NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:16:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47280 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: December 08, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »

Mark Walker would probably be fine, but McCrory would be an abject disaster. Very much doubt he runs. Trump is more of a wildcard, she could do better or worse than Generic R.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 01:32:12 PM »

You know, I like Jeff Jackson as much as the next guy, and I really hope I'm missing something, but looking at the numbers I'm just not really seeing how a win is super feasible here. I mean, it looks like NC's trend has slowed to a snail's pace, and Jackson is going to have to improve on Biden's margin by at least a point or so in a midterm environment. That's certainly not impossible, and it's a damn sight more likely than Ohio or Iowa, but unless something big happens I just don't see how Republicans aren't the very clear favorites.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 10:30:55 PM »

Former Chief Justice Cheri Beasley (D) will likely enter the Senate race within the next few days. Former Governor Pat McCrory (R) is also likely to enter, but likely won't announce a bid until later this year.

Additionally, Rep. Ted Budd (R) is considering the race. Lara Trump is considered unlikely to run at this point:

https://www.carolinajournal.com/news-article/former-governor-chief-justice-inch-closer-to-running-for-burrs-seat-in-the-u-s-senate/

McCrory pls
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 04:53:26 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/14/lara-trump-richard-burr-north-carolina-senator-impeachment-trial-lindsey-graham

Lindsey Graham says Lara Trump's potential Senate bid boosted by Burr's vote, says he'll endorse if she runs
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 10:33:31 PM »

McCrory would be worst case scenario for the NC GOP, although he'd still probably be favored
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 04:04:00 PM »

McCrory has immense name recognition here but also lacks appeal to the conservative base. Thus, I don’t see him being victorious in the primary.

I think the primary and general election is Budd’s to lose, particularly after the Trump endorsement. I have a generic Republican winning the Tar Heel State next year by a margin of around 2.5 to 6 percentage points.

Yeah all these polls that have McCroy up big are useless. Budd has barely had time to get his name out and Trump will certainly campaign for him in NC. Budd's annoucement ad was leagues above McCroy plus Budd doesn't have the baggage of losing statewide as a Republican when Trump won the state. I'm pretty confident Budd gets this one although I predict that this race will go to a run off.

North Carolina in a red wave year is probably Lean Republican- with it being Likely in the best case scenario (unlikely).

I don’t see this race going to a runoff in a Biden midterm.

North Carolina doesn't have runoffs for the general, does it?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 12:46:52 PM »

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/07/cheri-beasley-teams-with-controversial-missouri-rep-to-fundraise/

Let me point out that this century, Democrats have not won a presidential or Senate election in North Carolina, the only exception being the massive wave blue year of 2008. A year so great for them that they flipped House seats in Idaho and southeast Alabama. Though recent elections have been close, the state does appear to have a stubborn Republican tilt.

So why on earth does Beasley think it would be a good idea to fundraise with someone as toxic as f**king Cori Bush? Is she actually that dumb? This would be the equivalent of Chris Sununu fundraising with MTG.

it says a lot that you equate MTG and Bush

MTG is obviously worse, but it’s not exactly an unfair comparison by any stretch

Literally how

Both are deranged, anti-Semitic, race-baiting demagogues who’ve made a schtick out of embarrassing their party with dumb, counterproductive comments in order to play to their party’s most extreme fringe factions while showing very little serious interest in actually trying to accomplish anything during their time in Congress.  

Remember when MTG literally compared wearing masks to the treatment of Jews in the Third Reich? I struggle to think of anything Bush has done which even approaches that level of distastefulness
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 07:19:21 PM »

She may have lost the Election with her stance wanting to end the Filibuster

You people have GOT to get out of your bubbles lol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies