Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:41:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Trump voter: If audio surfaced of Trump calling war heroes “losers” and “suckers” would you change your vote?
I’d still vote for Trump (R)

I’d switch to Biden (R)

Someone else (R)

Not a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for?  (Read 2440 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2020, 07:03:46 AM »

theatlantic.com/amp/article/615997/

Trump reportedly called war heroes “losers” and “suckers.”

While that’s not confirmed, it is confirmed that he’s referred to other war heroes as such. He himself is a draft dodger. And he allowed Russia to put bounties on our soldiers.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 09:53:06 AM »

If you haven't abandoned Mr. Trump already, there is nothing why you shouldn't continue to support him, even if said expressions are on tape. Trumpism, which essentially has taken over the GOP, isn't a serious political philosophy or even a vision for America, it's a cult. If such a tape existed and came out, the cultists will continue to embarrass themselves by trying to defend their cult leader with the most absurd excuses, or they will claim the tape is fake. Just another Dem, radical left or mainstream media hoax to sink their dear leader.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 09:57:49 AM »

If you haven't abandoned Mr. Trump already, there is nothing why you shouldn't continue to support him, even if said expressions are on tape. Trumpism, which essentially has taken over the GOP, isn't a serious political philosophy or even a vision for America, it's a cult. If such a tape existed and came out, the cultists will continue to embarrass themselves by trying to defend their cult leader with the most absurd excuses, or they will claim the tape is fake. Just another Dem, radical left or mainstream media hoax to sink their dear leader.
Well, I would argue with this take for being overly biased and critical of ordinary republicans, except that the take is infact entirely correct.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 10:29:45 AM »

I agree. Normal Republicans and decent Americans have already endorsed Biden.  Everyone else in the party is supporting Trump.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 11:02:18 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2020, 09:08:41 PM by NoobMaster69 »

I agree. Normal Republicans and decent Americans have already endorsed Biden.  Everyone else in the party is supporting Trump.

No, “normal Republicans” haven’t endorsed Biden. Trump is the symptom of a rotten party, not the disease you know. I’m tired of people on both sides acting like he’s an aberration.

Edit: Some Nixon tapes got unclassified this week. Look how he talked about Indira Gandhi. The GOP has been like this since Eisenhower left office. Trump is just the supernova of all of this. He just doesn’t hide it.

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 11:29:56 AM »

Not a Republican, though I am a Trump supporter, and while Trump could lose my vote, it would be because of actions not words. I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »

Hawkins
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 11:47:34 AM »

I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.

The "events of these last few months" being a bunch of people who are not Democrats rioting in the streets while Democrats denounce them and Biden calls for them to be prosecuted?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 11:56:07 AM »

Not a Republican, though I am a Trump supporter, and while Trump could lose my vote, it would be because of actions not words. I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.

Words are actions.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 11:59:40 AM »

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »

Oh okay, so someone can demean and degrade the troops and you’d still vote for them.  You’re so patriotic and classy.

Roll Eyes
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »

I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.

The "events of these last few months" being a bunch of people who are not Democrats rioting in the streets while Democrats denounce them and Biden calls for them to be prosecuted?
It only took Biden a whole summer to decide to denounce them, no big deal Roll Eyes
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 01:30:11 PM »

Trump’s Covid response was an action, (or a lack of an action.)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »

It only took Biden a whole summer to decide to denounce them, no big deal Roll Eyes

Russia put bounties on our troops, Trump knew and did nothing.

Trump called our troops who perished in battle “losers” and “suckers.”

Trump said a prisoner of war was not a war hero.

Which is more egregious?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 02:28:41 PM »

Which is more egregious?
The Russian bounties are part of geopolitics. We support people in the Ukraine and Syria killing Russians.

The two quotes about dead soldiers are media hearsay that haven’t been proven. You’re arguing in bad faith.

Hitler was a war hero too.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 02:30:13 PM »

Which is more egregious?
The Russian bounties are part of geopolitics. We support people in the Ukraine and Syria killing Russians.

The two quotes about dead soldiers are media hearsay that haven’t been proven. You’re arguing in bad faith.

Off topic, but why would you consider supporting Hawkins if you weren’t voting for Trump? He’s pretty left wing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 02:33:40 PM »

Which is more egregious?

Off topic, but why would you consider supporting Hawkins if you weren’t voting for Trump? He’s pretty left wing.
He’s militantly anti-war. As I’ve said for years, I would dump Trump the second he invaded Iran.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 02:40:53 PM »

LMAO be real. No they wouldn't. He has said almost as bad things on tape and Twitter on a near weekly basis and he still is polling in the low to mid 40's.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 02:43:55 PM »

Of course they would still back him. He may have meant it as a joke, but the Fifth Avenue remark is absolutely true. They also were fine with the attacks on McCain and the Khan family.
Andrew
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2020, 04:46:58 PM »

If Trump ate a baby on live TV, his supporters would blame the baby.  And Hillary.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2020, 05:05:32 PM »

Of course they would still back him. He may have meant it as a joke, but the Fifth Avenue remark is absolutely true. They also were fine with the attacks on McCain and the Khan family.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2020, 06:46:53 PM »

Trump can break a supporter's legs and they'd still crawl into the voting booth to vote for him.

They will never turn on him. They don't care.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2020, 07:52:36 PM »

They can't hear you, they've shoved their fingers in their ears.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2020, 08:38:08 PM »

If Trump ate a baby on live TV, his supporters would blame the baby.  And Hillary.

"Plenty of other presidents have eaten babies in private, and Democrats knew about it and said nothing, but now Trump does it and you lose your minds."
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2020, 08:54:01 PM »

Tell us that Trump loves the vets and loves our country. Tell us.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies