Desantis: Queer Theory is not apart of black history (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Desantis: Queer Theory is not apart of black history (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Desantis: Queer Theory is not apart of black history  (Read 1525 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« on: January 23, 2023, 02:30:35 PM »

Based Italians for the win
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 03:27:24 PM »

He's not wrong per se but this is the sort of argument for insufferable people on Twitter. It's not something a Governor needs to be focusing on.

I agree
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 04:41:27 PM »

Wow, this guy’s campaign is really going to be a disaster, isn’t it? This whole thing sounds like the rambling of a lunatic to a normal voter. Why is the governor of the third largest state micro-managing the syllabi of high school classes anyway?

I dont think the left wants to campaign in inner-cities on how they are dedicating more time to queer studies instead of black wall street.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 05:20:15 PM »

So if it’s not “apart of“ black history, that means it’s a part of black history, right?
correct
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 05:38:33 PM »

It actually is, insofar as many POC are also Queer and their history and accomplishments are part of the historical canon and should be celebrated just like anyone else. So what Desantis is actually saying here is that we should erase Queer people from history which was an opinion I had hoped we were leaving behind to the Lavender scare and worst of the moral panics of the 50's and before... but apparently not.

Having black queers does not mean queer theory is a part of black history lmao.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 08:49:40 PM »

It actually is, insofar as many POC are also Queer and their history and accomplishments are part of the historical canon and should be celebrated just like anyone else. So what Desantis is actually saying here is that we should erase Queer people from history which was an opinion I had hoped we were leaving behind to the Lavender scare and worst of the moral panics of the 50's and before... but apparently not.

Again James Baldwin existed whether you like it or not

Wow, a black dude that discussed queer theory. Totally means queer theory is a part of black history.

Is conservative theory a part of black history since there were black people who "identified" as conservative? How far should we go with this? Should we learn about Bumpy Johnson and Frank Lucas?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 09:56:36 PM »

Wow, a black dude that discussed queer theory. Totally means queer theory is a part of black history.

Is conservative theory a part of black history since there were black people who "identified" as conservative? How far should we go with this? Should we learn about Bumpy Johnson and Frank Lucas?
Reducing a man who wrote what’s considered two of the best works of literature in this country’s history as “a black dude that discussed queer theory” and on some moral level as two drug kingpins is something

I didn't bring up morality. You did. You didn't answer the question.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 11:55:46 PM »

Reducing a man who wrote what’s considered two of the best works of literature in this country’s history as “a black dude that discussed queer theory” and on some moral level as two drug kingpins is something

I didn't bring up morality. You did. You didn't answer the question.
Oh please like anyone here doesn’t now that form of questioning isn’t meant to imply they are some level to each other and to answer your unserious question no teaching about famous black gay people and their contribution to black history doesn’t mean you have to teach them about black gangsters 🙄

100% you can't answer the question. Shocker.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 11:56:35 PM »

For the record, I'm sure more black kids enjoy learning about black gangsters than they do some weirdo dude nobody knows about.

No, this isn't racist. Please shut up
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 09:33:36 PM »

LOL
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length