VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:47:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 161595 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: November 04, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »

Why the heck is this Race so close?

Ed Gillespie is doing the trumpian strategy to win and increase turnout amongst republican rural and suburban voters to win by appealing to racial sentiments without it being overtly racist.

Oh just stop. The only racism we have seen on display was the Northam camp smearing rural voters as uneducated hateful murderous hicks - which has become the accepted bigotry of the modern democratic party.

Your party has endorsed marxist identity politics - an ideology that seeks to create a society of status based hierarchy along racial and gender lines. It's unbelievably toxic and racist. It attempts to create tiered citizenship status with tiered rights based on race, gender, and perceived grievances.

Your party routinely accuses white people of having 'white privilege'. Your party tells them that they can't wear certain outfits for Halloween or dress a certain way because of 'appropriation'. Your party accuses them of being inherently racists. Your party tells them to 'check your privilege' whenever they are suffering and dare to voice their complaints. Your party is constantly telling them that white men are the cause of every single problem in the world.

So don't get mad when they abandon your party in droves. Your party decided to make them public enemy number one. Whites aren't leaving democrats so much as democrats are purging them out.

what the f**k kind of tone-deaf self-pitying bulls**t did i just read
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1751 on: November 04, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 06:02:07 PM by Benedicamus Domino »

I made about one-hundred calls into NOVA today, a little over one-hundred to be exact. There's great enthusiasm amongst moderates and independents for Ed specifically in the Loudoun County area. If you want to make calls for Ed, just send me a PM and I'll link you up!
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1752 on: November 04, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 06:09:56 PM by LimoLiberal »

I made about one-hundred calls into NOVA today, a little over one-hundred to be exact. There's great enthusiasm amongst moderates and independents for Ed specifically in the Loudon County area. If you want to make calls for Ed, just send me a PM and I'll link you up!

Can't even spell Loudoun county right.

Just canvassed in Arlington. Huge enthusiasm for Northam, everybody voting or already voted. I have seen literally no signs of a campaign presence for Gillespie, not one sign in the medians, and only a few yard signs scattered throughout the county. Still think he's going to win though, based off recent events.
BundouYMB

« Reply #1753 on: November 04, 2017, 06:02:18 PM »

Ed Gillespie is doing the trumpian strategy to win and increase turnout amongst republican rural and suburban voters to win by appealing to racial sentiments without it being overtly racist.

Oh just stop. The only racism we have seen on display was the Northam camp smearing rural voters as uneducated hateful murderous hicks - which has become the accepted bigotry of the modern democratic party.

Your party has endorsed marxist identity politics - an ideology that seeks to create a society of status based hierarchy along racial and gender lines. It's unbelievably toxic and racist. It attempts to create tiered citizenship status with tiered rights based on race, gender, and perceived grievances.

Your party routinely accuses white people of having 'white privilege'. Your party tells them that they can't wear certain outfits for Halloween or dress a certain way because of 'appropriation'. Your party accuses them of being inherently racists. Your party tells them to 'check your privilege' whenever they are suffering and dare to voice their complaints. Your party is constantly telling them that white men are the cause of every single problem in the world.

So don't get mad when they abandon your party in droves. Your party decided to make them public enemy number one. Whites aren't leaving democrats so much as democrats are purging them out.

Opposing racism is racism! Great hot take.

I guess it's impossible to be a Republican nowadays though without thinking up is down and left is right.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1754 on: November 04, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »

I made about one-hundred calls into NOVA today, a little over one-hundred to be exact. There's great enthusiasm amongst moderates and independents for Ed specifically in the Loudon County area. If you want to make calls for Ed, just send me a PM and I'll link you up!

Just canvassed in Arlington. Huge enthusiasm for Northam, everybody voting or already voted. I have seen literally no signs of a campaign presence for Gillespie, not one sign on in the medians, and only a few yard signs scattered throughout the county. Still think he's going to win though, based off recent events.

I say this seriously, thank you both for taking part directly for your respective campaigns. It's wuite admirable that each of you feel that passionately about your caniddates and that's what makes America great. I always feel bad for the workers on a losing campaign who gave so much of their own time, often with little reward.

Thanks.

What if Northam lost by a few hundred votes? It's happened before (MN 2008, FL 2000). In that case, I would never forgive myself for not canvassing and helping, when I could've made a tangible difference. That's why I work for the candidates I like, even if they stumble in their campaigns and polling.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1755 on: November 04, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »

Personally, I'm not willing to start digging Northam's grave while Trafalgar still has him up. Republican or not, their record has been remarkably good these last 12 months.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1756 on: November 04, 2017, 06:10:40 PM »

Just canvassed in Arlington. Huge enthusiasm for Northam, everybody voting or already voted. I have seen literally no signs of a campaign presence for Gillespie, not one sign in the medians, and only a few yard signs scattered throughout the county. Still think he's going to win though, based off recent events.
Thank you for correcting my spelling error.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1757 on: November 04, 2017, 06:17:22 PM »

Just canvassed in Arlington. Huge enthusiasm for Northam, everybody voting or already voted. I have seen literally no signs of a campaign presence for Gillespie, not one sign on in the medians, and only a few yard signs scattered throughout the county. Still think he's going to win though, based off recent events.

I say this seriously, thank you both for taking part directly for your respective campaigns. It's wuite admirable that each of you feel that passionately about your caniddates and that's what makes America great. I always feel bad for the workers on a losing campaign who gave so much of their own time, often with little reward.

Thanks.

What if Northam lost by a few hundred votes? It's happened before (MN 2008, FL 2000). In that case, I would never forgive myself for not canvassing and helping, when I could've made a tangible difference. That's why I work for the candidates I like, even if they stumble in their campaigns and polling.

Honestly, there’s only so much you can do. As PNM said, working for campaigns truly is something great. I had the chance to work on the Rubio campaign’s local office, and I’ll never forget it. But in the end, if your candidate loses, don’t stress yourself out about what you could have done. It’s much better to look toward the future for an opportunity to push for a new candidate to succeed.
Duke of York

« Reply #1758 on: November 04, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »

You mean Northam?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1759 on: November 04, 2017, 07:02:38 PM »

I feel like the Northam decline is being a little overhyped nationally in relation to what may actually be the effect in Virginia. I still expect Northam to win by a few points, but I can't say that I'm not at least nervous now.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1760 on: November 04, 2017, 07:05:46 PM »

You mean Northam?
No, Gillespie. I'm pessimistic, though maybe not as certain of a Gillespie win as I was yesterday.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1761 on: November 04, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »

If Northam loses he has only himself to blame. Ever since tying Gillespie to White Supremacists with that horrendous AD of him his Poll Numbers were tumbling down.

Still think he is going to win in a squeaker.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1762 on: November 04, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »

If Northam loses he has only himself to blame. Ever since tying Gillespie to White Supremacists with that horrendous AD of him his Poll Numbers were tumbling down.

No, that's fine.

Going crazy about the topic abortion in NOVA alone rather than a good strike at the asinine tax plan and skipping he Buena Vista Labor Day Parade...not fine.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1763 on: November 04, 2017, 07:43:28 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 07:46:32 PM by Mr.Phips »

His problem was that Dems tried to clumsily disavow the ad.  Dems should have stuck by the ad like Republicans would have and moved on to other things.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1764 on: November 04, 2017, 07:50:11 PM »

The last few pages of this thread will look so ridiculous when Northam inevitably wins by 5 points
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1765 on: November 04, 2017, 07:51:31 PM »

The last few pages of this thread will look so ridiculous when Northam inevitably wins by 5 points

I think the door has closed on that.  I still have him winning, but I would be quite surprised if he wins bigger than McAuliffe at this point.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1766 on: November 04, 2017, 07:52:16 PM »

As a preface to this post about early voting, I'll just add that I think this data should not be used heavily for predictive purposes, but that we shouldn't ignore it. It's useful info, and it's out there.

Michael McDonald from Elect Project points out some interesting early vote numbers regarding a Latino area:

Michael McDonald‏ @ElectProject  49m49 minutes ago
Replying to @ElectProject
I find this the most fascinating stat of Virginia's early vote. Latinos getting woke would be an election game changer

Michael McDonald‏ @ElectProject  1h1 hour ago
Manassas City (2017 is 223% of the 2013 early vote) and Manassas Park (205%), localities with a significant Latino community, have the largest percent increases of any Virginia localities relative to 2013

He also said in some other tweets that he guesses the early voting is 7% of the total vote, and doesn't contradict the polling showing a small Northam lead.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1767 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:37 PM »

so dumb people on twitter/tumblr are now the democratic party? that's just dumb dude. cut it with the garbage propaganda. none of the politicians say stuff like this.

i wouldn't say gillepsie is being racist, but why are his advertisements a civil war reenactment as opposed to talking about how to actually help the lives of Virginians? gop being the party of civil war reenactors as opposed to coming up with policies that help americans like me has help turn me off pretty hard from them.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1768 on: November 04, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »

No, that's fine.

Going crazy about the topic abortion in NOVA alone rather than a good strike at the asinine tax plan and skipping he Buena Vista Labor Day Parade...not fine.

Yup he running a bad campaign and gonna lose cuz he snubbed people who voted for Clinton in a town that cast about 2000 votes

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/statesub.php?off=0&year=2016&elect=0&evt=S&f=0&fips=51530&submit=Retrieve

Might I remind you that Tim Kaine and T-Mac were in much less precarious positions in 2012 and 2013 respectively than Northam is now? And yet they did it.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1769 on: November 04, 2017, 08:08:22 PM »

No, that's fine.

Yup he running a bad campaign and gonna lose cuz he snubbed people who voted for Clinton in a town that cast about 2000 votes

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/statesub.php?off=0&year=2016&elect=0&evt=S&f=0&fips=51530&submit=Retrieve

Might I remind you that Tim Kaine and T-Mac were in much less precarious positions in 2012 and 2013 respectively than Northam is now? And yet they did it.

Not true

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/va/virginia_senate_allen_vs_kaine-1833.html

Yes, the 2005 Kaine/Allen race is the best hope for Dem overperformance here. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1770 on: November 04, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »

No, that's fine.

Not true

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/va/virginia_senate_allen_vs_kaine-1833.html

I'd say that the 2012 Kaine/Allen race was a bit different because we knew that if Obama won Virginia, so would Kaine.  There was almost no worry about turnout issues like there are now.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1771 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:51 PM »

No, that's fine.

Not true

You mean Kaine v. Kilgore?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1772 on: November 04, 2017, 08:20:12 PM »

No, that's fine.

Not true

That too. Kaine only led in RCP by 3 and won by 6 in 2005

The trajectory in the 2005 race was the opposite though.  Kilgore had the lead up until around 10/20 and then after that, polls started showing Kaine ahead.  Kaine went into election day with clear momentum unlike Northam.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1773 on: November 04, 2017, 08:21:27 PM »

Momentum is not a real thing.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1774 on: November 04, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »

No, that's fine.

Not true

That too. Kaine only led in RCP by 3 and won by 6 in 2005

The trajectory in the 2005 race was the opposite though.  Kilgore had the lead up until around 10/20 and then after that, polls started showing Kaine ahead.  Kaine went into election day with clear momentum unlike Northam.

Oops, no, I meant 2012.  VA was showing as statistically tied for both Obama/Romney and Kaine/Allen, with a lot of "momentum" for Republicans in October.  Then all of the Dems win by 4-6 despite the tied polling.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies