Grade the job Chris Wallace did as moderator.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:10:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Grade the job Chris Wallace did as moderator.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Grade Chris Wallace as the moderator.
A

B

C

D

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 194

Author Topic: Grade the job Chris Wallace did as moderator.  (Read 2881 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2016, 11:26:58 AM »

He was a very good moderator, and wrote very good questions (and generally had strong follow ups), but the issues he chose were mostly terrible.
elcorazon

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »

C - he did okay when it came to fact checking the candidates, but implementing quasi-libertarian nonsense like "AHHHH ENTITLEMENTS" and "YOU'RE BIG GOVERNMENT, HE'S SMALL GOVERNMENT" lowered the quality significantly.
this - and the "partial birth abortions" language was totally loaded as well. Not to mention how he played right into Trump (or at least a slightly normal Republican's) wheelhouse by focusing on Supreme Court, 2nd Amendment for first third of debate when Trump had a chance to make some hay (he blew it anyway, but still)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 11:43:03 AM »

A. He was excellent, by far the best of all the moderators this year.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »

I'd give him a B. I liked the way he allowed the candidates to talk to each other while also trying to keep them somewhat on topic. I hope that that provides a template for future debates. Though I do think he let Trump get away with too many interruptions.

But, like a few other commenters here, I didn't like the right-wing slant of some his policy questions. It was pretty clear that this was a Fox News-moderated debate. Some examples: use of the term "partial-birth abortion," stating as fact that the debt is a huge problem, asking Clinton something along the lines of "so the Obama stimulus didn't really work, and you're plan is basically more of that?"
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »

He was A. Look the truth you have to accept there is significant divide in idealogy & questions are influenced by that for every mod. Did I like the fact that he asked 0 questions on Climate Change or was biased towards conservatism with his worst economic recovery, partial birth abortions etc - No.

But he gave voice to some section of conservatives which is needed. But he also was strict with Trump. I think he needed to be strict with Clinton even with the entitlement stuff, Clinton has got a free pass from a paid media. He could have hit her way harder on Wikileaks with so many issues cropping up in Wikileaks or the Emails or Clinton foundation or even brought up Benghazi which is a favorite of Fox. He didn't do anything of that sort.

If you want bought up mods who will favorable to Clinton & harsh to Trump, then maybe you won't like him. But Wallace was A & the best moderator this season. This is coming from a guy who likes n respects like Martha n Coop!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2016, 03:07:55 PM »

A in comparison.

The others were total hacks.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 03:16:39 PM »

There was a Tina Turner song about him.

Simply the Best.

So much more professional than Anderson Cooper.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »

for those who questioned wallace before the debate....

he won't even talk with ailes anymore cause he is disappointed about his role in the trump campaign.

Chris Wallace said Trump's debate answers didn't surprise him — but he did have a glass of wine (or more) once it was over
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-st-chris-wallace-post-debate-20161020-snap-story.html

When former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes, a former media consultant for Republican candidates, was running the division, Wallace said he was never told which guests to book or what questions to ask on “Fox News Sunday.”

But Wallace believes the reputation of Fox News was not helped by reports that Ailes was advising Trump on his campaign soon after leaving the company in July.

“I’m disappointed in Roger going to work for the Trump campaign,” he said. “We have had to fight back for a lot of years against claims that we’re an arm of the Republican Party. We aren’t. Anybody who watches me on ‘Fox News Sunday’ knows that I’m not. I think it has given people who don’t like Fox News in the first place something to talk about. It allows people to say, ‘I told you so,’ when it’s not really true.”

When Wallace was first named as a moderator for the third debate, some pundits speculated it would somehow give Trump an advantage because of Ailes’ involvement. But Wallace has not had any contact with Ailes since he left.

“I haven’t talked to him since he left, and I won’t talk to him,” he said.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies