GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:41:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 144800 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 15, 2022, 09:35:20 AM »
« edited: October 15, 2022, 09:43:19 AM by Torie »

1. I did not watch the debate.

2. I have read press coverage of the debate.

3. If winning the debate means winning the press coverage of it, since relatively few persuadable voters watched the debate, an example of the press coverage that is reasonably representative, is from by far the most influential paper in the state:

Herschel Walker’s debate performance scores points for his campaign 1/

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/herschel-walkers-debate-performance-scores-points-with-supporters/NLEXBRY5KFDHJEU3WICO4P5MNQ/

When the history of the control of the Senate campaign in this election cycle is written, it may well be that last night will be viewed as a key, if not the key, inflection point.

1/ Walker even got a very favorable image out of the article, with him coming across as the alpha male in the photo of the two candidates shaking hands.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 09:57:18 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2022, 10:24:43 AM by Torie »

Absent perhaps my little footnote, one might be able to interpret my post in any way one likes, sort of like its own Rorschach test.  Angel

If before the debate, the newspaper had said to the Walker campaign, if you pay us $100,000 cash in small unmarked bills in exchange for the article it in fact published after the debate, I would have paid it in a heartbeat. The article even said that the claim that Walker paid for an abortion of his love child has not been independently verified. I would have paid an extra 50K just for that one sentence.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 10:17:08 AM »

Oh HC, I suspect I am a highly unrepresentative poster on this forum. It would be most unfair to judge this forum based on the content of my posts.

In any event, have a good day, and indeed, if you leave the building, a good life. All the best.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 10:46:17 AM »

They really don't think it's an embarrassing look for him to be chaperoned on every TV hit he now does?

It's less embarrassing than what he would do without the chaperones.

And here's a new piece of bad news for Walker:

Republican Herschel Walker is getting a tax break intended only for a primary residence this year on his home in the Dallas, Texas, area, despite running for Senate in Georgia.

Publicly available tax records reviewed by CNN’s KFile show Walker is listed to get a homestead tax exemption in Texas in 2022, saving the Senate candidate approximately $1,500 and potentially running afoul of both Texas tax rules and some Georgia rules on establishing residency for the purpose of voting or running for office.

Walker registered to vote in Atlanta, Georgia, in 2021 after living in Texas for two decades and voting infrequently. In Texas, homeowner regulations say you can only take the exemption on your “principal residence.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/23/politics/kfile-herschel-walker-texas-tax-break-georgia-runoff

He probably didn't file the paperwork when he changed his principal residence. I doubt this one was done with fraudulent intent. One would think his campaign staff would vet things like this. Walker has to be the most incompetent Senate candidate of the season, with Blake Masters the weirdest.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 01:21:07 PM »

They really don't think it's an embarrassing look for him to be chaperoned on every TV hit he now does?

It's less embarrassing than what he would do without the chaperones.

And here's a new piece of bad news for Walker:

Republican Herschel Walker is getting a tax break intended only for a primary residence this year on his home in the Dallas, Texas, area, despite running for Senate in Georgia.

Publicly available tax records reviewed by CNN’s KFile show Walker is listed to get a homestead tax exemption in Texas in 2022, saving the Senate candidate approximately $1,500 and potentially running afoul of both Texas tax rules and some Georgia rules on establishing residency for the purpose of voting or running for office.

Walker registered to vote in Atlanta, Georgia, in 2021 after living in Texas for two decades and voting infrequently. In Texas, homeowner regulations say you can only take the exemption on your “principal residence.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/23/politics/kfile-herschel-walker-texas-tax-break-georgia-runoff

He probably didn't file the paperwork when he changed his principal residence. I doubt this one was done with fraudulent intent. One would think his campaign staff would vet things like this. Walker has to be the most incompetent Senate candidate of the season, with Blake Masters the weirdest.

True but if he actually intended to commit to Georgia, why keep a house in Texas at all? It’s not for the natural beauty or cultural events. Most likely he still has the house, enabling this issue to come up, because he’s moving back if he loses.

I do notice that GA has a modest income tax.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 09:17:13 AM »

Precinct loyalty map for the 2021 special runoff and the 2022 runoff in the Atlanta metro. Warnock improved in most places, but it looks like his biggest gains were in North Fulton and East Cobb:

That little island of red between Forest Park and South Fulton amuses me.
Buckhead is naturally more Republican than, say, areas to its south.

That's where Driving Miss Daisy was based.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies