Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:03:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ben Shapiro burns Barbies  (Read 3958 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2023, 06:01:51 PM »
« edited: July 23, 2023, 06:15:16 PM by Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

"Culture warriors" (however defined) are not inherently bad, hearing from them exposes you to different viewpoints and gives you more things to consider. On some things they might even end up being completely right. Ben Shapiro is a loser so in this case his culture warrior status in and of itself does not matter much.

Critical Drinker is great, though. He's not 100% right (but, you know, who is? not I or you or anyone really) and there are some things he has said I disagree with completely, but he raises a lot of good arguments about flaws in pieces of modern media.

I like hearing from people of many different stances and politics because they are bound to be right about something at some point.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2023, 06:05:49 PM »

Ben Shapiro is a failed screenwriter and his entire career revolves around him being bitter about the fact that he was unable to make it in show business even though he came from a successful family. If you've ever read excerpts from his novels you'll see that he's a very typical talentless hack. People like him are a dime a dozen in California but turned his outrage into a career as a conservative propagandist.

In all fairness seeing what Hollywood produce in screen writing quality right now I get his bitterness. But I think the mix of being talentless, together with his anti-charisma, extreme arrogance and obnoxiousness and slightly because of his politics is really what killed his Hollywood career. Right now screen writing in Hollywood seem mostly being written by rich kids at very low wages and with little care about whether they have any talent for writing, but having a guy like Shapiro on the same team as other screen writers seems a great way to get a very toxic work environment.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2023, 06:06:33 PM »

Well, that's one way to respond to when someone asks "point to where on the doll they touched you", that's for sure.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2023, 06:18:47 PM »

Critical Drinker is great, though. He's not 100% right and there are some things he has said I disagree with completely, but he raises a lot of good arguments about flaws in pieces of modern media.

Critical Drinker and Nerdrotic are charlatans who are taking advantage of the basement-dwelling limp-dicked bigoted incels whose fragile egos feel threatened every time they see onscreen a woman or a minority.
Now, if we are talking about Geeks + Gamers, they are the real deal. A group of bona fide racist pieces of s**t who idolize Trump and genuinely resent the fact that white straight males aren't anymore the only game in town when it comes to franchise films.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2023, 06:19:46 PM »

Ben Shapiro is a failed screenwriter and his entire career revolves around him being bitter about the fact that he was unable to make it in show business even though he came from a successful family. If you've ever read excerpts from his novels you'll see that he's a very typical talentless hack. People like him are a dime a dozen in California but turned his outrage into a career as a conservative propagandist.

This description fits to a T the other Big Culture Warrior of the moment: Will Jordan aka Critical Drinker.

I think that’s a bad comparison, Will Jordan whatever people may think about have build up his own career, he also have charisma, he also sometimes avoid being a complete tool (he sometimes do thing you wouldn’t expect, something Shapiro never does). From what I can see of his books on Amazon he’s mostly successful and with score which look natural; his books in English usually get 4,5 average and above a few thousand review with his new ones set getting around 500 and the ratings doesn’t look manipulated. He seems a pretty average moderately successful author, not a guy who will be remembered 30 years after he stop writing, but one who can live moderately well of his writings.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2023, 06:22:16 PM »

Critical Drinker is great, though. He's not 100% right and there are some things he has said I disagree with completely, but he raises a lot of good arguments about flaws in pieces of modern media.

Now, if we are talking about Geeks + Gamers, they are the real deal. A group of bona fide racist pieces of s**t who idolize Trump and genuinely resent the fact that white straight males aren't anymore the only game in town when it comes to franchise films.

Geeks + Gamers is a huge fan of Cobra Kai which is a show which many of the main characters are not white males so this point is lol worthy.

Geeks + Gamers along with Star Wars Theory are both great channels that get too much hate
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2023, 06:27:47 PM »

Geeks + Gamers is a huge fan of Cobra Kai which is a show which many of the main characters are not white males so this point is lol worthy.

Is that the equivalent of having a black friend?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2023, 06:29:32 PM »

Uh no because Geeks and Gamers is not racist. Like many Star Wars fans he was pissed with what Disney did with it
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2023, 06:33:24 PM »

Uh no because Geeks and Gamers is not racist. Like many Star Wars fans he was pissed with what Disney did with it
Disney heavily marketed a black character in one of the films and then sacrificed him just for drama.
Many in the black community were probably annoyed at that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2023, 06:36:21 PM »

Disney heavily marketed a black character in one of the films and then sacrificed him just for drama.

Finn was the most interesting character by far out of all the new characters in the ST and they completely sidelined him for Rey who was a terribly written character.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2023, 06:43:34 PM »

Finn was the most interesting character by far out of all the new characters in the ST and they completely sidelined him for Rey who was a terribly written character.
There is something deeply phony about the idea that "oh let's throw in person of X race and we'll get X group to watch the movie". There's something even phonier about doing this, treating said character in the way you said, and still claiming disingenuously like your media is owed their time and attention. And the casual usage of "ist-o-phobe" type insults just does not win sympathy either.
Some level of talentlessness isn't just something Ben Shapiro has. It's a common thing in Hollywood as well, and the laziness from both writers and corporate management has hurt the quality of American entertainment.
Thankfully the fruit of this industry is only inconsistently subpar. You get gems and you get garbage. It's quite uneven.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2023, 06:44:30 PM »

Uh no because Geeks and Gamers is not racist.

Yes they are.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2023, 06:49:03 PM »

Reva was a horribly written character, which is why her character got hate and not because of racism.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2023, 06:50:54 PM »

Reva was a horribly written character, which is why her character got hate and not because of racism.

And they knew that before even watching the show, hence the racist attacks on the actress.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2023, 06:58:58 PM »

And they knew that before even watching the show, hence the racist attacks on the actress.

You are not even a Star Wars fan and said you find Star Wars fans weird so the points you are making here are lol worthy.

Also please link the original video if you are claiming this rather than just linking another youtuber calling Geeks and Gamers raicst.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2023, 07:03:01 PM »

You are not even a Star Wars fan and said you find Star Wars fans weird so the points you are making here are lol worthy.

Also please link the original video if you are claiming this rather than just linking another youtuber calling Geeks and Gamers raicst.

1) You studiously avoided answering my question why they started the racist attacks on the actress before even watching the first episode of the show.

2) They pull the same s**t when it comes to the Marvel shows and movies too.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2023, 07:05:03 PM »

1) You studiously avoided answering my question why they started the racist attacks on the actress before even watching the first episode of the show.

2) They pull the same s**t when it comes to the Marvel shows and movies too.

Can you link the video where he does that or screenshot part of the video where there is proof of him doing that before the show came out
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2023, 07:06:02 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/ben-shapiro-sets-fire-barbie-dolls-he-slams-woke-movie-1814723

Ben Shapiro is extremely angry about the new Barbie movie. He recorded a 43 minute video attacking the film and then burned several dolls in protest.

Do you think railing against the new Barbie movie is a winning strategy for the GOP?

It's probably what he did to his little sister's Barbie dolls.  When she told their mommy on him for something.  When he was 3.  And he hasn't changed a bit since.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2023, 07:08:46 PM »

In all fairness seeing what Hollywood produce in screen writing quality right now I get his bitterness. But I think the mix of being talentless, together with his anti-charisma, extreme arrogance and obnoxiousness and slightly because of his politics is really what killed his Hollywood career. Right now screen writing in Hollywood seem mostly being written by rich kids at very low wages and with little care about whether they have any talent for writing, but having a guy like Shapiro on the same team as other screen writers seems a great way to get a very toxic work environment.

That's true, and there are a variety of reasons why screenwriting is so disastrous right now, but also to be clear, Shapiro's writing is worse even than the worst of Hollywood's D-list superhero movies.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2023, 07:13:05 PM »

This description fits to a T the other Big Culture Warrior of the moment: Will Jordan aka Critical Drinker.

YouTube always recommends his crap to me. I have never clicked on one of his videos so I can't say anything about the quality of his commentary but the video titles don't give me much hope. Ironically the last thumbnail I saw was one indicating that he liked that Qanon movie Sound of Freedom, which is hilarious since that is a low-budget preachy message movie that he would hate if it was about a woman standing up to sexual violence, lol. All of these men are like the male version of the feminists who used to whine about how offensive everything is. Every time a movie comes out (unless it's a direct to video testosterone-fueled propaganda film) they'll be there to tell you about how the men weren't represented properly. It's the other side of the "Your fav is problematic" coin.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2023, 07:13:46 PM »

Can you link the video where he does that or screenshot part of the video where there is proof of him doing that before the show came out

Cope.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2023, 07:17:50 PM »

YouTube always recommends his crap to me. I have never clicked on one of his videos so I can't say anything about the quality of his commentary but the video titles don't give me much hope. Ironically the last thumbnail I saw was one indicating that he liked that Qanon movie Sound of Freedom, which is hilarious since that is a low-budget preachy message movie that he would hate if it was about a woman standing up to sexual violence, lol. All of these men are like the male version of the feminists who used to whine about how offensive everything is. Every time a movie comes out (unless it's a direct to video testosterone-fueled propaganda film) they'll be there to tell you about how the men weren't represented properly. It's the other side of the "Your fav is problematic" coin.

I think this video will explain a lot to you.

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2023, 07:18:51 PM »

I think this video will explain a lot to you.

I generally avoid watching YouTube commentary but I'll consider checking it out. Thanks.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2023, 07:30:23 PM »

Cope.

He literally goes of a leak which in many ways turned out to be accurate so this doesn’t really prove your point .

Anyway the video of the channel you keep posting is a huge fan of the sequel trilogy and the Last Jedi and his explanation for why the Last Jedi is good sucks badly too .
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2023, 07:33:30 PM »

He literally goes of a leak which in many ways turned out to be accurate so this doesn’t really prove your point .

You mean like all the Atlas members posts about how much DeSantis sucks weren't proving our point?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies