Israel-Gaza war (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:13:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war (search mode)
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 207825 times)
wnwnwn
Peru

« on: February 10, 2024, 08:30:35 PM »
« edited: February 10, 2024, 08:34:19 PM by wnwnwn »

Is that how it is here?  Fine, I can play that game too:

Judging by the trajectory of anti-Vietnam War protests, it is only a matter of time before you all will be waving Hamas flags in the streets during your protests and demonstrations alongside your Palestinian flags, chanting 'we are all Hamas!'.  How soon will it be before some of you will be openly wishing the Nazis had 'finished the job' in news interviews, assuming you aren't doing so already?  No one outside your movement actually likes you. Have you ever wondered about that?  

It's a different situation. Americans drafted youth ain't dying on Gaza nor Israel. Normal people care about other things. A situation with the Vietnam War is that communist used the situation to get some support in the USA. In this case, muslims are using the situation to try somehow to reduce islamophobia and increase the support by american progressives and DSA of them. Something common is that the racial elements are overrated by the 'anti-western imperialism' side. North Vietnam fought South Vietnam with USA support. There were ethnic vietnami people on both sides. The problem is that it was guerrilla war, something that caused a war as nasty and unwinnable as it ended up being. In Gaza, the racial situario  is the question whatever israeli jewish people have a right in the area. To me, the 'white colonizer' argument is nonsense. The problem is that Hamas as a islamist militia (terrorists group, one may say) won't do normal welfare. They hode in tunnels and Israel can't just flood the tunnels as there are israelis there. The result is a nasty lopsided war too.

I'm a zionist, but I think that Israel deserve to have a lot of ofensive measures funded as long as they have a well funded Iron Dome program. If I was Biden, I would push to fully fund the Iron Dome, fund guns and fund israeli soldier training up to a point, but not fund any bombs directed to Gaza soil.
Obviously, antizionist would also be agaisnt that idea, but they are a minority in US politics. The problem is that AIPAC and especially zionist hardliners like Mast would also be agaisnt the idea.

UNWRA deserves no funding, but there should be some sort of replacement.

On what Biden will actually do, I think he is a zionist but he also tries to be seem a moderate on the issue. He has demanded a report just before Israel got under that Hamas data tunnel. I think he and the AIPAC have some sort of plan to increase the support to Israel and justify more funding to it.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 03:16:36 PM »

Every American is complicit, including us.

Why? For not voting Hawkins?
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 03:07:44 AM »

Well, now people hopefully will get that the 'Biden calls and then the war ends' idea was full nonsense.
I feel like Bibi waited a to invade Rafah until he could had a moment to 'justify the existence of Israel'. The students protests were that. Not that Israel's image became much better during them, but it helped him with his base.

The only issue that the USA should really take care about on the war are american hostages. If Israel had only preassured on that innitialy...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies