2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:37:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 170282 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 29, 2020, 12:46:43 AM »

I think I may have been the first TalkElections poster to vote in the 2020 Presidential Election actually.

I plan to fill out my ballot this weekend. Nice thing about absentee is you can take the time to carefully look up the local candidates.

VBM Requests as of 9/26, % of Total 2018 Vote:
Abrams Counties: 37.90% (817453/2156818)
Georgia, Overall: 33.28%
Kemp Counties: 27.72% (496804/1792128)

That's promising, especially given mail in Georgia has been pretty fast with the ballots.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:09:44 AM »

My vote is officially cast--the SoS state received my absentee ballot yesterday and today was listed as accepted.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:09:58 PM »

Yup, Dems need to pack the court. 5 out of 9 justices are anti-democracy

the PA law states that ballots must be received by election day and the Governor changed that.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/governor-wolf-signs-election-reform-bill-including-new-mail-in-voting/

And the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that it was okay because of the pandemic. Shows that the majority of the court doesn't care about Federalism.

Its the legislature that decides rules not the freakin unelected courts . This shows exactly why we need a conservative court cause liberal justices believe the courts should be super legislatures

Lol this court is elected

The Constitution clearly states the state legislature is what is supposed to decide the rules not the  judicial branch in the states.

John Roberts really disappointed me cause I thought he was a strict constructionist

You don't seem to understand how checks and balances work.

Yes I do and the powers by each branch is set by the constitution and the PA supreme court violated the US constitution here.

Here is the clause:

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress; but no Senator or Representative, or person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States shall be appointed an Elector

First, that clause is explicitly about choosing electors to the electoral college, I'm not sure what your point of posting it is relating to ballot deadlines.

Second, why are you upset about this but didn't make a several page stink when Trump violated the constitution and intentionally undermined the postal service, making these deadline changes necessary in the first place?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 01:50:49 AM »

Two questions:

First, it looks like we're going to be at 35-40% of 2016's total vote (and this is with several states not reporting, and presumably not including mail vote in all-mail states?)--how does that compare to 2016 two weeks before?

Second, does it look like we won't have much of a problem with ballots not arriving on time at this point?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 01:29:01 AM »

Am I reading that right, Texas has already cast 2/3 the number of total votes that it cast in 2016?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies