ABC/Facebook NH Republican and Democratic Debate Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:56:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  ABC/Facebook NH Republican and Democratic Debate Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ABC/Facebook NH Republican and Democratic Debate Thread  (Read 31404 times)
Reluctant Republican

« on: January 05, 2008, 06:58:53 PM »

It's really stupid to waste time attacking Paul. None of these guys are going to win support from Paul - once you go Paul, you don't go back.

I actually think its a good idea for these guys to go after Paul. Most Republicans do see him as completely wrong on national security, so a candidate can get huge applause by bashing Paul at one of these things. That was Giuliani’s big moment at one of the first debates, and Huckabee got a lot of favorable coverage when he went after Paul. So their not trying to win Paul’s support I don’t think, as much as they are trying to flex their national security muscle by going after the easy punching bag in the room.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »

I really don't get or care about this whole "facebook" thing.

I have a Myspace which I update every few months. Never got a Facebook though.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »

I hope Paul does not start yelling, as he has a bad tendency to do.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:24:40 PM »

Giuliani is such an ass. Our foreign policy is “irrelevant?” Even if you don’t think it’s the main cause it does play a part.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

Romney's pissed, his mask is slipping a bit. Hell, the rest of the candidates probably hate him more then Paul.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 07:40:25 PM »

Huckabee really does have a good way of connecting with you. When he narrows his eyes like that, I almost believe he really cares about everything he talks about.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »

Man, everytime someone makes a sly remark to Romney he gets this look on his face. You'd figure the guy would have a bit more self control.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 08:14:15 PM »

It's really stupid to waste time attacking Paul. None of these guys are going to win support from Paul - once you go Paul, you don't go back.

I actually think its a good idea for these guys to go after Paul. Most Republicans do see him as completely wrong on national security, so a candidate can get huge applause by bashing Paul at one of these things. That was Giuliani’s big moment at one of the first debates, and Huckabee got a lot of favorable coverage when he went after Paul. So their not trying to win Paul’s support I don’t think, as much as they are trying to flex their national security muscle by going after the easy punching bag in the room.

So they're trying to pillage each others' support by seeing who can attack Paul the most?

Yeah...that's a winning strategy.

Well, that's what they've been doing so far tonight. I think Huckabee's the only one who has not attacked him.

And yeah, Romney's looking like a jerk attacking Mccain right now, even if he is right, he's coming off as a bully. And Paul and Huckabee need to speak up more.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »

I liked Rudy's little joke there. Crowd seems to dislike Romney too.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 08:17:53 PM »

I don't get why Romney's the only one going after McCain. To me at least he seems like the frontrunner, and while bashing Romney is fun, he's already not going to get the nomination.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »

I like how Huckabee is staying above the fray though. Smart move on his part, but I hope someone challanges him again.

Paul's answer was good, if a bit rambling.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »

This is the first debate where I think Thompson's actually felt comfortable.

Not sure if Mccain's little jab their at Romney was a good move though. Let him be the one attacking you, John.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »

Well, that's what they've been doing so far tonight. I think Huckabee's the only one who has not attacked him.

Which is odd cause Paul and Huckabee are the most diametrically opposed ideologies of the six onstage.

I realize Huckabee's playing nice guy and Paul pretty much is. I remember their debate last year where they each debated back and forth, they each critiqued the other very respectably which was nice.

How's Paul doing when he talks? Is he defending himself well? Sounds like Romney's doing bad, is he doing better than him?

Steelers up 7 zip on Jacksonville.

Paul's not talking too much, and since the national security part he’s pretty much being ignored by the others. But he is doing a good job getting his point acrossed  in a mature fashion, IMHO.

Paul just made a joke, which was a tiny bit ackward. But he and Huckabee are praiseing Obama, and that's good, I hate this partisanship.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 08:37:12 PM »

Thompson was doing good up until now, but not here. He sounds cold, he needs to at least pretend to feel people's pain.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 08:41:29 PM »

Looks like its over. The Democratic debate will likely be tame by comparision. but I hope Hillary goes into all out attack mode.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »

I hope Romney runs again. Watching everyone beat him up was the best part of the night.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »

HILLARY SURGE!!

Sorry, should not even joke about that.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »

Hillaty speaks last. How the mighty have fallen...
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 09:24:26 PM »

They should have had this debate first. Everyone's playing nice right now.

Also, Richardson is getting too much time for a guy at 2 percent.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »

Ah, here we go.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 09:28:24 PM »

Hillary first to go negative. Well, I guess no one else was going to do it for her.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 09:35:27 PM »

Ha. Clinton's the Romney of the Democrats. The rest of the party hates her guts.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 09:38:43 PM »

"I want to be the VP."
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »

Hillary's still there?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »

How many times is Richardson going to mention he was a governor?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies