Opinion of Edward Kennedy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:33:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Edward Kennedy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Edward Kennedy (D-MA), the longtime senator who just died?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Opinion of Edward Kennedy?  (Read 3120 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »

The most Presidential thing JFK ever did was get shot.  Had it not been for Oswald, he'd have gone down in history as a medium-weight two-term president.

Wow, it's like with Mary, Queen of Scots. Who'd remember her if she was not first reigning monarch executed? Wink

Who? Tongue

Not my favorite of the Kennedy brothers, but he's still a FF for his work fighting for equal rights and universal healthcare.

It's a shame he won't pass Thurmond for longest serving senator, as he did much more good for this country than ol' Strom ever did.  Not saying legislative accomplishments = time in legislature, but you know what I mean.
Kennedy never could have passed Thurmond, Byrd already did that three years ago. Tongue

I certainly would not have minded seeing Kennedy pass Byrd., but that has more to do with Robert than Teddy.
Mart
Rookie
Chad

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »

The most Presidential thing JFK ever did was get shot.  Had it not been for Oswald, he'd have gone down in history as a medium-weight two-term president.

Wow, it's like with Mary, Queen of Scots. Who'd remember her if she was not first reigning monarch executed? Wink

Who? Tongue

Not my favorite of the Kennedy brothers, but he's still a FF for his work fighting for equal rights and universal healthcare.

It's a shame he won't pass Thurmond for longest serving senator, as he did much more good for this country than ol' Strom ever did.  Not saying legislative accomplishments = time in legislature, but you know what I mean.
Kennedy never could have passed Thurmond, Byrd already did that three years ago. Tongue

I certainly would not have minded seeing Kennedy pass Byrd., but that has more to do with Robert than Teddy.

Ugh, why did you have to do that? Tongue  Just before I was about to edit it.

Some like myself would admit that Byrd is forgettable, seeing that now he essentially just gave up most of the senatorial power he had to Inouye.

And, you know.  The whole old thing...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 08:13:04 PM »

A massive FF. One of the greatest Senators America has ever been privileged to have. He would have made a good President.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »

The only liberal Kennedy.

Come on, guys. He was no Daniel Webster.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

Kennedy = can of awesomeness
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 10:10:07 PM »

Can we start an unofficial policy to not do these polls right after somebody passes away?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »

This is a much better place to bitch than the RIP thread though.  I still say we should at least give a dead famous guy a week before you rip into him...or better yet, just get it out of the way while he was alive.  Leave the raping of the dead to the guys that do it best, leftists.

That said, his liking of his rich buddies over the environment reeks of elitism...but we're talking about a wealthy NorthEastern Democrat here, who is more elitist than that?  Can't take a piss on him for being what he is.  That would be like hating a southerner because of his accent or somebody from New Jersey/Philly for being a douchebag or a fish because he's wet.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 02:02:34 PM »

This is a much better place to bitch than the RIP thread though.  I still say we should at least give a dead famous guy a week before you rip into him...

True, let the guy roast in peace for now. Ted's got an eternity to pay for the evil deeds he committed while he staggered upon the earth.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »

A massive FF. One of the greatest Senators America has ever been privileged to have. He would have made a good President.

What kind of Republican are you?

Anyway, I voted FF because he truly believed in the many causes he was fighting for even if I disagreed with him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies