MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:36:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.  (Read 37167 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: April 14, 2021, 07:55:08 PM »

Tilt D.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 05:40:42 PM »

*Palpatine voice*: DO IT!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 06:58:27 PM »

Unfortunate. Ms. DeVos would have been one of the easiest opponents for Whitmer, though she'd have tons of ressources. Probably now donating to whoever gets the GOP nomination.

Race is Lean D as of today although SN tries to convince us it's Titanium R.

Let him keep doing it though. Out of superstition I want to think that's why we're still somehow winning in Michigan.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 06:34:30 PM »

Is this really the hill they want to die on? Supporting restrictions that are only popular with 13% of the American public?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

Democrats need to keep setting traps for Republicans to talk about rape. I know it isn't 2012 anymore, and such gaffes related to it may not lead to Akins or Mourdocks being upset anymore, but in a state like Michigan it can probably still doom a candidate. Just look at the state legislature special election upset that happened in Kent County a few months ago.

Didn't all the reasonably sane Republicans get kicked off the ballot?

I don't know if they were all that reasonable or sane if they had to resort to fraud to get the signatures they needed.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 06:15:29 PM »

Hard to see Dixon winning unless it's a total, unequivocal wipeout, but I won't be surprised if it's uncomfortably close for Democrats (Whitmer+4 or something).

To be frank, Whitmer+4 isn't even that bad. It's not like Gary Peters' bare win from 2020. Now that was uncomfortable! I personally don't see her winning by more than six or seven points.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 07:28:22 PM »

The MI GOP continues its rapid decent towards becoming the worst state party in the country.

With all the attention going to the WHitmer-Dixon race, we shouldn't forget that it's imperative for Benson and Nessel to win too. That goes for all Attorney General and Secretary of State elections across the country this year. Hopefully Americans, Democrats in particular, finally recognize the significant importance of these offices after the proliferation of the Big Lie.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 06:09:39 PM »

Tudor Dixon ... defending Snyder now? Is she trying to lose?

Didn't Snyder endorse Biden on top of everything? Thus probably making him unpalatable to basically everyone in Michigan?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 06:34:47 PM »

Okay, now someone ask her about the Louisiana situation. Is that baby with the birth defect supposed to heal after being brought to term?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 07:08:41 PM »

Hopefully other Republicans in the state's House and statewide elections are too.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 06:39:30 PM »

I'd honestly prefer to have Big Gretch as president.

Same, I think she’s an extremely strong presidential candidate. Warnock would be a great running mate for her.

I'm never much of a fan of plucking battleground State incumbent Senators out of their seats. Maybe inevitable Maryland Governor Wes Moore would be a good running mate instead?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 05:10:21 PM »

Time to start pouring some of the resources from those states into AZ, NV, and WI instead?

Hopefully. Possibly Kansas too.

I would also say Oregon maybe at this point, but as disappointing as it would be to see the Democratic Governor streak end, the stakes are still much lower than in the three states you brought up.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2022, 05:45:01 PM »

I guess I'll give her some credit for creativity.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 07:28:25 PM »

She joins Moore and Shapiro in having endorsements from law enforcement organizations. I want to say that maybe groups like these, that typically back Republicans (especially recently), draw the line at insurrection-adjacent or worse figures within the GOP like Dixon or Mastriano. And if that's the case I guess I'll give American law enforcement at least some credit for being somewhat consistent.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2022, 05:22:42 PM »

“She’ll put the second amendment before second graders” is such a badass line, wow

The debate probably won't matter, but this line needs to be part of Democratic rhetoric on gun issues going forward. I wish I thought of it!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies