Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:19:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289703 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 07, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »

What kind of grace period will progressives give the man who saved us from Trump?

Prob. about fifteen minutes until he says something "problematic" and then the tantrums will begin. Fortunately Biden doesn't care about woke twitter which is part of why he won.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »

Hot take: the Biden presidency will have an almost as stable approval rating as the Trump administration.

If he's still at 60% in 4 years I would change my mind about him running again and would support propping him up with a stick to crush Trump. As others have said, I think this is a honeymoon period and it won't be that high in 4 years.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 02:02:36 PM »

The internet pundit class has been saying that the TV pundit class's criticisms of Biden shows how out of touch they are. Based on these numbers the only thing more out touch than TV pundits is internet pundits. A lot of people wanted out of Afghanistan, but not a disaster like this. Even if you're going to insist on a 100% withdrawal you could have taken time to get refugees out first before you started pulling out troops. A lot of the motivation here seems to be the "out of Afghanistan by 9/11" thing, which is a meme and photo op that should not be a motivating factor in policy.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »

Just to reiterate my earlier point, woke twitter calling mainstream pundits "out of touch" for bashing this has aged like milk. No, you're the ones who are out of touch, step out of your little online bubble and talk to some real people.

Interestingly enough, despite Biden's approval taking a hit in the YouGov poll, his favorability did not change.

I see this as purely a job performance thing. This isn't going to change anyone's view of his character. Ultimately job performance running ahead of personal favorability is better than the other way around so Biden could still be in trouble here.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 01:24:34 AM »

What’s the matter with this country?

We finally get a leader who isn’t a total nutjob after 4 years of lunacy and he’s underwater in approval.

The Afghanistan withdrawal was viewed as a disaster by virtually everyone without a vested interest in defending everything Biden does, we've got inflation and all kinds of other problems. If you can't fathom how Biden has slumped to mid 40's approval then you're living in a bubble and terribly out of touch. This doesn't have to be a comparative thing, he's an improvement over Trump but that doesn't mean he's doing well or that anyone has to automatically approve of the job he's doing in office.

A lot can happen in the next three years to change the narrative and it's very likely the Republicans will pick a weak candidate, whoever it is, so he still can be reelected, though.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »

About 46% of Americans are perfectly happy with a complete nutcase as President. 

That still leaves an additional 10% of people who do not approve of Biden, either being actively disapproving or unsure. You can't blame his decline on Trump supporters, if they were the only ones opposed he'd still be up in the mid 50's.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 11:17:04 PM »

Honestly I trust OC more than anyone on here at this point.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 12:37:58 PM »

There is a Filibuster in the way of everyone, Debt Ceiling, VR and DC Statehood

Don't forget crt packing.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 05:22:26 PM »

Pathetic, it was his last chance. With the new variant of the virus Biden's approval will drop sharply.

Biden's handling of COVID is actually his strongest issue. You lose.

I agree COVID is not the issue here, it's Afghanistan and inflation which are harder to deal with especially since Afghanistan is already over.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 08:06:17 PM »

This thread is literally impossible to have a conversation in because of olawakandi spam.

I get you guys think this is cute but I wish we could actually talk about Biden's polling.

You know you don't have to post here.

Cool let me just go start another thread about an opinion poll and have it get merged into this one and drowned in olawakandi spam.

Sexy.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 06:46:54 PM »

That graph of perceptions of Russia is really interesting. The decline in hostility started in the late 80's presumably when the Berlin War went down and then accelerated with the collapse of the USSR. It has gradually gone up since then with spikes for Russia's various wars. Looks like there was a spike in 94/95 possibly due to the Chechen War or Yelstin's shady second election.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2022, 10:57:33 PM »

Fox, CNN, and MSNBC should fire their entire pundit staffs and just air an olawakandi live stream 24/7 like The Truman Show.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2022, 09:26:56 AM »

You never see Matty or Marty around when Biden Approvals go up users think that this is gonna be an easy elevator like 1994/2010/2014 for Rs no it's not, its 4% unemployment

The R party is well known as an Insurrectionists party and they're trying elevate Trump again
Proof OC is an equal opportunity attacker.

He's the only political figure I trust at this point
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies