Opinion of Jimmy Carter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:01:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Jimmy Carter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: FF or HP?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Opinion of Jimmy Carter  (Read 14937 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: March 05, 2006, 09:02:15 PM »

Freedom Fighter. Not a very good President but no worse than the current incumbent. He meant well. When things went wrong, he felt it

Dave

And giving away the Panama Canal was a good thing, huh?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:21:48 AM »

And giving away the Panama Canal was a good thing, huh?

Sure.  It's just an early example of outsourcing.  It's not as if we've been denied its use have we?  The only other equitable alternative would have been to have offered Panama the opportunity to become the 51st state, but somehow I doubt that the either they or we would have been ready for that then.

Nope, we haven't been denied its use....yet. But let the right company take it over (like the Chinese) and that's very likely to happen, especially if we were to ever go to war with them. The Canal was the last thing the US should have ever given away.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 01:28:41 AM »

Um, I hope you realize how close the US was to war with North Korea in 1994 before the Carter trip. Because they were going to process plutonium, Clinton was seriously on the verge of a pre-emptive strike against its nuclear facilities... the retaliatory artillery barrage on Seoul would have killed tens of thousands of people immediately.

Clinton's fault! Carter's fault!
Sorry, I'm just simulating the Republican response.

Your party gave away the Panama canal. Good job.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 01:45:04 AM »

Um, I hope you realize how close the US was to war with North Korea in 1994 before the Carter trip. Because they were going to process plutonium, Clinton was seriously on the verge of a pre-emptive strike against its nuclear facilities... the retaliatory artillery barrage on Seoul would have killed tens of thousands of people immediately.

A small price to pay for a non-Republican President.

Small Price? Do you realize what would happen if the US was cut off from the Panama Canal?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 02:12:01 AM »

A small price to pay for a non-Republican President.

Small Price? Do you realize what would happen if the US was cut off from the Panama Canal?

Shipping tons are up about 20% since Panama took control.

And? If the Chinese has bought to Canal like they tried to do already and something militarily ever occured they could easily cut us off, which would put us in very bad trouble if we needed the navy, to you know, defend the west coast.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies