanistan, a better policy would be to redirect currently un and underemployed domestic graduates into graduate fields (medicine, engineering et al) where the demand cannot currently be met purely from domestic sources.
I don't think you realize but the Taliban are on living like it's the middle ages. They don't need doctor's, already have their religious scholars to serve as jurist nor do they care much if the infrastructure falls into despair. Their theocratic views reject any mordernization they aren't forced to accept by nesseciaty like mobile phones or weapons.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 11:47:05 AM »

The population of Afghanistan is only 40 million.  Time is obviously an issue, but the west could easily get the 'best and brightest' Afghanis out over several months.  I think Canada could easily take 50,000 Afghan refugees and immigrants.

This is especially true for the Afghani women.  The Taliban don't want them, and I think most Canadians would welcome them with open arms. That's a win-win.

So basically steal all of the intellectual resources from the country which will set them even further back from the rest of the world? What type of neo-colonialist nonsense is that?

First of all, what makes you think you have the right to do such a thing and second what makes you think Canadians want 50,000 Afghanis just dumped in their country? Incredibly arrogant policy, my lord.....
The Taliban have made it quite clear what their view on education is espeicaly that of the female gender. They deserve to be protected.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 10:07:56 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2021, 10:36:39 AM by Secretary of State Liberal Hack »

At the end of the day, if the Taliban can keep the streets safe, the shops stocked and the lights on, many will tolerate the other stuff.
They did precisely none of that in their previous rule of the country. I don't know why people pretend that Taliban governance is unknowable, we know they don't get the trains to run on time. Their governance was farcical and one of the most incompetent in the world.

There's a reason that the us was able to initaly take over the country with about special forces, local allies and air support. They didn't exactly have a solid hold of the country.

Now they've learned from their mistakes and their long years of hiding and fighting has taught them some very sharp lessons. I'd doubt those lessons will carry into peacetime governance.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 07:43:58 PM »

It is also being reported that Dostum is bribing - with serious money - 'national' 'army' helicopter pilots and others with access to kit and some technical ability to defect to his personal militia.

How the f is Dostum still alive and active as a player Huh
He's one of the few people who can't surrender without a quick bullet to the head at best. The Taliban hate him after he lo led thousands of them in cargo containers to suffocate in the Afghani sun.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 01:08:21 AM »

These thugs should be diplomatically isolated again, and include their Pakistani sponsors this time too.
Pakistan is now starting to regret backing the Taliban. A bit late for that now though.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 01:40:14 AM »

At the end of the day, if the Taliban can keep the streets safe, the shops stocked and the lights on, many will tolerate the other stuff.
They did precisely none of that in their previous rule of the country. I don't know why people pretend that Taliban governance is unknowable, we know they don't get the trains to run on time. Their governance was farcical and one of the most incompetent in the world.

There's a reason that the us was able to initaly take over the country with about special forces, local allies and air support. They didn't exactly have a solid hold of the country.

Now they've learned from their mistakes and their long years of hiding and fighting has taught them some very sharp lessons. I'd doubt those lessons will carry into peacetime governance.

Afghanistan doesn't actually have any passenger trains to run on time.
They have short sections of rail-road. Maybe china will be dumb enough to invest in building a railroad there.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 04:48:12 AM »

This is a complete fiasco caused entirely by the Biden Administrations poor policies and inability to plan for the withdrawal. The evacuation of interprets and other local staff should have started much earlier and the embassy should have been massively scaled down .I am normally a fan of his administration's policies but he has completely botched the withdrawal process here. There was no need for chaos at the airport or for people to be clutching to the wings of taking off planes, he needs to take responsibility and publicaly outline a plan to evacuate everyone from the aiport. He should also address the nation tonight instead of waiting and take some actual responsibility, suspend the pointless paperwork and formalities.

There was no need for this to become a Saigon but his poor policies have caused it.

IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 10:11:54 AM »

Almost certainly the handiwork of Isis-k, get's to hit their top 2 enemies the Taliban and the US at the same time.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 11:26:43 PM »

So... here's an interesting back-story regarding the Younger Brother of Massoud Sr.  which I was not aware of previously, but as Karzai's VP absconded with tons of cash from Afghanistan.

This is from a seasoned reporter for The Times (UK), who seems like he knows his s**t.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Zia_Massoud

I mean you can't really blame someone who died for something their brother did after they died.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies