Should OSR be muted from the "User complaints megathread"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:40:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should OSR be muted from the "User complaints megathread"?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Should OSR be muted from the "User complaints megathread"?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Should OSR be muted from the "User complaints megathread"?  (Read 1279 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2024, 12:12:03 PM »
« edited: May 09, 2024, 12:17:05 PM by Never Made it to Graceland »

[Vosem and jaichind never engaged in personal attacks on other users yet were explicitly banned for their views. We know it’s a left-wing blog but it’s interesting to see what behavior is tolerated and what isn’t.

I will never understand why so many of you think that personal attacks are worse than being bigoted.

Like you're really going to tell me that you'd rather this forum have a polite neo-Nazi than a rude person with mainstream views?

Because views encourage debate and discussion on a forum.
Meanwhile personal attacks interfere and derail debate and discussion.

No, open racism, etc. doesn't "encourage debate and discussion." It turn places into sewers.

Speaking about our enemies the same we always do isn’t racism . Just like saying “The Russians are the bad guys”.

If you want to go with that, 80% of the people who try and scam my company are Indian men, so Indians are scammers and bad people.

The whataboutism leftists do to defend Islamists is ridiculous. Muh BJP , Muh Likud , Muh Christian Right

No, he's using your own bad logic against you.

I can't understand why you have been defending "all Palestinians are bad" for days instead of just recognizing it's not the right thing to say and moderating your own language to say "Hamas is bad" "the leaders of Palestine are bad" or "supporting Hamas is evil" if that's what you MEAN, none of which would be remotely controversial.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2024, 12:18:25 PM »

[Vosem and jaichind never engaged in personal attacks on other users yet were explicitly banned for their views. We know it’s a left-wing blog but it’s interesting to see what behavior is tolerated and what isn’t.

I will never understand why so many of you think that personal attacks are worse than being bigoted.

Like you're really going to tell me that you'd rather this forum have a polite neo-Nazi than a rude person with mainstream views?

No, open racism, etc. doesn't "encourage debate and discussion." It turn places into sewers.

Speaking about our enemies the same we always do isn’t racism . Just like saying “The Russians are the bad guys”.

If you want to go with that, 80% of the people who try and scam my company are Indian men, so Indians are scammers and bad people.

The whataboutism leftists do to defend Islamists is ridiculous. Muh BJP , Muh Likud , Muh Christian Right

No, you’re REALLY having a hard time understanding that “x is bad” is not how the world works. Individuals can be terrible people but the group can never be uniform. Coincidentally you’re at the same time conforming to the exact stereotype of linear thinking and inability to think and inability to process the whole that all the Indian tech people at my work have as well. But again, that’s not everyone.

Saying Russians are bad isn’t saying every Russian is bad . Also saying not every group is ready for democracy isn’t inaccurate either , that’s just pure realism .

I don’t think russians are ready for it either at the moment but hopefully one day they are
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2024, 12:20:17 PM »

No, he's using your own bad logic against you.

I can't understand why you have been defending "all Palestinians are bad" for days instead of just recognizing it's not the right thing to say and moderating your own language to say "Hamas is bad" "the leaders of Palestine are bad" or "supporting Hamas is evil" if that's what you MEAN, none of which would be remotely controversial.

I think Palestinians should be able to have a democracy as long as all anti Israel parties are banned .
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2024, 12:25:17 PM »

No, you’re REALLY having a hard time understanding that “x is bad” is not how the world works. Individuals can be terrible people but the group can never be uniform. Coincidentally you’re at the same time conforming to the exact stereotype of linear thinking and inability to think and inability to process the whole that all the Indian tech people at my work have as well. But again, that’s not everyone.

Saying Russians are bad isn’t saying every Russian is bad .

That's what it means on its face. You can't say offensive things over and over and hope you always get the charitable interpretation. (Although GMac knew full well what he was saying was offensive. He just didn't care. That was kind of the defining trait of his posting tenure here.)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2024, 12:26:39 PM »

That's what it means on its face. You can't say offensive things over and over and hope you always get the charitable interpretation. (Although GMac knew full well what he was saying was offensive. He just didn't care. That was kind of the defining trait of his posting tenure here.)

No , that’s simply not how actual people talk . People say stuff like this all the time and hell we used to say it all the time as well . During the Cold War we’d always say “the Russians are the bad guys”
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2024, 12:29:27 PM »

No , that’s simply not how actual people talk . People say stuff like this all the time and hell we used to say it all the time as well . During the Cold War we’d always say “the Russians are the bad guys”

That is offensive and wrong too because the "bad guys" was the Soviet government, not the Russian people. I hate Putin, but I would support someone being modded for saying "the Russians are bad" and "they deserve what they get because they support Putin."
That's the standard here and you are going to have to accept that.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2024, 01:01:27 PM »

You can’t have it both ways.

You can’t say “Palestinians aren’t capable of democracy” and then say “whoa, hold on, I’m talking about the government, not the people” in the same breath.

It is objectively racist to say that some races are superior than other races.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2024, 01:09:29 PM »

Whether he should or shouldn't, it's undeniable that the guy is spiraling out of control right now. Dude feels like he's riding the escalator to a ban.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2024, 01:11:24 PM »

What we mean is that giving Palestinians democracy would result in them electing Hamas or Hamas adjacent people .  Even Fatah has pay for slay as well. Democracy certainly has failed especially in places like Afghanistan .
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2024, 01:57:09 PM »

What we mean is that giving Palestinians democracy would result in them electing Hamas or Hamas adjacent people .  Even Fatah has pay for slay as well. Democracy certainly has failed especially in places like Afghanistan .

So like Americans voting for Republicans because they believe immigration lies and replacement theory lies and want to “fight back”, even violently against what they feel is an invading force? Hmmmm…..seems like ‘Murica does it too…
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2024, 04:01:33 PM »

So like Americans voting for Republicans because they believe immigration lies and replacement theory lies and want to “fight back”, even violently against what they feel is an invading force? Hmmmm…..seems like ‘Murica does it too…

They also think that everyone works their monies and people in poverty are failed, but it's called inheritance Trump never worked for his monies it was inheritance
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2024, 06:40:36 PM »

It's only whataboutism when Republicans do it.

I'm waiting for the nasty personal attack.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2024, 06:43:02 PM »

Another non-sequitur followed by more persecution complex.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2024, 06:48:33 PM »

Another non-sequitur followed by more persecution complex.

I should have seen this coming. 

That was a real Effort Post!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2024, 06:56:58 PM »

This simply the problem with liberals . Insane amount of false equivalencies done
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2024, 07:05:21 PM »

This simply the problem with liberals . Insane amount of false equivalencies done

I’m sorry, it’s too hard you to understand with your linear, monochrome thought process. But if you think about, it’s not hard to understand.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2024, 07:13:18 PM »

I’m sorry, it’s too hard you to understand with your linear, monochrome thought process. But if you think about, it’s not hard to understand.

Islamists are far worse than any party in the west or in Israel . Full stop
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2024, 07:33:40 PM »

The whole user complaints thread is pure lunacy in general. I've never been on a forum that has even 10% of the tattling and whining this one does.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2024, 08:03:30 PM »

We don’t need anymore USGD style bickering than we already have. Let us as staff rest for a day or two at minimum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies