COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:01:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 541610 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2021, 04:26:57 PM »

I preemptively oppose ANY public health measure or covid restriction due to the delta variant.

If you are vaccinated... I guess the anti mask clowns who said covid is just like the flu.. they are technically right now.. IF you are vaccinated and get a break through case.

All of the people calling for new restrictions never ever wanted to move on past covid.

Thank goodness Virginia is holding elections this year so no worry of covid restrictions here.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »

Okay okay okay I'll take back what I said. It was a little dramatic.

I just want to ensure kids are back in school this fall and there are no lockdowns.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2021, 07:10:28 PM »

Okay okay okay I'll take back what I said. It was a little dramatic.

I just want to ensure kids are back in school this fall and there are no lockdowns.

The only way to ensure this without another large scale outbreak is mandated vaccines, which nobody seems to want to do.

Neither lockdowns or mandatory vaccines will happen. Schools will be open this fall.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2021, 10:29:25 PM »

Reported for misinformation and vaccine denialism.

People are looking for ANY reason to reinstate covid restrictions forever.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2021, 10:49:02 PM »

No, people actually want the opposite. They want everyone to be vaccinated so we can reopen safely and not need to lockdown again. Rushing to reopen is going to necessitate another lockdown.

There will never be another lockdown in the United States again.

We will not be held hostage over a segment of the population who refuses to be injected with a safe and effective vaccine.

And the left screaming that "VACCINES ARE NOT 100% EFFECTIVE!!! ZOMG!!" is not helping at all.

With the wide availablilty of vaccines, I put the economy at a higher priority than public health.

I put the prospects for Democrats winning the 2021 and 2022 elections at a higher  than "public health".  Democrats would be wiped off the map if there is another "lockdown". Which the United States never actually had.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2021, 10:52:11 PM »

ooooo and covid proved that hospitality workers.. many of them are lazy as ****. They are almost as bad as teachers in refusing to go back to work.

Come october they will be begging to get their jobs back. hahahahaha
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »

No, people actually want the opposite. They want everyone to be vaccinated so we can reopen safely and not need to lockdown again. Rushing to reopen is going to necessitate another lockdown.

There will never be another lockdown in America. The public would riot. And frankly, I wouldn't blame them. Locking down the country when over half of us have done our part and gotten vaccinated would be absolutely idiotic.

There will never be another lockdown in the United States again.

We will not be held hostage over a segment of the population who refuses to be injected with a safe and effective vaccine.

And the left screaming that "VACCINES ARE NOT 100% EFFECTIVE!!! ZOMG!!" is not helping at all.

With the wide availablilty of vaccines, I put the economy at a higher priority than public health.

I put the prospects for Democrats winning the 2021 and 2022 elections at a higher  than "public health".  Democrats would be wiped off the map if there is another "lockdown". Which the United States never actually had.

Both of these posts read as treating unvaccinated people as collateral damage, when many of them include children, who are too young to get the vaccine.

Too bad for you there will never be a lockdown in the United States again. Specifically not the Trump states nor Virginia or any of the marginal midwestern states.

oh.. and now it is Virginia law that schools must offer in person learning.  There is no way the pro lockdown people can win now.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2021, 11:09:45 PM »

I remember after Biden's election victory that many on the online left thought he would come into office on January 20th and lockdown the entire country. Haha he has literally done the opposite.

Biden would have zero authority to lockdown the entire country and a vast majority of states would refuse to comply.

And we shall not become another Australia. Eventually, Australia will have to open up and have their entire population extremely vulnerable to covid as there is virtually no natural immunity down there.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2021, 09:13:47 AM »

I cant believe some posters are still advocating shutting down the US economy.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2021, 09:26:03 AM »

I cant believe some posters are still advocating shutting down the US economy.
With the Delta Variant, a preemptive lockdown is necessary to save lives and prevent hospitals from being overrun. I do not want to see what happened in India (~4 million deaths according to unofficial figures) happen here. The MAGA movement and our two turncoat Democratic Senators from West Virginia and Arizona are opposed to such public health measures however and would rather see millions of people infected and dead than to implement proven public health measures.

We have access to vaccines and a far better health care system than India. The situation is not comparable.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2021, 09:30:36 AM »

I remember after Biden's election victory that many on the online left thought he would come into office on January 20th and lockdown the entire country. Haha he has literally done the opposite.

Biden would have zero authority to lockdown the entire country and a vast majority of states would refuse to comply.

And we shall not become another Australia. Eventually, Australia will have to open up and have their entire population extremely vulnerable to covid as there is virtually no natural immunity down there.

Australia and NZ are going to be vaccinated too and end up avoiding massive loss of life, and actually avoid a lot of the economic impact too.

End of the day.. no matter what you want...There will be no lockdowns in the United States. People will be riding mass transportation. People will live in cities. People are still returning to the office. People are still going maskless. There is nothing anyone can do to stop that.

The very very most that would happen in parts of the United States would be some jurisdictions banning mega gatherings in doors or requiring indoor mask wearing in the winter.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2021, 09:38:35 AM »

Today I am going to take mass transportation in order to resistence the pro lockdown people.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »

Imagine a few years ago thinking that you could own and upset the libs by riding mass transit
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2021, 07:41:48 AM »

Also, the amount of “Democrats” on here who are upset that Covid isn’t 100% magically solved and that the vaccines aren’t as effective as originally thought are only upset for political reasons. I guarantee you, had this been a Trump second term, they would be singing a different tune. Truly disgusting, and I honestly am increasingly annoyed with a majority of red avatars.
Personally I'm annoyed when people want to go back to masks and lockdowns because I want to go out and live life and have a good time, not because of the potential impact on Joe Bidan's poll numbers. Everyone (or at least the majority?) of posters on this blog are humans too.

I don't want to go back to lockdown either, but there are intermediate measures we can take. Mitigation is not a bad thing. I still fail to see how masks are some apparent massive violation of rights to some people. They are one of the most effective measures we have against this virus (and viruses and other pathogens in general) after vaccines. Lockdowns, although necessary at times, are harmful to businesses and the economy in general. Masks and social distancing indoors are minor inconveniences. That doesn't mean everywhere. It just means in certain places, like stores. There is no harm in basic personal mitigation measures. At this point, I have to wonder how many people decided to stop basic hand-washing since it's apparently probably too much of a chore for most.

At what point would you endorse an end to social distancing measures?

And take "lockdodown" out of your vocabularly. It is not an option and disgusting its even still being debated in July 2021.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2021, 08:10:03 AM »

The more push there are for lockdowns by the online left the more likely I will use mass transit and open flaunt any covid protection measure.

hahahahahaha it is my joy that kids will be back in school, that people are returning to the office, people are flying, people are going to resorts, people are visiting loved ones in nursing homes.. and there is absolutely the online left can do about it and expect bitch, whine and moan.

and I am typing this as I am riding mass transit just to spite yall!

Perhaps yall should move to Australia and live in your dream society!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2021, 08:18:00 AM »

Serious mitigation efforts are not needed until our hospital systems become at risk of being overrun. There’s way too much fearmongering in this thread.

The online left's attitudes also are going to prevent any smart and common sense covid mitigation measures in five or six months I would not object to capacity limits on major gatherings over around 250 people and perhaps indoor mask mandates in certain venues this upcoming winter for the sake of mitigation. But they have now made it politically unfeasiable.

I will saw if schools in suburban and some urban counties are closed this winter, that will be a major issue in the 2022 midterms and would be unforgivable.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2021, 07:44:07 PM »

ooooo and covid proved that hospitality workers.. many of them are lazy as ****. They are almost as bad as teachers in refusing to go back to work.

Come october they will be begging to get their jobs back. hahahahaha

Vaccines for kids under 12 are not yet approved, it'd be stupid to reopen all schools.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07/10/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/the-cdc-urges-schools-to-fully-reopen-even-if-they-cannot-follow-all-covid-19-guidelines?smid=share-live-control

CDC disagrees with you.

Thank goodness. Great news! That means no major suburban reversion to the GOP in NJ and VA this November. VA Gov from toss up to Lean D and NJ Gov from Likely D to Safe D.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2021, 09:54:34 PM »

For those of you people who think I do not care about people's deaths and did not care of the pandemic:

I voted for Biden as early as I could... specifically due to the pandemic:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=395038.msg7585237#msg7585237
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2021, 08:17:30 PM »

You sound deranged.

If people wanted more covid restrictions so bad, Democrats would not have almost lost the House of Representatives last November.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »

I am going to visit relatives in Alabama (my mother is from Alabama) and many of them are anti-vaxxers.

Which precautions should I take?

Just live normal.  If your in a very crowded indoor venue perhaps wear a  mask but that's it.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »

I am going to visit relatives in Alabama (my mother is from Alabama) and many of them are anti-vaxxers.

Which precautions should I take?

If you're fully vaccinated, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I mean, the vaccine is not 100% effective and is less effective against certain variations (i.e. Delta).

Wow, you're really f**king stupid.

It's like some people want the pandemic to continue forever.

Taking precautions is not the same thing as wanting the pandemic to continue forever.

People can and should take precautions but there should be no governmental mandates at this time and certainly never ever any business or school shut downs again. Never!

We are largely vaccinated population with a minority of clowns refusing it. We shall not let them control us!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »

screaming that vaccinated people still have to take all the same precautions and pausing johnson and johnson vaccine over the silliest possible reason did not help in achieving a universally vaccinated population.

But a message, not a requirement, that advises correctly worn masks in crowded venues this upcoming winter is completely different than "pausing" a vaccine for a blood clot that has far less liklihood than contracting covid 19.

I also hate to say this  but with the way delta variant is spreading it will likely hit anyone who has not been vaccinated or infected previously hard before the winter.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2021, 12:58:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1414979356263387144

and I will be clear:

I. Do. Not. Care.

Weighing costs and benefits to children and society. We must have schools open.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2021, 06:32:11 AM »

What exactly do yall want in regards to mitigation measures?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2021, 09:14:31 AM »

I will not fight against indoor mask mandates. Especially in crowded venues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies