Is Trump done ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 12:13:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Is Trump done ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is Trump done ?  (Read 3505 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: September 20, 2020, 12:12:15 PM »

I'd be surprised if he won at this point. But I'm less confident than I was 4 years ago, so we'll see.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 04:55:16 PM »

If McConnell really wanted Trump to win, he would have promised to keep the seat open until 1/20/21 and I honestly think that would have been the end of the Biden candidacy. Every single one of the Republican voters for Biden would have come home immediately and it would have been over. But he's not going to do that because there's still a pretty big chance Trump will lose, so he's taking the safe route of ramming through a vote right now.

Except the “Biden Republicans” are pretty moderate overall. They are likely heavily pro-choice and not fans of ACA repeal.

Yep. Also, Biden could probably win even without Biden Republicans (although they certainly help). The Supreme Court helps more with turnout among party bases than anything else. And the death of Ginsburg doesn't change the reality that the President has the power to appoint justices; it just brings it to the front of everyone's mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies