VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:10:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 164526 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« on: October 30, 2017, 09:07:50 PM »

Big unforced error for Northam with this ad: https://twitter.com/latinovictoryus/status/924972736996364289

Not directly from the Northam campaign, but its getting a ton of traction online. Its sad that Northam is sinking to the same level as Gillespie with this fear-mongering.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:43:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/geoffreyvs/status/925906866164719621

Another minor controversy in an increasingly bad week for Ralph Northam.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/925914771949604864

The story that keeps on hurting.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »

The truck ad was half of that money. And the campaign still had to approve it, or go through the motions of approving it, as the law states.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 10:29:00 PM »

You really need to stop looking for "worrying signs" of Northam blowing it on Twitter. It's not healthy

Each of these events in particular isn't going to destroy Northam. Its when they build up, controversy after controversy, national media latches on, narratives are formed, campaigns continue to stumble, than it worsens. Basically what happened to Hillary last year.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 10:33:55 PM »

You really need to stop looking for "worrying signs" of Northam blowing it on Twitter. It's not healthy

Each of these events in particular isn't going to destroy Northam. Its when they build up, controversy after controversy, national media latches on, narratives are formed, campaigns continue to stumble, than it worsens. Basically what happened to Hillary last year.

dude no one give a flyin f**k about this ad outside of people who are twitter politics nerds who already had their minds up. the media is hardly even covering it. you have to look it up. It's not on any main pages of any Virginia news sites. Normal people are only hearing about the terror attack and the indictments.

Northern Virginia has more "twitter politics nerds" than anywhere else in the country.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 10:35:04 PM »

From my perch up in Ohio, I can confidently assure you the national media isn't saying boo about this race, much less some dumb ad.

You're right about the coverage on the ad, but there's literally been 65 "democrats panic in Virginia" stories in the past month.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 10:39:00 PM »

LimoLiberal bro you need to CALM DOWN.

And if you're upset, go volunteer. Knock on some doors, make some calls, talk to your friends and loved ones about voting, have them make plans to vote.

My house is literally a democratic canvass center. Don't wanna say more that could dox myself (not like anybody cares). You're right about being upset, I just feel like there's been misstep after misstep with the Northam campaign, along with simplistic media coverage and the cynicism that Virginians will buy in to Gillespie's racism. Gonna go to bed now, hope there's a poll or something tomorrow.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 08:05:39 PM »

Holy...

https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/926242913545269248

Disastrous.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »

I mean, Northam is probably going to lose at this point. He has had a disastrous last week of campaigning. The first gubernatorial election lost on an issue not even present in the state -  sanctuary cities.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »

People aren't talking about this race enough... sure it was 12 years ago but it had similar dynamics.
  • Unpopular Republican president
  • Moderate, uncharismatic democratic candidate
  • Close polling in the end
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »

Lol at our dual posts, Greedo.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 06:09:56 PM by LimoLiberal »

I made about one-hundred calls into NOVA today, a little over one-hundred to be exact. There's great enthusiasm amongst moderates and independents for Ed specifically in the Loudon County area. If you want to make calls for Ed, just send me a PM and I'll link you up!

Can't even spell Loudoun county right.

Just canvassed in Arlington. Huge enthusiasm for Northam, everybody voting or already voted. I have seen literally no signs of a campaign presence for Gillespie, not one sign in the medians, and only a few yard signs scattered throughout the county. Still think he's going to win though, based off recent events.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »

I made about one-hundred calls into NOVA today, a little over one-hundred to be exact. There's great enthusiasm amongst moderates and independents for Ed specifically in the Loudon County area. If you want to make calls for Ed, just send me a PM and I'll link you up!

Just canvassed in Arlington. Huge enthusiasm for Northam, everybody voting or already voted. I have seen literally no signs of a campaign presence for Gillespie, not one sign on in the medians, and only a few yard signs scattered throughout the county. Still think he's going to win though, based off recent events.

I say this seriously, thank you both for taking part directly for your respective campaigns. It's wuite admirable that each of you feel that passionately about your caniddates and that's what makes America great. I always feel bad for the workers on a losing campaign who gave so much of their own time, often with little reward.

Thanks.

What if Northam lost by a few hundred votes? It's happened before (MN 2008, FL 2000). In that case, I would never forgive myself for not canvassing and helping, when I could've made a tangible difference. That's why I work for the candidates I like, even if they stumble in their campaigns and polling.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 07:05:46 PM »

Just canvassed in Arlington. Huge enthusiasm for Northam, everybody voting or already voted. I have seen literally no signs of a campaign presence for Gillespie, not one sign in the medians, and only a few yard signs scattered throughout the county. Still think he's going to win though, based off recent events.
You mean Northam?
No, Gillespie. I'm pessimistic, though maybe not as certain of a Gillespie win as I was yesterday.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »

Looks like the swath of rain is going right through NOVA or a little south Tuesday afternoon and night. Bad news for Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies