Is Tom Steyer secretly conspiring with Bernie to throw the election to Sanders?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:19:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Is Tom Steyer secretly conspiring with Bernie to throw the election to Sanders?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Tom Steyer secretly conspiring with Bernie to throw the election to Sanders?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Is Tom Steyer secretly conspiring with Bernie to throw the election to Sanders?  (Read 1977 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »

It's certainly all awfully... convenient...

Tom Steyer knows exactly what he is doing.

Just look at how he turned what should be regarded as a scandal for his own campaign into a trumped-up accusation that Joe Biden is carousing with a bona fide racist.

We all laugh at Steyer's "adorable" affection for Bernie and commitment to liberal causes, but everything that he does suggests cold-blooded savvy. It's not likely to get him elected because that is fundamentally very difficult, but it's allowed someone with positively zero substance, experience, or originality to remain a factor.

win win
dxu8888

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 05:58:17 PM »

Bloomberg/Steyer 2020
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »

No, it's just a coincidence that his presence in the race helps Sanders.

Steyer staked his claim on South Carolina and is doing everything he can to kneecap Biden there.  This obviously helps Sanders strategically.  His theft of Kamala Harris' voter data, which is undoubtedly helping him succeed in this strategy, has gone unpunished.

Steyer himself has some weird desire to gain Sanders' approval so he can be seen as "the good billionaire." He constantly praises Bernie in debates and wants to cuddle up to him at events.  Meanwhile he trains his fire on other candidates whose approval he doesn't long for.

None of this is coordinated with Sanders though.  If anything Sanders seems annoyed by Steyer thinking he can buy his way into Bernie's heart.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »

Nah, he just wants Sanders to notice and/or like him back.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 06:20:13 PM »

He's trying to save himself from the reeducation camp.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »

No, Atlas is way too conspiratorial sometimes.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 06:29:47 PM »

He's trying to save himself from the reeducation camp.

Re-education through labor. Campaigning for President could be considered a type of labor, I suppose.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 06:32:03 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2020, 06:36:29 PM by Grand Mufti of Northern Virginia »

If there is a conspiracy with Bernie Sanders at the center of the Spider's Web, you'd have to include Michael Bloomberg as well as Tom Steyer.  Either one of them will be bleeding supporters from Joe Biden when he needs them most, with Steyer siphoning off minorities (especially African Americans) in South Carolina (and other southern states on Super Tuesday), and Bloomberg taking white moderates on Super Tuesday.  Leaving Bernie Sanders in prime position to capitalize on the ensuing chaos.  
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2020, 06:47:12 PM by (CT) The Free North »

Steyer's continued presence in the race is grotesque and offensive. At least Bloomberg can point to several terms as the mayor of perhaps the most important city in the world to justify his running. Steyer lied to people before he got into the race, promising he just wanted voter's support for impeachment but used the data as a means to boost his campaign. As others pointed out already, he stole Harris's data afterwards and there were rumors of bribes being offered to SC officials in exchange for their endorsement. He adds, quite literally, nothing to the race and the idea that a private school educated, Ivy League grad who ran a hedge fund is the 'outsider' we need to take on the establishment is hilariously ironic and its a shame he wasn't called out by debate moderators initially for this.

As far as him not attacking Bernie, i'm sure its been coldly calculated in a backroom in CA some months ago, but he doesn't have a path beyond a 2nd or 3rd in SC and the real victims of his run are the charities or down ballot candidates who could have used the $200,000,000 he just lit on fire.

Someone just remind him to blink a few times when he stares into the camera during his inevitable dropout speech.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 06:49:05 PM »

Steyer's continued presence in the race is grotesque and offensive. At least Bloomberg can point to several terms as the mayor of perhaps the most important city in the world to justify his running. Steyer lied to people before he got into the race, promising he just wanted voter's support for impeachment but used the data as a means to boost his campaign. As others pointed out already, he stole Harris's data afterwards and there were rumors of bribes being offered to SC officials in exchange for their endorsement. He adds, quite literally, nothing to the race and the idea that a private school educated, Ivy League grad who ran a hedge fund is the 'outsider' we need to take on the establishment is hilariously ironic and its a shame he wasn't called out by debate moderators initially for this.

As far as him not attacking Bernie, i'm sure its been coldly calculated in a backroom in CA some months ago, but he doesn't have a path beyond a 2nd or 3rd in SC and the real victims of his run are the charities or down ballot candidates who could have used the 200,000,000 he just lit on fire.

Someone just remind him to blink a few times when he stares into the camera during his dropout speech.

This.  Anyone grouping Bloomberg and Steyer together just because they're billionaires is being dishonest.  Bloomberg has big-league political experience and a track record of bipartisan success.  Steyer is, at best, an activist who happens to be rich.  Bloomberg is also far more successful and wealthy than Steyer.  You could put 40 Tom Steyers together and they still wouldn't be as wealthy as Bloomberg.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 06:55:09 PM »

I was kinda humoring it in my mind but wasn't gonna say it, I'd say he'd prefer Bernie to Joe (a rare take for me given who Tom Steyer is) but conspiring between the two? Probably not.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »

As far as him not attacking Bernie, i'm sure its been coldly calculated in a backroom in CA some months ago, but he doesn't have a path beyond a 2nd or 3rd in SC and the real victims of his run are the charities or down ballot candidates who could have used the 200,000,000 he just lit on fire.

Someone just remind him to blink a few times when he stares into the camera during his dropout speech.

This.  Anyone grouping Bloomberg and Steyer together just because they're billionaires is being dishonest.  Bloomberg has big-league political experience and a track record of bipartisan success.  Steyer is, at best, an activist who happens to be rich.  Bloomberg is also far more successful and wealthy than Steyer.  You could put 40 Tom Steyers together and they still wouldn't be as wealthy as Bloomberg.

The literal ing arrogance of "I have 0 experience or national profile, but I have a lot of money and things to say, so i'm going to get in" is beyond description.

Take away his billions and he would be a low-mid tier poster on this forum.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 07:25:38 PM »

Yes, all the candidates in the race are conspiring to make sure Bernie is the nominee so the nomination that he and his supporters are entitled to is not stolen again.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 07:49:32 PM »

Ah, a different kind of conspiracy theory. I appreciate that.

But the answer is still no.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »

I don't think that there's some sort of conspiracy between him and Sanders, and have no doubt that whatever he is doing, he is doing solely for his own (perceived) self-interest… but he is CLEARLY hugging Sanders for some reason.

I've heard some people say its because he wants an endorsement from Bernie or at least goodwill for his supporters for CA-Senate run... it also might just be out of some delusional calculation that he needs to go after the other establishment lane candidates and not attack Bernie, idk.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 09:21:46 PM »

No one is doing this sort of thing, but if one were to make such a conspiracy theory then Clownbachar being a stalking horse for Bernie in exchange for a VP slot would be more likely.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 09:25:13 PM »

Biden came in and stole the election from Harris who was leading the campaign before Biden. No one is throwing the election to anyone. Biden didnt meet expectations when he came in, like Jeb and Fred Thompson,  he was overrated
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »

I want a man who looks at me like Tom looks at Bernie
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 11:00:35 PM »

no, he is just trying to get the attention of bernie-senpai
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 09:28:53 AM »

Bernie? In league with a billionaire? That would make for the ultimate irony of the election.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 10:59:24 AM »

Yes and I was at the meeting where they signed this agreement.  It was at an Arby’s in Cincinnati.  I had a Reuben and Steyer and a beef and cheddar.  Im fairly sure it had a bone in it though because he spent most of the time at the restaurant choking.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 01:01:42 PM »

Yes and I was at the meeting where they signed this agreement.  It was at an Arby’s in Cincinnati.  I had a Reuben and Steyer and a beef and cheddar.  Im fairly sure it had a bone in it though because he spent most of the time at the restaurant choking.
Imagine still getting an Arby's beef and cheddar in 2020 anno domini. The 2 for $6 gyro deal is where it's at brother
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 07:46:56 PM »

Et tu, Brutus?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies