Who’s church is closer to following “true” Christianity: BRTD’s, or ER’s? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:50:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who’s church is closer to following “true” Christianity: BRTD’s, or ER’s? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
BRTD
ER
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Who’s church is closer to following “true” Christianity: BRTD’s, or ER’s?  (Read 3257 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« on: May 27, 2022, 07:26:21 AM »

For what it's worth, I believe that what the Bible says is perfectly True and that any human ideology or worldview will fall short.  There have been plenty of times where I've voiced discomfort or disagreement with a GOP position, focus, or direction based on my faith.  I hate that my username is ExtremeRepublican, because I think it clouds that belief a bit.  And, I'll note that I wasn't truly a Christian in 2015 when I registered here under that name.

And, there absolutely are cases of churches that idolize politics and let their party morph into their religion.  I've talked candidly here about a church not that far from me called Global Vision (Pastor Greg Locke) that is a MAGA rally disguised as a church.  That's not to say that the Church should totally withdraw from politics either.  But, when we engage, the direction of that engagement has to be letting our faith flow to politics, not the other way around.

How can the Bible be “perfectly True” when it frequently contradicts itself (as is to be perfectly naturally expected of a text compiled over 1500 years by many different authors)? My understanding is very much that, unlike, say, Islam, which holds that the Quran is the direct word of God, most Christians do not believe that the Bible was literally dictated to its human authors word-for-word by God; rather, it is merely divinely-inspired, and thus is liable to human error.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies