Junkie Concession Speech-- Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:32:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Junkie Concession Speech-- Again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Junkie Concession Speech-- Again  (Read 5689 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »

Much props, man. I hope--and believe--you'll be in the Senate someday sooner rather than later.

I totally agree with this.  Just don't run against me please Wink lol
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »

Much props, man. I hope--and believe--you'll be in the Senate someday sooner rather than later.

I totally agree with this.  Just don't run against me please Wink lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This comes to mind lol
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »

I just wanted to take some time to address the recent "Reality or Nothing" bill passed by the Senate.  What happened was a tragedy.  No one in their right mind would condone the killing of innocent people, no matter the cause or beliefs behind it.  Terrorism is a criminal act, pure and simple.

That being said, I find the recent actions of the Senate a little troubling.  In the first part, the bill labels the group a "terrorist group."  The second part authorizes the government to use "whatever reasonable and lawful means they can to stop Reality or Nothing from committing any further acts of terrorism."

Exactly what does this mean? I assume this is meant to tell the government to investigate the group and try to prevent future acts of terror.  Unless I am mistaken as to Atlasian law, the government already has that power.  Blowing up buildings and killing people is against the law.  Law Enforcement is empowered to investigate crimes and arrest those that committed those crimes.  So, best case scenario, this law tells police and federal authorities to do what they should already be doing.

What troubles me is the precedent.  This statute could lead to "labeling" of organizations and the people that are members.  Members of Reality or Nothing piss me off, but unless they commit crimes, assist those who commit crimes, or solicit others to commit those crimes, what have they done wrong other than be A**holes?

I have been prosecuting violent street gangs for the last five years.  Wisconsin currently does not have a statute that outlaws gangs or gang membership.  Unlike many of coworkers, I think that is for the best.  I hate gangs, but simply being in one should not be a crime, commiting a crime is.

I just get scared when governments start labeling organizations and criminalizing what is either "motive" or "association."

Thak You.

I thought it interesting the bill passed without any query as to what evidence, if any, was then available showing RON was actually responsible....

If I recall correctly they claimed responsibility correct?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies