Ben Shapiro burns Barbies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:30:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Shapiro burns Barbies (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ben Shapiro burns Barbies  (Read 3817 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: July 23, 2023, 03:41:15 PM »

Imagine George Will or Bob Novak doing something similar 30, 40 years ago.
Because this guy is considered today a conservative intellectual.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 05:54:17 PM »

Ben Shapiro is a failed screenwriter and his entire career revolves around him being bitter about the fact that he was unable to make it in show business even though he came from a successful family. If you've ever read excerpts from his novels you'll see that he's a very typical talentless hack. People like him are a dime a dozen in California but turned his outrage into a career as a conservative propagandist.

This description fits to a T the other Big Culture Warrior of the moment: Will Jordan aka Critical Drinker.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 06:18:47 PM »

Critical Drinker is great, though. He's not 100% right and there are some things he has said I disagree with completely, but he raises a lot of good arguments about flaws in pieces of modern media.

Critical Drinker and Nerdrotic are charlatans who are taking advantage of the basement-dwelling limp-dicked bigoted incels whose fragile egos feel threatened every time they see onscreen a woman or a minority.
Now, if we are talking about Geeks + Gamers, they are the real deal. A group of bona fide racist pieces of s**t who idolize Trump and genuinely resent the fact that white straight males aren't anymore the only game in town when it comes to franchise films.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 06:27:47 PM »

Critical Drinker is great, though. He's not 100% right and there are some things he has said I disagree with completely, but he raises a lot of good arguments about flaws in pieces of modern media.

Now, if we are talking about Geeks + Gamers, they are the real deal. A group of bona fide racist pieces of s**t who idolize Trump and genuinely resent the fact that white straight males aren't anymore the only game in town when it comes to franchise films.

Geeks + Gamers is a huge fan of Cobra Kai which is a show which many of the main characters are not white males so this point is lol worthy.

Is that the equivalent of having a black friend?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 06:44:30 PM »

Uh no because Geeks and Gamers is not racist.

Yes they are.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2023, 06:50:54 PM »

Reva was a horribly written character, which is why her character got hate and not because of racism.

And they knew that before even watching the show, hence the racist attacks on the actress.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2023, 07:03:01 PM »

Reva was a horribly written character, which is why her character got hate and not because of racism.

And they knew that before even watching the show, hence the racist attacks on the actress.

You are not even a Star Wars fan and said you find Star Wars fans weird so the points you are making here are lol worthy.

Also please link the original video if you are claiming this rather than just linking another youtuber calling Geeks and Gamers raicst.

1) You studiously avoided answering my question why they started the racist attacks on the actress before even watching the first episode of the show.

2) They pull the same s**t when it comes to the Marvel shows and movies too.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2023, 07:13:46 PM »

Can you link the video where he does that or screenshot part of the video where there is proof of him doing that before the show came out

Cope.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2023, 07:17:50 PM »

YouTube always recommends his crap to me. I have never clicked on one of his videos so I can't say anything about the quality of his commentary but the video titles don't give me much hope. Ironically the last thumbnail I saw was one indicating that he liked that Qanon movie Sound of Freedom, which is hilarious since that is a low-budget preachy message movie that he would hate if it was about a woman standing up to sexual violence, lol. All of these men are like the male version of the feminists who used to whine about how offensive everything is. Every time a movie comes out (unless it's a direct to video testosterone-fueled propaganda film) they'll be there to tell you about how the men weren't represented properly. It's the other side of the "Your fav is problematic" coin.

I think this video will explain a lot to you.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2023, 07:33:30 PM »

He literally goes of a leak which in many ways turned out to be accurate so this doesn’t really prove your point .

You mean like all the Atlas members posts about how much DeSantis sucks weren't proving our point?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2023, 07:41:13 PM »

He literally goes of a leak which in many ways turned out to be accurate so this doesn’t really prove your point .

You mean like all the Atlas members posts about how much DeSantis sucks weren't proving our point?

Dude you have admitted you don’t really like Star Wars so you can’t really act like you know why we like different movies/shows or dislike . Star Wars like I said as a ton of Expanded Universe and most hardcore fans of the franchise have probably read 25+ Star Wars books (if not 40+) so we have a good idea of what we will expect from shows/moves from leaks .

I myself have read over 35 Star Wars books(mostly back  when I was in high school and a freshman in college) .

You can flail and babble all you want. Geeks + Gamers are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic losers.
And the fact that you like them says a lot about you too.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:41 AM »

I don't really understand why he (and other conservatives) have such an emotional reaction to this movie.  Like others here, it doesn't appeal to me at all, so I will therefore never buy a movie ticket to see it, but to go the extra mile and actively burn barbie dolls shows you have bigger problems (perhaps unaddressed issues from childhood?) that require therapy.  

Dude, have you followed these guys the last 5-6 years?
This is nothing compared to their meltdowns about Captain Marvel, The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters 2016, She-Hulk, Charlie's Angels 2019, Eternals, Rings of Power, Obi-Wan, etc.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 01:56:42 AM »

I don't really understand why he (and other conservatives) have such an emotional reaction to this movie.  Like others here, it doesn't appeal to me at all, so I will therefore never buy a movie ticket to see it, but to go the extra mile and actively burn barbie dolls shows you have bigger problems (perhaps unaddressed issues from childhood?) that require therapy.  

Dude, have you followed these guys the last 5-6 years?
This is nothing compared to their meltdowns about Captain Marvel, The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters 2016, She-Hulk, Charlie's Angels 2019, Eternals, Rings of Power, Obi-Wan, etc.

The Last Jedi was an awful movie that wrecked  Star Wars . The fact that you are defending it is lol worthy

First of all, show me where I defend the movie. In my opinion it's a meh film that doesn't deserve neither the praise, not the vitriol it gets.

Second, the movie's quality is totally irrelevant. Even if it was "Battlefield Earth" and "Plan 9 From Outer Space" level bad that wouldn't excuse the obsessive behavior of these hateful man-babies who for the last six years refuse to move on and are still churning out one video after another about how awful the Last Jedi is, how much of a Mary Sue is Rey, or how woke Rian Johnson's script is. This is unhealthy behavior but it's only typical that a Meatball Ron stan like you is unable to see it.   
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2023, 02:01:28 AM »

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation.

Source?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2023, 02:13:06 AM »

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation.

Source?

Look at the audience score: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

Look at how much hate it gets on Star Wars related forums and even redditt(which is a very liberal site politically) .

Just look at how much worse Star Wars related media has done since the Last Jedi came out as well then it was doing from 15-17.

It's been well-documented that the Last Jedi was one of the most notorious victims of review-bombing (along with Captain Marvel) and the reason why RT changed the way it calculates audience scores.

The rest of your argument is pure idiocy. No self-respecting person takes seriously what a bunch of edgelord teenagers say in reddit and 4chan. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2023, 12:28:42 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't.

For being such a badass edgelord you're actually pretty naive.

Or else you'd know that many of the people who review-bomb these films are proudly admitting that they never saw and never will see a "woke" movie.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2023, 12:48:25 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't.

For being such a badass edgelord you're actually pretty naive.

Or else you'd know that many of the people who review-bomb these films are proudly admitting that they never saw and never will see a "woke" movie.

Scrolling through the negative reviews for The Last Jedi on any review site (RT, Letterboxd, Google reviews) will yield hundreds of comments mocking the film for its characterization, meandering plot, poorly thought out action sequences, failure to engage with the existing storyline, and lack of resolution to its many pointless narrative threads. The idea that this film was hated for political reasons is an excuse invented by Kathleen Kennedy and her marketing team to explain why their terrible franchise is hated by fans and made progressively less money with each installment.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2023, 01:00:46 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't. Having seen The Last Jedi, the only thing I find surprising about the audience score is that it isn't 0%. And the fact that RT "recalibrated" its audience scores in order to be lenient towards megacorporate products like these is hardly something to celebrate.

"The Last Jedi was a bad movie" and "The Last Jedi was review-bombed by terminally online misogynistic weirdos" are not mutually exclusive from each other.

But you see these incel losers genuinely believe that the vast majority of the general population agree with their anti-woke opinions. It's like Republicans who believe that they are a majority and the only way Democrats can win an election is by fraud.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2023, 01:04:18 PM »

People who are not in the Star Wars fandom don't get how large the Star Wars hype was from 2014-2017 and how the vast majority of people who went on to despise the TLJ, were super excited for the movie all through 2016 and 2017.

You're right. We can't comprehend how much of an oversized role plays in your miserable lives the release of a f**king movie.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2023, 01:10:02 PM »

Last Jedi is 6.9 on IMDB which means the consensus of viewers is that it is a good movie. 🤷

As I said, I don't love the movie. But it's certainly better than the awful Rise of Skywalker which gets only a fraction of the hate of Last Jedi.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2023, 01:13:43 PM »

Here is a rundown of review bombing history. Might be useful for our teenage edgelords who have no idea what they are talking about.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2023, 01:40:38 PM »

Why are we talking exclusively about the Last Jedi? It's not like these limp-dicked sexist morons don't hate movies which otherwise were well-reviewed and uncontroversial.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2023, 01:46:54 PM »

Why are we talking exclusively about the Last Jedi? It's not like these limp-dicked sexist morons don't hate movies which otherwise were well-reviewed and uncontroversial.

Right, who could forget the infamous review-bombing of Alien and Terminator 2? Those sexist nerds clearly hate those movies since they starred women.

Is this an act somehow or is this really you?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2023, 01:50:47 PM »

Right, who could forget the infamous review-bombing of Alien and Terminator 2? Those sexist nerds clearly hate those movies since they starred women.

Or the Original Trilogy where one of the main protagonists was female.

This reminds me of some incel loser who after a racist tirade against Moses Ingram said on his channel that he and his ilk can't be racist because they like the original trilogy where Lando Calrissian is a major character.
That's the kind of sharp thinking you'd expect from a mouth breathing, Trump voting, sexually frustrated bigot.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2023, 01:58:17 PM »

Because everyone was warned about it years before it came into existance, I remember South Park did entire episodes about Disney ruining Star Wars back in 2012.

Kathleen Kennedy's mistake was the she didn't gather her handpicked directors one weekend at a resort where they'd hammer out an outline for the new trilogy: where the heroes would be at the start and where they'd be at the end along with a general plot. Instead she let them do whatever they wanted which resulted in chaos and conflicting storylines.
That was what ruined the new trilogy, not increased representation of women and minorities like these online bozos suggest.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies