Tom Steyer 2020 presidential campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:02:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tom Steyer 2020 presidential campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Tom Steyer 2020 presidential campaign megathread  (Read 5506 times)
atheist4thecause
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2020, 11:15:35 PM »

I'll believe the Steyer Surge when I see it. TV ads can get you a few good polls, but actually winning a state is another matter.
Good point. But if Steyer can win SC by ads somehow than I guarantee you that means Bloomberg’s the nominee Tongue

Steyer does well with minorities, Bloomberg does not. Bloomberg is not ever going to win the minorities because of his stop-and-frisk policy as mayor.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2020, 11:20:25 PM »

I'll believe the Steyer Surge when I see it. TV ads can get you a few good polls, but actually winning a state is another matter.
Good point. But if Steyer can win SC by ads somehow than I guarantee you that means Bloomberg’s the nominee Tongue

Steyer does well with minorities, Bloomberg does not. Bloomberg is not ever going to win the minorities because of his stop-and-frisk policy as mayor.
Didn’t even consider that, but you’re right.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2020, 11:24:48 PM »

The reason why Bloomberg cant win is do to Bernie, his fellow Jew; consequently, Bloomberg stood behind Bush W after 911 and  along with Koch endorsed Bush W for reelection
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2020, 12:32:48 AM »

Can anyone on the ground in SC comment as to the strength of Steyer's ground operation?  He was regularly polling 3-4% in Iowa and ended up getting half of that (1.7%).  Compare to Yang, who does have a good field operation, and exceeded his polling in Iowa.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2020, 03:45:12 PM »

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/poverty/482346-tom-steyer-pledges-22-minimum-wage-if-elected

Steyer is the best argument against the idea that billionaires get where they are through merit and good business sense.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2020, 04:07:30 PM »

One more sign that Bernie Sanders is pivoting to the General Election and is moderating his positions and $15 per hour is now the centrist position. Bernie is the Hillary Clinton of 2020, favoring a lower minimum wage than Steyer.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2020, 09:22:13 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/14/805760529/how-south-carolinas-african-american-voters-are-mobilizing-for-biden-and-challen

Tom Steyer is the only candidate that I'm aware of in these last 20 years who has actually come on the ground in South Carolina, who has done business with black newspapers, with black radio. I'm talking about investing in the black community in a way that his message resonates and reaches.

Steyer is still polling in 2nd or 3rd in SC. It's amazing how a little outreach to the black community can turn a third-tier candidate into a top contender, & yet almost every campaign has failed to do even that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2020, 09:34:46 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/14/805760529/how-south-carolinas-african-american-voters-are-mobilizing-for-biden-and-challen

Tom Steyer is the only candidate that I'm aware of in these last 20 years who has actually come on the ground in South Carolina, who has done business with black newspapers, with black radio. I'm talking about investing in the black community in a way that his message resonates and reaches.

Steyer is still polling in 2nd or 3rd in SC. It's amazing how a little outreach to the black community can turn a third-tier candidate into a top contender, & yet almost every campaign has failed to do even that.

Yes, that is amazing. 

I find Steyer one of the most interesting candidates, in that he, in many ways, has no credentials but himself.  One would think he's on an ego trip, but he comes off as legitimately humble, and he explains away inconsistencies (e. g. investing in fossil fuels, running as a Climate Change candidate) rather convincingly.  He's been a huge success in business, and he's a guy that I could see as a unifying figure for America, but we'll see.  I can't see him getting the nomination, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if he did. 

I find him an un-hateful man.  While I admire Trump's pugnaciousness and willingness to fight, he does, indeed, pick UNNECESSARY fights at times, and this is the part I like the least of his Administration.  I don't think he keeps grudges, and I think that, if elected, people would be open to him somewhat.  I doubt that will happen.  But if the Democratic Party's nomination is to be bought with money, I'd prefer it be with his money, rather than Bloomberg's.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2020, 10:40:20 AM »

Yes, that is amazing. 

I find Steyer one of the most interesting candidates, in that he, in many ways, has no credentials but himself.  One would think he's on an ego trip, but he comes off as legitimately humble, and he explains away inconsistencies (e. g. investing in fossil fuels, running as a Climate Change candidate) rather convincingly.  He's been a huge success in business, and he's a guy that I could see as a unifying figure for America, but we'll see.  I can't see him getting the nomination, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if he did. 

I find him an un-hateful man.  While I admire Trump's pugnaciousness and willingness to fight, he does, indeed, pick UNNECESSARY fights at times, and this is the part I like the least of his Administration.  I don't think he keeps grudges, and I think that, if elected, people would be open to him somewhat.  I doubt that will happen.  But if the Democratic Party's nomination is to be bought with money, I'd prefer it be with his money, rather than Bloomberg's.

Enjoyed reading this and I agree. Steyer is many times better than Bloomberg. His outreach to the black community has bore great fruit, it looks deservedly so.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2020, 11:13:08 AM »

Steyer is basically the billionaire fill in for Bloomberg in Nevada and South Carolina. Beyond that, he's toast, right?
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2020, 11:56:08 AM »

Where does Steyer go after a strong result in South Carolina?

And I mean literally, what state does he campaign in next?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies