Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:08:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Trump voter: If audio surfaced of Trump calling war heroes “losers” and “suckers” would you change your vote?
I’d still vote for Trump (R)

I’d switch to Biden (R)

Someone else (R)

Not a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for?  (Read 2459 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: September 04, 2020, 07:03:46 AM »

theatlantic.com/amp/article/615997/

Trump reportedly called war heroes “losers” and “suckers.”

While that’s not confirmed, it is confirmed that he’s referred to other war heroes as such. He himself is a draft dodger. And he allowed Russia to put bounties on our soldiers.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 10:29:45 AM »

If you haven't abandoned Mr. Trump already, there is nothing why you shouldn't continue to support him, even if said expressions are on tape. Trumpism, which essentially has taken over the GOP, isn't a serious political philosophy or even a vision for America, it's a cult. If such a tape existed and came out, the cultists will continue to embarrass themselves by trying to defend their cult leader with the most absurd excuses, or they will claim the tape is fake. Just another Dem, radical left or mainstream media hoax to sink their dear leader.

I agree. Normal Republicans and decent Americans have already endorsed Biden.  Everyone else in the party is supporting Trump.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »

Not a Republican, though I am a Trump supporter, and while Trump could lose my vote, it would be because of actions not words. I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.

Oh okay, so someone can demean and degrade the troops and you’d still vote for them.  You’re so patriotic and classy.

Roll Eyes
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »

I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.

The "events of these last few months" being a bunch of people who are not Democrats rioting in the streets while Democrats denounce them and Biden calls for them to be prosecuted?
It only took Biden a whole summer to decide to denounce them, no big deal Roll Eyes

Russia put bounties on our troops, Trump knew and did nothing.

Trump called our troops who perished in battle “losers” and “suckers.”

Trump said a prisoner of war was not a war hero.

Which is more egregious?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 06:37:43 AM »

I have to admit I’m astonished by the discussion in this thread, even with Fuzzy Bear.

If there’s one thing Republicans have remained consistent on for the last 20 or so years it’s been a love and respect for the troops and the military.

The poll results and ensuing discussion shows that Republicans no longer have any respect or admiration for the military...rather, that respect is contingent on Donald Trump.

Make America great?  They’ve made America worse.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 08:02:39 AM »

Biden: "I wholeheartedly condemn violence and rioting"
Trump: "Soldiers who died for our country are suckers for going to war and losers for getting killed"
Fuzzy Bear: "Donald Trump has my enthusiastic support"

Because Biden won't repudiate the rioters in particular.  He won't name BLM and Antifa.

Biden's statement is a cowardly Johnny-Come-Lately statement made 3 months after it was plain that major cities were engulfed in riots.  Better late than never, I suppose, but not really good enough.

Biden has learnt that the riots are hurting his poll numbers.

Politics is sad greasy business.

Once again, Biden began condemning the riots four days after they began.  Why do you people keep lying about this?

If election campaigns were based on truth, the Republican Party could not win.

If elections were determined by actual votes, the Republican Party could not win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies